ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukstay2
Newly Registered

Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?

Post by ukstay2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm

I am director of a limited company, for naturalisation application, I am providing with PAYE tax office reference. Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?
Can SA return and a print of 'Tax year overview' page from HMRC website suffice? Please advise

Thanks

Nitro

Re: Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?

Post by Nitro » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

When I submitted couple of weeks ago, NCS specially asked me to provide self assessment. Its always best to provide the information they ask, if available.

All the best

tripping

Re: Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?

Post by tripping » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 am

ukstay2 wrote:I am director of a limited company, for naturalisation application, I am providing with PAYE tax office reference. Is Self assessment statement of accounts mandatory?
Can SA return and a print of 'Tax year overview' page from HMRC website suffice? Please advise

Thanks
That is exactly what the requirements say to provide, so it is mandatory.

Instead of sending tax view overhead page from HMRC website, which is essentially a printout, I would suggest ringing up HMRC to send you SA302, which you should have if you have been lodging your SA tax return every year. Both your SA return and SA302 will be solid concrete evidence to satisfy this criteria, as now granting UK citizenship is getting more stringent and political, and you do not want to take any chances! Good luck!