ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK with expired EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rj80
Newly Registered

Re-entering UK with expired EEA Family Permit

Post by rj80 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a non-EU citizen who's been living/working in the UK for about 6 months now with my EU citizen wife.

My EEA Family Permit expired about 2 months ago but I haven't applied for a residency permit yet as I knew we were going to be travelling back to her home country in January and would need my passport.

It's my understanding that as long as I can show that she's exercising her EU rights in the UK (she is a full-time student, works part-time, and has a valid WRS card) there shouldn't be any problems at the border.

Could anyone confirm/deny? I've read some posts about couples travelling together; she'll be following me 2 days later as I need to return earlier due to work.

Thanks for any help..

shahinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by shahinlondon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 pm

i have a big doubt about that. I am sure you even would not be to take a boarding pass of the flight coming to UK without having a valid UK Visa.

rj80
Newly Registered

Post by rj80 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Fortunately I'm a non-visa national so that part won't be an issue.

rj80
Newly Registered

Post by rj80 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Anyone? :?

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:03 am

rj80 wrote:Anyone? :?
I don't think you can get any more useful advice than you've already been given.

FYI: Here is our experience from entering the UK without a Family Permit. But at that time I was traveling together with my wife; this clearly makes things easier at the border.

Rbud
Newly Registered

Re: Re-entering UK with expired EEA Family Permit

Post by Rbud » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am Indian citizen in the UK with my EEA un-married partner. I obtained the 6 months Family EEA permit and came here in August. My Entry Visa is valid untill January and meanwhile I have already applied for the EEA Residence Card.
We are planning to go to Indian in February for 10 days but my EEA family visa will expire by that time, however as there is no Immigration Control exiting the UK I am not much worried. But can someone help me know if there will be any problem re-entering with an expired EEA family VIsa. Please note: Me and my un-married partner will be travelling together and returning back together..
And yes just to add up, I am permanent resident of Hungary and this is where I met my partner and obtained the EEA family Visa to enter the UK ...

Besides, we both have a job in the UK and are working and I ahve laready applied for the residence card and have the Letter from home Office...

I am not sure what to do and if I should take this chance?? Can someone give their experiences out here..

Many Thanks,
Rbud
Last edited by Rbud on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carcara
Newly Registered

URGENT RE-ENTERING IN UK WITH EXPIRED RECIDENCE

Post by carcara » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 am

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi
I'm full-time student and part-time worker and I have my Residence Expired. My wife, my soon and my daughter are both EEA. As my wife has not work for certain period of time during my residence Im apparently not entitled to Permanent residence yet and need to travel to Brasil in one week time.
What can I do to ensure that I will not have problems returning to Uk????

slough_Boy

Re: URGENT RE-ENTERING IN UK WITH EXPIRED RECIDENCE

Post by slough_Boy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:47 am

carcara wrote:URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi
I'm full-time student and part-time worker and I have my Residence Expired. My wife, my soon and my daughter are both EEA. As my wife has not work for certain period of time during my residence Im apparently not entitled to Permanent residence yet and need to travel to Brasil in one week time.
What can I do to ensure that I will not have problems returning to Uk????
I have already ans . ur question in other post.
come back to UK with proof that ur wife is still UK resident and she is still qualified.