ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separated and left house. Advice please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Manchester171

Separated and left house. Advice please

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:40 am

Hello. I have a permanent residency as a family member of EU and I will apply for citizenship this September for me and for my twins who were born here. I have separated from wife this month, left our council house and moved to live with a friends who have a spare room and sharing all bills. I had joint council tax bill with my wife paid up to date, but now we changed to her name while I pay rent inclusive council tax by bank transfer to my friend who has his name on the bill of my new address. I have informed the council with this change and they don't have a problem at all. Do you think it can affect my citizenship application ? I am still providing child care for my kids while their mum at work. I have never been abroad during the past six years. I entered UK through airport and married in UK. English course and test are done. What do you think guys?

Manchester171

Re: Separated and left house. Advice please.

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Any advice please?

theprideofpak

Re: Separated and left house. Advice please

Post by theprideofpak » Sat May 23, 2015 1:44 pm

If you download citizenship form and guide notes, you'll see that this application doesn't need any of the things you mentioned. This application doesn't even required your bank statements. I don't think you'll face any issues.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid of the criteria of my future intention to live in UK and if they may think I don't have a permenant established home. These are conditions now beside the good character what they use to grant the naturalisation or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:43 pm

I am afraid of the criteria of my future intention to live in UK
This is not a 'new' criteria, it has been one for a few years now. It was already in place when I applied in 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:15 pm

So, is my situation that I don't have bills in my name how I used to have and living with a friends can make the caseworker assume that I don't have a permenant address or intention to live in UK? However this is not true as my kids live here. Just a bit worried to my situation that only happened 4 months before the due date to apply for citizenship.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Sat May 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi,

The question is "where do you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised",

It's simple actually, just mention wherever in UK, you intend to live. It doesn't ask to provide evidence of that intention.

You could well be living temporarily somewhere but the intention remains that you will live in the UK. Well, hope so!

I think there's a difference between address and intention here.
Your temporary address is still in the UK, and your intention is to be still living in the UK.

Unless you are spending lengthy periods of time abroad, the caseworker is hardly going to investigate your intention.

Unless the new AN form asks to prove the intention, I think you should be fine.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 am

Do I need to send any bills with my name for my new address?

Can I use my old address where my children and my wife live there as I will apply for my boys with my application so may better all of us have same address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 am

Do I need to send any bills with my name for my new address?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Do I need to write a letter to the caseworker explaining that I moved out of my family house and currently living with a friend where we share all bills? I am afraid the caseworker may ask for a tenancy agreement which I don't have as it is in my friend's name. What do you think?

Manchester171

Naturalisation after PR

Post by Manchester171 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm

What documents have you sent for naturalization AN application? I am going to apply this September based on 6 years residency as I have PR. I passed LIUK test and ESOL before April 15. I am not sure if I suppose to re-send 6 years documents to support my application or not.

badratio

Re: Share what supported documents have you sent for AN.

Post by badratio » Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 pm

You don't have to resend 6 years worth of documents. Just your PR card + supporting documents covering 1 year after you've been issued your PR card to prove residency (payslips will suffice).
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Have you sent any bills, bank statements or tenancy agreement?

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 am

Manchester171 wrote:Have you sent any bills, bank statements or tenancy agreement?
no documents required, not even your bank statements etc,
all you need is your current valid passport, brp, LIUK and proof of english requirements. That's it....

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Manchester171 wrote:Have you sent any bills, bank statements or tenancy agreement?
theprideofpak is correct, please see Page 29 of Form AN in this link for a list of supporting documents required. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Manchester171

Address on driving license what was used to pass LIUK

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:13 am

I have used my driving license as an ID when I passed the LIUK test. I have moved to another address this month and I found out that Home Office wants the same ID what I used to pass the test to be sent along with other support documents for Citizenship application. Now should I update DVLA to get a new one with my new address or keep the old one until the due date of application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address on driving license what was used to pass LIUK

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:20 am

You won't have to submit your original drivers license to HO. When are you applying for citizenship and are you using NCS?

However, you could face a £1000 fine if you do not update your address with DVLA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat May 30, 2015 10:26 am

You should change your dvla address and mention this in the form for a safe side. You are still going to provide your address history anyway. Let them check that if they want to.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:24 pm

CR001 wrote:You won't have to submit your original drivers license to HO. When are you applying for citizenship and are you using NCS?

However, you could face a £1000 fine if you do not update your address with DVLA.
My PR was issued on 28 Sep 14 so end of Sep I can apply. I am doubt about NCS as I have read here few cases were asked by HO to send their original docs after NCS was already checked them and sent true copy. I am thinking better to send all original docs by myself. I will update my details online on DVLA. In AN guidance is mention to send the same ID what was used to pass LIUK test along with application. I used my driving license, so I will need to send it I guess so.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun May 31, 2015 7:43 pm

Manchester171 wrote:Do I need to write a letter to the caseworker explaining that I moved out of my family house and currently living with a friend where we share all bills? I am afraid the caseworker may ask for a tenancy agreement which I don't have as it is in my friend's name. What do you think?
As mentioned previously, you don't need anything. Just the application form, valid current and or previous passport covering 3/5 years of UK residence, brp, LIUK, english requirements. The rule of thumb is that don't say anything until you are asked, if you write a letter and explain everything, you are inviting more trouble for yourself.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Manchester171 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You won't have to submit your original drivers license to HO. When are you applying for citizenship and are you using NCS?

My PR was issued on 28 Sep 14 so end of Sep I can apply. I am doubt about NCS as I have read here few cases were asked by HO to send their original docs after NCS was already checked them and sent true copy. I am thinking better to send all original docs by myself. I will update my details online on DVLA. In AN guidance is mention to send the same ID what was used to pass LIUK test along with application. I used my driving license, so I will need to send it I guess so.
I used my driver's license to pass LIUK, NCS sent copy of my licence, nothing was asked by Home Office, I got approved without the Home Office asking me of original licence.

So you can attend NCS if that is your only doubt.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Manchester171

Can I apply with stamp cancelled on my passport with PR?

Post by Manchester171 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 am

I am due to apply for the citizenship but my native passport where I have my PR was the manual one that was handwritten. Now by the law I can't use it anymore so I applied for the computerized one through my embassy and I am waiting for it to arrive but the Officer told me there that they will need to stamp cancelled on my old passport where the PR and handle me the new one. I am worried now if this will affect my AN application. Any advise?

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Can I apply with stamp cancelled on my passport with PR?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:54 am

Manchester171 wrote:I am due to apply for the citizenship but my native passport where I have my PR was the manual one that was handwritten. Now by the law I can't use it anymore so I applied for the computerized one through my embassy and I am waiting for it to arrive but the Officer told me there that they will need to stamp cancelled on my old passport where the PR and handle me the new one. I am worried now if this will affect my AN application. Any advise?
This is all normal procedure, why are you worried about it?
They are cancelling your passport, your PR stays valid. I am assuming they will return your cancelled passport back to you which they normally do.
There is also a UKBA procedure to tranfer your existing visa onto your new passport but IMHO it is completely unnecessary.

Manchester171

Re: Can I apply with stamp cancelled on my passport with PR?

Post by Manchester171 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:15 am

Because they are changing the law and procedures every week and I am afraid there is something would concern my situation. I have already a cancelled passport with my current one so they will be two cancelled attach to the new one.

Manchester171

Can the referees sign AN form one month earlier?

Post by Manchester171 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:14 am

Can the referees sign the AN and MN forms one month before the due date? I am due to apply in the end of September and my professional referee will move abroad soon and offered me to sign it this month. Any advice?