ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency via SS Route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pti2323

Permanent residency via SS Route

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:24 pm

hello lovey people

I've a query regarding the PR via SS route

I saw the following in a FAQs section on this forum

"After 5 years of residence, an application for Confirmation of PR status using form EEA4 can be applied for. Again, the same evidence from the other member state is required. Once a PR status has been obtained (after 5 years of residence), the non-EEA national can apply for British citizenship as a spouse of BC."

Is it the same evidence that the British spouse acquired 5 years ago exercising her treaty rights?

Does that mean British spouse will have to hold on to the evidence for 5 years even after :
1. Residence card to the spouse was issued based on those docs
2. Both spouses working and living in UK for 5 years after the residence card was acquired

Response would be highly appreciated

Pti2323

Re: Permanent residency via SS Route

Post by Pti2323 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Any one ????

AngieD

Re: Permanent residency via SS Route

Post by AngieD » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:27 am

Hi

My husband has recently received PR as a "Singh" case

We applied on 1 Feb 2015 using the old EEA4 form - we therefore just ticked the box to say already had both FP and 5 year RC already issued under Singh

I know they are now asking for people to resubmit their "Singh" evidence again.

Are you about to apply for PR or are you just asking for an application in the future?

If you are about to apply and have lost your original "Singh" docs then write a cover letter with you application stating that your non EU family member already has FP or 5 year card issued under Singh regs and this is your "evidence" that you have already satisfied "Singh".

If you are asking about a future application then just keep the evidence that your supplied for FP/5 year RC.

They seem to change the forms regularly so who knows what they will ask in the future. It does seem ridiculous that they need to see all evidence again though - if they were satisfied for FP/5 year card then they really should not be needing to see all the evidence again