ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for uk born while parents on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukdest

Passport for uk born while parents on ILR

Post by ukdest » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi,

My son was born two weeks before and we parents have ILR for more than an year. We have not applied for naturalisation yet.

Since we were planning to travel soon we thought of getting british passport for son. I applied online and in the list of documents it says parents passport as one of them. I am sure it the british passport they expect. Can we sent our Indian passport plus ILR card for this?

Hope my son is british by birth and need not be naturalised by going through MN1.

Has anyone faced the same situation?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Passport for uk born while parents on ILR

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:20 pm

You are correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PrestonLancs

Re: Passport for uk born while parents on ILR

Post by PrestonLancs » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Its not any kind of situation. Its a simple routine matter.

Your child is British by birth, because of you having ILR at the time of his birth.

You just need to send your passports to prove this fact, thats all.