ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Job - dependent status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hrm12
Newly Registered

Change of Job - dependent status

Post by hrm12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa and thinking of switching jobs. My wife is currently in India for a few months. In case if I switch jobs and get a new tier 2 general visa my wife would still be India during that period. My question is if my wife applies for new dependent visa from India would she come under the rule of dependent getting visa post 9th July 2012 and wait for 5 years to obtain an ILR?

Please note me and my wife have been on Tier 2 since January 2012 and got an extension done as well in January 2015.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change of Job - dependent status

Post by manci » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:00 am

hasnainrm12 wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa and thinking of switching jobs. My wife is currently in India for a few months. In case if I switch jobs and get a new tier 2 general visa my wife would still be India during that period. My question is if my wife applies for new dependent visa from India would she come under the rule of dependent getting visa post 9th July 2012 and wait for 5 years to obtain an ILR?

Your wife's PBS dependant visa remains valid until its expiry date even if you change jobs/sponsor. If she will return to the UK while her visa is valid there is no need to apply for new entry clearance from India

Please note me and my wife have been on Tier 2 since January 2012 and got an extension done as well in January 2015.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

hrm12
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Job - dependent status

Post by hrm12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Thank you for the reply.

There seems to be applicant who have tried to contact the immigration office and have been informed that the dependent visa gets invalid once I, the main applicant, change job or in a way make a new tier 2 application. Is there any guidance on the immigration website to ensure that my wife doesn't get barred from entering the country due to changes in my visa.I do understand having going there website that they prefer to keep things complicated rather than providing straight forward answer as I have never come across of contacting the immigration office directly to ask any questions.

Many thanks.

Regards,