ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal help - URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Re: refusal help - URGENT

Post by dialectic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 am

manci wrote:
dialectic wrote:Quick question

Am I allowed to submit an admin review and make a fresh application with that admin review pending?

Do I need to withdraw the admin review before making a new application?

Is there any info on the guidance regarding this? Can you point that to me?

Thanks
the guidance is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf
@manci

Thanks for your reply. Having the admin review pending would hold the curtailment letter I suppose (?)

Would it be a good idea to apply for admin review myself and gather my evidence while is pending in order to withdraw it and apply with a solicitor? I'm concerned about time...

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:07 am

If it helps anyone

RE Admin Review deadlines. Try and use the date of the letter and not the date when it was posted as the starting point of the 14 days deadline.

In other words. Call UKVI and ask. They told me the starting point to start counting the 14 days was the date of the decision and not the date when I received it by express delivery (5 DAYS LATER!).

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:18 pm

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Yeah. I was aware of the guidance. I was assuming the deadline would be July 8th as I received the decision letter with BRP on June 24th. However, I called them, they asked for my case number and told me I should start counting the 14 days from June 19th which is the date on the decision letter, and according to that the deadline was on friday July 3rd. Frustrating and stressful as they gave me conflicting information.

I was forced to submit my Admin Review on friday July 3rd after it was reviewed by a solicitor some days back (he did not represent me on the admin review request anyway). I am planning on having a new CoS assigned and reapplying, using new documentation and a cover letter as discussed before. The cover letter would be based on what is stated on the Admin Review request anyway, and I guess I need to send an email withdrawing the Admin Review request before doing a fresh application using premium service (?)