ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gorangoran

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by gorangoran » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for ilr in 3 months time.
Please, can you kindly tell what document I need to submit.
I will go for the premium service as well so if you have experience of that please pass it to me.
Many thanks in advance.
Goran

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Re: ILR Due in 4 weeks
Postby Raza.raja » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello every 1 I am new on this forum looking for some important information if you guys please can shed some light on it I will be applying for ilr on long residence (10 year )basis end of July I have passed esol level 2 in 2011 which has been used to obtain tier 1 general and tier 1 general extension now can it still be used to apply for ilr I have read on ukba website that it will be accepted by 5 November 2015 but then again read it somwhere online that these certificates are only valid for two years these certificates hasn't got expiry dates only shows the dates when the exams were taken looking forward to hear from you guys
Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:34 pm

gorangoran wrote:Hi,
I am going to apply for ilr in 3 months time.
Please, can you kindly tell what document I need to submit.
I will go for the premium service as well so if you have experience of that please pass it to me.
Many thanks in advance.
Goran
Hi Goran...
Requirement of documents totally depend on type of application U making for ILR such as SET(LR) or SET(O) or SET(M) , so plz be precise what route of ILR U are taking and I am sure some help and guidance will be provided by members.

Regards
Khan

PRiYO
Newly Registered

Post by PRiYO » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:40 pm

I would like to thank everyone in this forum who has helped me to get my ILR(LR) on 1st July. It was a great resource for me and wanted to show my gratitude by writing here. Those of whom are still waiting to apply or applying I wish you good luck with your application. Just to help people with the same boat as me here are a few details so that it may help you.

ILR (LR)

7 year student+ 3 year PBS dependent. (All extension was done in time and once had to leave the country to switch)

- those of whom are worried about leaving UK and coming back. please be assured any period less than 180 is fine as long as you had valid visa on leaving and arriving back in the UK. In my case I was 128 days away and was worried about it because some solicitors were telling me that If my gap was more than 90 days i can not apply. that was not true. Also the visa does not have to be in the same category, if you have switched its fine)

I went for the premium service in Cardiff as I found in the past it was difficult to waiting for months and I tell you it is worth spend that extra £400.

Documents submitted
- Payment for premium application fee sheet/email
- appointment booking reference letter/email
- Passport
- BRP
- List of all entry and exit dates during last 10 years in a table. (I attached photo copy of all entry/exit stamps pages from the passport)
- List of all visa I had chronologically for the past 10 years, breaking down issue and valid till date
- Life in the Uk letter
- IELTS letter
- Cover letter for additional grounds such as establish family and private life. (as all new application form now states that any other grounds to remain in the UK must be stated. Source; section 3.4 on the form and front cover sheet )

Additional
- Bank statement for last 3 month.
- Employment letter + 6 months payslip.

Also don't forget to attach photo copies of all documents you have submitted.
My appointment was on 9.40 am. went there around 9.15 it was not busy at all and the staff were very friendly.
i submitted the documents. 15 min later given the bio metric details. after 1.5 hr got my documents back. it was such a relief. Just waiting for my BRP to arrive.

Thank you so much dear seniors and moderators. wish you all the best.
Last edited by PRiYO on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Congratulations Priyo!!

Just a question, were you been asked to show the additional documents?

PRiYO
Newly Registered

Post by PRiYO » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Shah05 wrote:Congratulations Priyo!!

Just a question, were you been asked to show the additional documents?
Thank you Shah

No I was not asked and Its not mandatory, but I just thought this will make my case stronger as I have been paying tax.

I know some people did not submit any additional documents and still got it.

I took some other documents too but kept with me. like council tax, marriage certificate in case. but not needed everything went smooth.
Last edited by PRiYO on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Ok great to know. Thanks for promo reply.

UKres

Post by UKres » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm

PRiYO wrote:I would like to thank everyone in this forum who has helped me to get my ILR(LR) on 1st July. It was a great resource for me and wanted to show my gratitude by writing here. Those of whom are still waiting to apply or applying I wish you good luck with your application. Just to help people with the same boat as me here are a few details so that it may help you.

ILR (LR)

7 year student+ 3 year PBS dependent. (All extension was done in time and once had to leave the country to switch)

- those of whom are worried about leaving UK and coming back. please be assured any period less than 180 is fine as long as you had valid visa on leaving and arriving back in the UK. In my case I was 128 days away and was worried about it because some solicitors were telling me that If my gap was more than 90 days i can not apply. that was not true. Also the visa does not have to be in the same category, if you have switched its fine)

I went for the premium service in Cardiff as I found in the past it was difficult to waiting for months and I tell you it is worth spend that extra £400.

Documents submitted
- Payment for premium application fee sheet/email
- appointment booking reference letter/email
- Passport
- BRP
- List of all entry and exit dates during last 10 years in a table. (I attached photo copy of all entry/exit stamps pages from the passport)
- List of all visa I had chronologically for the past 10 years, breaking down issue and valid till date
- Life in the Uk letter
- IELTS letter

Additional
- Bank statement for last 3 month.
- Employment letter + 6 months payslip.

Also don't forget to attach photo copies of all documents you have submitted.
My appointment was on 9.40 am. went there around 9.15 it was not busy at all and the staff were very friendly.
i submitted the documents. 15 min later given the bio metric details. after 1.5 hr got my documents back. it was such a relief. Just waiting for my BRP to arrive.

Thank you so much dear seniors and moderators. wish you all the best.
Congrats on your ILR:)
Did they ask any questions to you ?

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 am

HI EVERYBODY ,
Guys seriously need some help regarding my SET LR application as it has been four months and I haven't heard anything as yet from HO. I had to cover 3 month in order to complete my 10 years , so I applied for FLR FP Back in November 2014 which was refused and luckily option of appeal was given I appealed to clear last 2 weeks of February 2015 to Complete 10 years .. and applied for SET LR on 1st of March 2015 then i requested to withdrew my appeal of FLR FP a week after which was withdrawn By tribunals on 26th of April as the judge was not available .Done SET LR biometric on 4th of april 2015. I have no issues with visa extentions all were fine and in time in last 10 years ... Still waiting ..
Whole process in sequence :
Previous student leave expired : 26/11/14.
Applied FLR FP ON 24/11/2014.
FLR FP DECISION 19/02//15.
FLR FP APPEAL 21/02/15.
SET LR APPLICATION 01/03/2015
WITHDRAWAL FLR FP APPEAL REQUEST 8/03/15.
DONE SET LR BIOMETRIC 04/04/15
FLR FP appeal withdrawn 26/04/15
Received satisfaction Survey email from UKVI on 16/06/15
Still waiting ....

My question is that is Home office taking more than 4 months to process SET LR now days? As my friends got their ILR in 3 months time , they applied in January 2015 and November 2014.

I have been reading posts on this site and help me a lot .. I hope will get replies on it ..

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:46 am

Your date are completely confusing

Can you please write order

Date of appeal

Date appeal withdraw

Date of application
linmkhan wrote:HI EVERYBODY ,
Guys seriously need some help regarding my SET LR application as it has been four months and I haven't heard anything as yet from HO. I had to cover 3 month in order to complete my 10 years , so I applied for FLR FP Back in November 2014 which was refused and luckily option of appeal was given I appealed to clear last 2 weeks of February 2015 to Complete 10 years .. and applied for SET LR on 1st of March 2015 then i requested to withdrew my appeal of FLR FP a week after which was withdrawn By tribunals on 26th of April as the judge was not available .Done SET LR biometric on 4th of april 2015. I have no issues with visa extentions all were fine and in time in last 10 years ... Still waiting ..
FLR FP APPEAL 21/02/15.
Still waiting ....

My question is that is Home office taking more than 4 months to process SET LR now days? As my friends got their ILR in 3 months time , they applied in January 2015 and November 2014.

I have been reading posts on this site and help me a lot .. I hope will get replies on it ..

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi smir, They are in order ... actually action was taken by tribunals bit late on my Flr fp appeal withdrawal application hence why appeal withdrawn on 24/04/15 .. In the mean time I had already applied for SET LR on 01/03/15.
FLR FP Appeal date 21/02/15 covered 2 weeks in order to complete 10 years
Applied for SET LR on 01/03/15. While Flr fp Appeal was waiting to be withdrawn..
SET LR BIOMETRIC 04/04/15.
FLR FP Appeal withdrawn 24/04/15. Late withdrawal due to unavailability of judge ..
I did mention in SET LR form and covering letter about my appeal in pending and want to vary my application .

Thanks smir for Ur reply .. on my question ..

smir wrote:Your date are completely confusing

Date of appeal

Date appeal withdraw

Date of application
FLR FP APPEAL 21/02/15.
Still waiting ....

Last edited by linmkhan on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:35 pm

FLR FP APPEAL 21/02/15.
Still waiting ....

Based on the dates you mention I think you made a big mistake to make a fresh application when your appeal was still pending. It is more likely your application may not be considered at all by simply rejecting it as invalid or void based on the immigration law that reject simultaneous application with applicant’s withdrawal of his appeal. This link has more details https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 5-ukut-273. I am in the same boat although my application was made on the same day after withdrawing appeal by fax and email. It was common and acceptable practice in the past but this seem to change after the tribunal making clear of the purpose of 3C. What I can tell you is, don't despair becoz everything is possible with your case! I am also patiently waiting after my application early April. All the best.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Law says

The date you request to withdraw appeal is the date of withdrawl

And after that only you can make fresh application within 28 days
linmkhan wrote:Hi smir, They are in order ... actually action was taken by tribunals bit late on my Flr fp appeal withdrawal application hence why appeal withdrawn on 24/04/15 .. In the mean time I had already applied for SET LR on 01/03/15.
FLR FP Appeal date 21/02/15 covered 2 weeks in order to complete 10 years
Applied for SET LR on 01/03/15. While Flr fp Appeal was waiting to be withdrawn..
SET LR BIOMETRIC 04/04/15.
FLR FP Appeal withdrawn 24/04/15. Late withdrawal due to unavailability of judge ..

Thanks smir for Ur reply .. on my question ..

smir wrote:Your date are completely confusing

Date of appeal

Date appeal withdraw

Date of application
FLR FP APPEAL 21/02/15.
Still waiting ....

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks smir :)...

hope i will get decision soon as it has been 4 months and still waiting ..

thank you for you prompt response .

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:54 pm

linmkhan wrote:Thanks smir :)...

hope i will get decision soon as it has been 4 months and still waiting ..

thank you for you prompt response .
R u acting alone in your appeal or someone is representing u?

U put yourself in trouble (i hope not) but when u apply set lr u still have appeal pending and u withdrew it after 1 week.

How u withdrew your appeal? by fax or by post?

If fax than effective date is same day when u send them the fax and got the fax sent confirmation.

if post than the day tribunal received the withdrawal letter.

Now pray that caseworker treat your application as withdrawn when he making decision. Otherwise u r in a big big trouble.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks for a quick reply guys ,
I have spoken to so many lawyers and they all were gonna do follow the same thing .. initially tribunals did not receive my lawyers first fax of withdrawal then he sent another one that's why it took that long to withdraw .. I already have posted appeal withdraw confirmation to the concerned department of home office and informed them that my appeal has withdrawn ...

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Moreover , either home office send the file back and ask to apply again when appeal withdrawn or they hold it until your appeal is withdrawn then process it .. same thing happened to my friend his lawyer did not even withdraw appeal and straight away and his lawyer processed ilr .. file came back in a month from HO with a letter stating that withdraw Ur appeal first and apply again .. luckily his appeal withdraw confirmation came just after 2 days he received his ilr file .. then his lawyer enclosed withdrawal confirmation with ilr file and posted again to the home office and eventually after 2 weeks got his ILR ..stay positive .....
Kindly keep uploading Ur replies please
I wish everybody a good luck .
Speak soon ..

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Which dept did you submit that you withdrawn the appeal

Now just relax and pray to God

linmkhan wrote:Thanks for a quick reply guys ,
I have spoken to so many lawyers and they all were gonna do follow the same thing .. initially tribunals did not receive my lawyers first fax of withdrawal then he sent another one that's why it took that long to withdraw .. I already have posted appeal withdraw confirmation to the concerned department of home office and informed them that my appeal has withdrawn ...

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for Ur reply Smir. . Yes I m relax and praying all the time ....However, I coped it from SET LR form ..
Please see below :

14. Contacting Us After You Have Applied
If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):

The Home Office
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN
and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 am

linmkhan wrote:Thanks for a quick reply guys ,
Are you saying the fax machine was NOT working or what?

The fact here is your application was made while your appeal was pending. It is against the legislation that prevents a person from making a fresh application until an appeal has been withdrawn. One of the things the HO do is to check and ensure they are not dealing with an application under appeal. Every application, they take not of the CID before they validate the application. It could be that your application was validated considering you were accepted for biometric. It is more likely you might get away with it.

But I don't understand is why you decided to post a withdraw confirmation. This may only attract unnecessary investigations from the caseworker. It is like giving the home office a rope to hang you with it

alif_seu
Newly Registered

Post by alif_seu » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:09 am

Hi
I m about to apply for ilr under long reference, but I have a FPN for speeding and 3 points on my license .where do I mention on my application form that I have FPN ?thanks.

amazing grace
Newly Registered

Post by amazing grace » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:33 pm

It's my time to share the great news !

I received my BRP Friday 3 July and I am waiting for my docs back.

I received 3 emails from HO, 1 confirmation of receiving application and 2 still under consideration.

Thanks you all and good luck for all of you !

Please update my timeline .

amazing grace wrote:Dear All,

I received my second email this afternoon. Hopefully this is not a bad news.

M2013 wrote:Hi, amazing grace.
I added ur details to the timeline.
Please have a look.
Good luck.
amazing grace wrote:Hi all,

could some update my info on google drive please!

Application sent: 13/04/2015
Money Taken from account: 15/04/2015
Acknowledge letter received:20/04/2015; BY EMAIL: 23/04/2015
biometric letter received: 24/04/2015
Biometric recorded: 25/04/2015
Approval date: TBC
Docs received: TBC
BRP: TBC

Thanks!

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

[quote="amazing grace"]It's my time to share the great news !

I received 3 emails from HO, 1 confirmation of receiving application and 2 still under consideration.

Congrats on ur Approval , really happy to hear that.
would u share that when did you receive 3rd Email , I received 3rd Email on 22/06/15 and still waiting.
My Bio was enrolled just one day after you enrolled i.e 25/05/15
And have you provided prepaid envelop , If Yes the did you track it before u received your BRP?

Regards
Khan

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Congrats Amazing.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Dear Brother Khan1980
you dont need to worry about your visa. InshAllah everything will be fine. me and you are on same boat even though i applied earlier than you. I applied on 5th March 2015 and bio on 2nd April 2015 after that no news yet. I spend time under EEA regulation aslso. I had 5 years resident card of EEA national which is going to expire on 20 August 2015 but my 10 years completed on 1st April 2015. I think time spend under EEA family members applications take bit long to decide :roll: :roll: because my solicitor said people used to win this type of cases in court that time spent under EEA family member are countable towards 10 years lawful residency. So home office consider court judgements thats why it takes long to decide. I might be wrong but this what i heard.

Khan1980 wrote:
amazing grace wrote:It's my time to share the great news !

Congrats on ur Approval , really happy to hear that.
would u share that when did you receive 3rd Email , I received 3rd Email on 22/06/15 and still waiting.
My Bio was enrolled just one day after you enrolled i.e 25/05/15
And have you provided prepaid envelop , If Yes the did you track it before u received your BRP?

Regards
Khan