ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unable to get fingure prints done through post office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen161
Newly Registered

unable to get fingure prints done through post office

Post by citizen161 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi there,
I am looking for some guidance if someone come across this. As part of the citizenship application I received letter to get my biometrics done. I went to the post office but they failed to do my fingerprint as I lost my 3 fingers in an accident years ago. The guy in post office advised its not possible unless they get full 10 fingers recorded and advised me to contact home office. Just for your kind knowledge my previous Biometrics at the time of HSMP/ILR time were recorded through Home Office Premium service centre where they just by passed and took finger prints of the rest of the fingers. I am not sure in this situation what exactly to do and if I contact home office what to say them. Could it affect my naturalization application in anyway.

Much appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: unable to get fingure prints done through post office

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:21 pm

citizen161 wrote:Hi there,
I am looking for some guidance if someone come across this. As part of the citizenship application I received letter to get my biometrics done. I went to the post office but they failed to do my fingerprint as I lost my 3 fingers in an accident years ago. The guy in post office advised its not possible unless they get full 10 fingers recorded and advised me to contact home office. Just for your kind knowledge my previous Biometrics at the time of HSMP/ILR time were recorded through Home Office Premium service centre where they just by passed and took finger prints of the rest of the fingers. I am not sure in this situation what exactly to do and if I contact home office what to say them. Could it affect my naturalization application in anyway.

Much appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks
citizen161,
This guide may help:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... il_02_.pdf

See
What about any medical or physical conditions that may require the Home Office to provide the applicant with special arrangements
It would be discriminatory and quite unfair to affect your application, HO should simply advise on next steps.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Did you complete point 6.16 as YES on page 27 on the AN form and provide the letter as required?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks for both replies. I didn't complete 6.16 section as last two times (extension/ILR) I did have the doctors letter but it was never needed as they just by passed the process and continued to rest of fingerprints but post office can't do that ; post office can only either record full 10 fingers or cancel the process; they don't seem to have 3rd option. I think my best option would be to contact the BRP service by email address provided in letter and wait for what they advise. Thanks again Noajthan & CR001. Please do let me know if you think differently.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:37 am

If you have a reference number for your application you could try contact or write to the caseworkers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks again CR001
Just sent email on the email address in letter NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explained them the situation given my case reference and also details of when last time my biometrics done in the public enquiry office. Will post again as it comes so it might be helpful for someone else in future. Appreciate your responses in this context.

Regards

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 am

This is what I got back from my email (automated message)

"Thank you for your email to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

If your enquiry is regarding a biometric issue this will be dealt within the agreed service standards timeframe.

If your enquiry relates to any other issue please go to:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Please note, we will not reply to your email, and it will be deleted"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think I should better contact them over the phone or wait for further reply. Just don't want to have any issues as per stated on letter that biometrics needs to be done within 15 working days.

Thanks again

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 am

citizen161 wrote: I think my best option would be to contact the BRP service by email address provided in letter and wait for what they advise.
Good idea. Meanwhile, personally I'd also try another Post Office, take my ILR BRP card and explain that its already done and accepted, perhaps the other Post Office Worker would be more understanding and save you from any further delays. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 am

fwd079 wrote:
citizen161 wrote: I think my best option would be to contact the BRP service by email address provided in letter and wait for what they advise.
Good idea. Meanwhile, personally I'd also try another Post Office, take my ILR BRP card and explain that its already done and accepted, perhaps the other Post Office Worker would be more understanding and save you from any further delays. Good luck.
Also, ask post office to give you in writing that they won't be able to take the biometerics because of this. Write a letter to home office and attach a copy of the letter provided by post office. Keep record of every communication you do with home office for future reference.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks fwd079
The post office guy was really helpful and explained me that they don't have any option to get further; normally they can void and get the option to pass through but as the right hand is the first thing on the recording process he does not get the option to void/null and proceed to the next option. However I will try another post office if no response from BRP Service from my email earlier today.

Regards

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:56 pm

citizen161 wrote:Thanks fwd079
The post office guy was really helpful and explained me that they don't have any option to get further; normally they can void and get the option to pass through but as the right hand is the first thing on the recording process he does not get the option to void/null and proceed to the next option. However I will try another post office if no response from BRP Service from my email earlier today.

Regards
Best of luck and do keep us posted please.

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 pm

try emailing AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
turnaround time is 3 days

kolofata
Newly Registered

Post by kolofata » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:11 pm

I have 'lost' two fingers on my left hand and i have always been able to register my biometric information.

On the 1/6/2015 i went to London bridge post office for naturalization figerprints enrolment , last years it was at the same day service in Croydon, the year before was at Holborn post office.

They simply cancel the two fingers that i am not able to put on the reader.

Maybe the fact that they start with the right hand , makes it impossible to cancel a finger ?

I would advise you to try a different branch. Perhaps go when they are not busy.

Good luck to all.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:56 pm

fyi - page 16 onwards of the caseworker's guidance explains how fingerprints are captured (& also covers any special circumstances):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_v4_0.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks very much all the good people who replied and advised.
I received a call from HO after 2nd email and the Officer advised that he will call the Post Office and make sure that there is no problem when I go back to the post office again. So I can confirm that my Finger prints done through the same post office without any issues. In short here is again what I have to do.

Received letter to get biometrics done-
Went to post office and the counter service advised they can't proceed and advised to speak to HO
Send email on the email address given on the letter from HO -explaining my situation
Got email same day from HO asking for details of the Post office branch
Sent detail by email but no response for next two days.
Sent a 2nd email and got call from HO to revisit the same branch after 7 days.
Went back again and all processed successfully

Regards

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 pm

so annoying!! they could have just done it in the first place if it wasnt an issue AFTER HO spoke to them/ sent them a letter

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:09 pm

citizen161 wrote:Thanks very much all the good people who replied and advised.
I received a call from HO after 2nd email and the Officer advised that he will call the Post Office and make sure that there is no problem when I go back to the post office again. So I can confirm that my Finger prints done through the same post office without any issues. In short here is again what I have to do.

Received letter to get biometrics done-
Went to post office and the counter service advised they can't proceed and advised to speak to HO
Send email on the email address given on the letter from HO -explaining my situation
Got email same day from HO asking for details of the Post office branch
Sent detail by email but no response for next two days.
Sent a 2nd email and got call from HO to revisit the same branch after 7 days.
Went back again and all processed successfully

Regards
Brilliant news!

Many thanks for the update. Best of luck for final approval process. :)

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi Guys

I am back here again as Its been welll over 6 months as made application In 2nd week May 2015 and still no update on my Application. Called Home Office couple of weeks backs and HO will call me back. Recieved call after two days and another representative took my details again and advised that the cae worker will write me directly and thats now over 5 weeks now. I would be grateful if someone can advise what should to do now.

Thanks guys and best wishes for the new year.

Regards