ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check IN Service made to fill in 7.7 Section

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

citizen161
Newly Registered

Check IN Service made to fill in 7.7 Section

Post by citizen161 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Experts ,

Just wants some clarification and advise.
My Partner been exempted from KOLL requirement at the time of Indefinite Leave. Now we applied for the Citizenship and attached the recent supporting documents for Medical Practitioner and also explained on the Further information section her condition etc.
We booked the Check in service and the lady who attended us checked the application and then made a call to HO to get clarification that my partners application is complete . In short she asked my partner to fill in Section 7.7 in order to proceed the application further and advised if she doesn't fill that she would not be able to process the application.
Now Section 7.7 reads

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for
naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the
Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need
in my case to fulfil them.
Special circumstances – which requirements do you think you fail to meet

So my partner again explained her LTC and referenced the Medical Practitioners letter attached with application.

I am just wondering should she have filled that section? Would it cause any issues with his application or we should calm down and wait to see what happens.

Thanks much

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Check IN Service made to fill in 7.7 Section

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:57 pm

ues probably should have filled in and put in the box ' see attached medical letter'

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:28 pm

You should be fine. Also if the situation is the same as when your wife was exempted for ILR, the Home Office will have this on their system.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:30 am

Hi Experts

We have had some trouble with this now. As we were abroad for treatment/Holidays , Home Office sent a letter saying that they are not convinced and looking for further information on when the disease started, symptoms , how it affects to take exams and what are the chances of sitting for a test in future with out any deadline. We were away for 5 weeks and came back yesterday and recieved 2nd letter stating as we did not provided LITUK so my partners application is refused. It was a joint application and I have not heard anything about me.
My questions are
What could be done for my partners application as HO already saying its been refused. We obviously missed the HO first letter sent on 23rd October and the HO sent refusal letter on 18th November.

Secondly should I ask about my own application as I have not heard anything about mine.
Thanks much

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 am

I assume you mean you applied at the same time, as there are no 'joint applications' now. Your application will be processed separately and is likely to still be under consideration and you may not get any response until the 6 month mark has been passed. If you feel your partner's refusal was not correct and you are able to submit the evidence requested, for the fee of £80 you can submit a 'reconsideration application'.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ed-form-nr
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

citizen161
Newly Registered

Post by citizen161 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks much Casa. Six months been passed on. You think I should chase up my application.

With regard to the refusal we have had a letter from the consultant stating we are going on holiday trip where we want to get local openion from the Dr's would that be enough along the Boarding passes and prescription from the DR abroad as a reason for reconsideration.

Secondly should she get a letter from the Dr stating all the things HO asking or better attach all the historical letters for evidence.
Last thing would it be worth reply through a solicitor as We made inital application our selve through NCS.

Thanks much for your help and advice.

Regards