ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T4 to T2 b/f Receiving Results

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confusedm
Newly Registered

Switching from T4 to T2 b/f Receiving Results

Post by confusedm » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:45 am

I am a Masters student on a Tier 4 and have a job offer from a certified sponsor that I have accepted. I am done with all coursework bar the dissertation which I am due to hand on 9 Sept and my course end date on my CAS is 30 Sept. My start date for my job is set to be after my dissertation but before my course end date (mid to late Sept), but because of the way the Masters is set up I do not receive my results until November.

I had a few questions:

1) Would I be able to apply to switch to a Tier 2 under an unrestricted CoS after my dissertation is handed in, or after my course end date, but before I receive my results in November?

2) If not, can I apply using a restricted CoS (providing a RLMT is done and I am able to get one under the quota) from inside the UK?

3) If the above options are not possible, is it normal/allowed to work for a temporary contract for my employer until November using my Tier 4? Is it alright to ask my employer to do this? What does this mean for any possible travel outside the UK after my course end date (can I return?)

Thanks!

Lilu15
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from T4 to T2 b/f Receiving Results

Post by Lilu15 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi there,

I have the same situation, was offered a sponsorship by my employer and was wondering, if I can switch from my current Tier 4 to Tier 2 General, without having to leave the country and without carrying out Resident Labour Market Test? Would you, please also know if I can be sponsored for a job lower than level 6? I have a Masters degree from UK university and had previously been granted a PSW visa (valid from August 2012 to August 2014, applied for it in February 2012) Please, please, read my message.

Many thanks in advance
Lilu