ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French National wants to become BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KKD

French National wants to become BC

Post by KKD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Okay, here is my question for a mate of mine and would appreciate your input.

My mate is a french national and her father brought her to the UK when she was 14 and now 26. She did all her schooling, Uni and Masters here. She is looking into applying to become a british citizen. I don't know which route is best for her.

She mentioned her father had already applied to Home Office to approved for a PR before she was brought here.

Please me know how to advise her to proceed with any application to the home office. Also would she need to provide any evidence of health insurance in any application to the home office?

Many thanks in advance.

PrestonLancs

Re: French National wants to become BC

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:19 am

Why dont you let her investigate herself.

You dont seem to have idea. So if someone tells you something, you will understand something else, and tell her something totally different, and she might understand something uttery different. :roll:

KKD

Post by KKD » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:35 am

PrestonLancs wrote:Why dont you let her investigate herself.

You dont seem to have idea. So if someone tells you something, you will understand something else, and tell her something totally different, and she might understand something uttery different. :roll:
Seriously do you think I'm retarded or what? I appreciate your input but insulting my intelligence wasn't called for. How hard can it be for me to explain to her what has been advised on the board.

Please can anyone suggest something !

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:48 am

She probably attained PR after living continuously with her father in the UK for 5 years, as a family member of a PR holder.

See also Become a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KKD

Post by KKD » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 am

vinny wrote:She probably attained PR after living continuously with her father in the UK for 5 years, as a family member of a PR holder.

See also Become a British citizen.
Many thanks for this Vinny, I will do further enquiries and advise her appropriate, I was thinking she might need to apply for a PR in her own right before BC, but considering she was depending on her father who was an EEA then automatically she would have qualified for PR.

Final question though, if such is the case can she then go ahead with the BC application, obviously after LIUK and engine language test.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:40 am

PrestonLancs wrote:Why dont you let her investigate herself.

PrestonLancs We should be aware that if members don't feel welcome to post, the forum will cease to exist. Members are able to post on behalf of a friend (who may not have proficient English to post for themselves or have access to the internet). We just ask that members let the forum know that the question is for someone else.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:42 am

KKD wrote:...

Final question though, if such is the case can she then go ahead with the BC application, obviously after LIUK and engine language test.

Thanks
EEA nationals who are not married to a British spouse need to have been free of immigration time restrictions for at least 12-months.
For EEA, this is usually met by 5 years of PR + 12 months more before a successful application can be made.
In this case this (10 years or so in UK) the rule should be easily satisfied.

As well as the 'engine' test (KOLL) there are various specific rules about "good character", limits on absences from UK & a critical need to be present in UK on a specific date x years before application date.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2015.pdf

Bon chance.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

KKD

Post by KKD » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 am

noajthan wrote:
KKD wrote:...

Thanks
EEA nationals who are not married to a British spouse need to have been free of immigration time restrictions for at least 12-months.
For EEA, this is usually met by 5 years of PR + 12 months more before a successful application can be made.
In this case this (10 years or so in UK) the rule should be easily satisfied.

As well as the 'engine' test (KOLL) there are various specific rules about "good character", limits on absences from UK & a critical need to be present in UK on a specific date x years before application date.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2015.pdf

Bon chance.
Hahaha can you imagine if we were all asked to do an "engine" test. You can't really trust these smart phones and their auto correct options these days. Many thanks to you all. I will ask her to proceed with the application when LIUK and English language rests are completed. One little tiny question again, she wouldn't be refused on the fact that she did not have EEA health insurance as I read on some post.

Thanks guys....