ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territ

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr Kirk

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territ

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:26 am

Regarding the following question.

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years?

We traveled to Malaysia which is a Commonwealth Country. My wife never been issued a Visa to UK should we answer YES to this question.

Kind Regards

Mr Kirk

Re: Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Te

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:43 am

On the stamp in my passport to Malaysia it says VISIT pass. Permitted to enter and remain in Malaysia for 90 days on social visit only from the date shown above.

I am not sure if this is considered a visa or not?

Many thanks

Mr Kirk

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:08 am

My wife passport is Sudanese and my passport is British. And she was issued the Visa on arrival.

Mr Kirk

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Because it says a VISIT pass, it might not be considered a Visa. I already submitted my form online and the appointment is next Sunday. I have answered yes, it seems that I need to answer NO how can I fix this? Can I fix the form manually that I printed and add a note about it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Add a written note to the form (you are permitted to do this), explaining the visitor entry into Malaysia. It won't adversely affect the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mr Kirk

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Thank you Casa.

Do I scrap the YES answer by pen and cross out the Malaysia entry and then write NO and explain that I thought that Social pass is considered a VISA.

Will this be okay?

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:13 pm

No don't cross out the Yes. I suggest your wife writes a note (as the applicant):

"I was issued with a visitor pass on entry to Malaysia and am unsure whether this would be considered to be a visa, so I have answered Yes in the application"

You can of course write it for her if she would find that easier, but it must be written as if from her (as above).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mr Kirk

Post by Mr Kirk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Thank you Casa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:16 pm

You're welcome. I added an edit to my post. See the last line re who writes the note.
(Casa, not CR001)