ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khan1980

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:Dear Brother Khan1980
you dont need to worry about your visa. InshAllah everything will be fine. me and you are on same boat even though i applied earlier than you. I applied on 5th March 2015 and bio on 2nd April 2015 after that no news yet. I spend time under EEA regulation aslso. I had 5 years resident card of EEA national which is going to expire on 20 August 2015 but my 10 years completed on 1st April 2015. I think time spend under EEA family members applications take bit long to decide :roll: :roll: because my solicitor said people used to win this type of cases in court that time spent under EEA family member are countable towards 10 years lawful residency. So home office consider court judgements thats why it takes long to decide. I might be wrong but this what i heard.

Khan1980 wrote:
amazing grace wrote:It's my time to share the great news !

I received my BRP Friday 3 July and I am waiting for my docs back.

I received 3 emails from HO, 1 confirmation of receiving application and 2 still under consideration.

Thanks you all and good luck for all of you !

Please update my timeline .

Congrats on ur Approval , really happy to hear that.
would u share that when did you receive 3rd Email , I received 3rd Email on 22/06/15 and still waiting.
My Bio was enrolled just one day after you enrolled i.e 25/05/15
And have you provided prepaid envelop , If Yes the did you track it before u received your BRP?

Regards
Khan
Thanks Waqasansaar...
But U know I have seen people on forum who got their ILR within 3 months and one who her ILR in 6 months in the same category but you its just the wait is killing.
I wish I could use PEO service if I knew the rule is coming soon. But anyway U don't worry too , hopefully we will all get approvals soon.

Regards
Khan

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Waqasansaar wrote:Dear Brother Khan1980
you dont need to worry about your visa. InshAllah everything will be fine. me and you are on same boat even though i applied earlier than you. I applied on 5th March 2015 and bio on 2nd April 2015 after that no news yet. I spend time under EEA regulation aslso. I had 5 years resident card of EEA national which is going to expire on 20 August 2015 but my 10 years completed on 1st April 2015. I think time spend under EEA family members applications take bit long to decide :roll: :roll: because my solicitor said people used to win this type of cases in court that time spent under EEA family member are countable towards 10 years lawful residency. So home office consider court judgements thats why it takes long to decide. I might be wrong but this what i heard.

Regards
Khan
[/quote]
Thanks Waqasansaar...
But U know I have seen people on forum who got their ILR within 3 months and one who her ILR in 6 months in the same category but you its just the wait is killing.
I wish I could use PEO service if I knew the rule is coming soon. But anyway U don't worry too , hopefully we will all get approvals soon.

Regards
Khan[/quote]

Same here dear Brother Khan. If i knew rules are changing i would love to go to premium service but i applied one month earlier before rules changed. i spoke to solicitor and said if i withdraw my application and go to premium service but he said its not good idea at all. its been four months already so better to wait and he said if he said if home office have any query they normally write within 3 months. so better to wait.

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: need gurus help please

Post by Babui » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi to all I will be grateful if any one please share your knowledge and experience on my scenario.

I first entered in the UK on 17 October 2005 on a student visa and periodically extended until April 2012 within due time did MBA after that tier 1 PSW till August 2014 then switch tier 2 got visa August 2017 but unfortunately my sponsor license get revoked March 2015 and I got curtailment letter to find another sponsor end 30 August 2015 so 48 days sort for qualify 10 years but I can apply 28 days early so literally have 20 days sort

So what I will do apply FLR (FP) then after 20 days vary my application to SET(LR)

My wife join me on August 2009 ( 6 years) as my dependent
My baby born here May 2012 ( 3+ years) start going school

As I am out of job I don't have maintenance required for dependents
My question
What options do I have for my dependents
1. My wife apply separate FLR(FP) then after my ILR done apply for DLR for settled person
And I will hide my son when got ILR register MN1

Thanks in advance..
Babui
Newly Registered

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: need gurus help please

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Babui wrote:Hi to all I will be grateful if any one please share your knowledge and experience on my scenario.

I first entered in the UK on 17 October 2005 on a student visa and periodically extended until April 2012 within due time did MBA after that tier 1 PSW till August 2014 then switch tier 2 got visa August 2017 but unfortunately my sponsor license get revoked March 2015 and I got curtailment letter to find another sponsor end 30 August 2015 so 48 days sort for qualify 10 years but I can apply 28 days early so literally have 20 days sort

So what I will do apply FLR (FP) then after 20 days vary my application to SET(LR)

My question
1. My wife apply separate FLR(FP) then after my ILR done apply for DLR for settled person

Thanks in advance..
Babui
Newly Registered
Hi Babui and welcome on this forum.

Yes u can apply flr fp and vary it to set lr once u eligible for Ilr (10 years long residency). Done forget to write a cover letter with set lr and tell them your circumstances and that u want to vary the flr fp application to set lr, and request them to refund your flr fp fees. U need to pay full set lr fees.

Hope every thing goes well
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Babui » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am

Zee ali wrote:
Babui wrote:Hi to all I will be grateful if any one please share your knowledge and experience on my scenario.

My question

Thanks in advance..
Babui
Newly Registered

Yes u can apply flr fp and vary it to set lr once u eligible for Ilr (10 years long residency). Done forget to write a cover letter with set lr and tell them your circumstances and that u want to vary the flr fp application to set lr, and request them to refund your flr fp fees. U need to pay full set lr fees.

Thank you zee Ali for your kind reply
Actually I am worried about my dependents as I am confuse which way I can make my wife stay legally when my application pending for approval
Thank you again

iHope

Post by iHope » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 am

Good morning everybody!
I need help to fill up my wife,s SET LR form. She has got trinity college B1 certificate which was passed after 6th April 2015. Now on application form in Section 3.5, it requires SELT unique reference number but on certificate itself there three different numbers 1-qualification numer. 2-trinity ID. and 3-Candidate number. But none of them specify as unique electronic reference number. She has got another reference number beginning with TLC sent by Trinity College at time of booking the test. Can anyone PLEASE tell me which numer to quote in Section 3.5 because I cannot find this information anywhere.
We will really appreciate the help. God bless you all.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 am

Babui wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

My question

Thanks in advance..
Babui
Newly Registered

Thank you zee Ali for your kind reply
Actually I am worried about my dependents as I am confuse which way I can make my wife stay legally when my application pending for approval
Thank you again
For your wife Apply flr fp under (partner route 10 years) and request them to hold it until they decide your set lr application first. Than its in the HO hands to hold it or not and after your ILR grant it or not.

My Mrs case is still pending. i applied flr m for her when i put my set lr. and request them to hold her flr m application but HO refused to hold it and didn't accept flr m as sponror (myself) not yet settled. They acknowledged that sponsor ILR application is pending but he is not settled at the moment and send us flr fp to filled in. Which we did.

Now i got my ILR last month and her application is still pending.

For kids u can use MN1 form once u get your ILR. Like i did for my kids. Their MN1 also pending which i applied last week.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

amazing grace
Newly Registered

Post by amazing grace » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Khan,

Please don't be panic, I receive my 2nd email at 22/05 and 3rd mail at 22/06 , same with you.

I did not provide prepaid envelop, so honestly i did not expect I can recevie my BPR this week.

my case is quite straight forward: student + psw + T2, no gap, no over stay.

Hopefully this is useful

[/quote]
Congrats on ur Approval , really happy to hear that.
would u share that when did you receive 3rd Email , I received 3rd Email on 22/06/15 and still waiting.
My Bio was enrolled just one day after you enrolled i.e 25/05/15
And have you provided prepaid envelop , If Yes the did you track it before u received your BRP?

Regards
Khan[/quote]

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:22 pm

[quote="amazing grace"]Hi Khan,

Please don't be panic, I receive my 2nd email at 22/05 and 3rd mail at 22/06 , same with you.

I did not provide prepaid envelop, so honestly i did not expect I can recevie my BPR this week.

my case is quite straight forward: student + psw + T2, no gap, no over stay.

Hopefully this is useful

Thanks Amazing Grace...
Yes , it's the same as urs , my case is also straight forward but slightly different route , I hope I will have some good news in this month. Hope for the best. Actually I wanted to travel in August and was hoping for my approval before that but let's see.

Regards
Khan

Babui
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Babui » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks again zee Ali you are a star for me may Allah will fulfil your desire

Zee ali wrote:
Babui wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

For your wife Apply flr fp under (partner route 10 years) and request them to hold it until they decide your set lr application first. Than its in the HO hands to hold it or not and after your ILR grant it or not.

My Mrs case is still pending. i applied flr m for her when i put my set lr. and request them to hold her flr m application but HO refused to hold it and didn't accept flr m as sponror (myself) not yet settled. They acknowledged that sponsor ILR application is pending but he is not settled at the moment and send us flr fp to filled in. Which we did.

Now i got my ILR last month and her application is still pending.

For kids u can use MN1 form once u get your ILR. Like i did for my kids. Their MN1 also pending which i applied last week.

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 am

HI EVERYBODY
HOPE EVERYBODY IS FINE AND DOING WELL
I M REALLY GRATEFUL TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM FOR SHARING THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.
I HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK . IS HOME OFFICE TAKING LONG TIME NOW A DAYS TO PROCESS SET LR , I MEAN R THEY TAKING MORE THAN 4 MONTHS TO PROCESS SET LR?
AND
WHAT ABOUT NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER .. DO THEY REALLY CHECK N.I ON SET LR APPLICATION. I HEARD NORMALLY H.O DOESNT CHECK N.I NUMBER ON SET LR APPLICATION.

INSHAALLAH EVERYBODY WILL GO THROUGH SUCCESSFULLY. .
Thanks ..

dream40

Post by dream40 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi all Good news are here
about my wife ILR
Date application 04/04/2015
Biometric 02/05/2015
Decision 02/07/15
Document / BRP TODAY 06/07/15
Simple and straightforward case never visas issues all ten years dependent on me
Best of luck for friends waiting for ilr
Dreams 40

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:55 pm

dream40 wrote:Hi all Good news are here
about my wife ILR
Biometric 02/05/2015
Decision 02/07/15
Simple and straightforward case never visas issues all ten years dependent on me
Dreams 40
Wow! Wow! WOW!!!!! Congrats Dream 40- the waiting is done! Also congrats to Amazing grace and Sara for the recent approvals. You can now move on with your lives.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:56 pm

about my wife ILR
Biometric 02/05/2015
Decision 02/07/15
Dreams 40
Congrats Dream40. All of u now settled.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm

linmkhan wrote:HI EVERYBODY
I M REALLY GRATEFUL TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM FOR SHARING THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.
I HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK . IS HOME OFFICE TAKING LONG TIME NOW A DAYS TO PROCESS SET LR , I MEAN R THEY TAKING MORE THAN 4 MONTHS TO PROCESS SET LR?
AND
WHAT ABOUT NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER .. DO THEY REALLY CHECK N.I ON SET LR APPLICATION. I HEARD NORMALLY H.O DOESNT CHECK N.I NUMBER ON SET LR APPLICATION.

Thanks ..
please dont use capital words. Hard to read your post and equal to shouting.

As u were told before your issue is late appeal withdrawal. Hope u get your ILR soon without any problem.

@Khan1980

bro if u see the timeline most the us got approval even sara who applied in feb got her ILR.

Your's is round the corner. Dont worry sit tight and i hope u will be the next one to share good news.

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 pm

[quote="Mysterymeow"]Hi guys!
Good news - received my indefinite leave to remain yesterday :D :D . It was delivered in a plastic envelope second class signed for. Letter dated 17 June. My degree was in there and it was all creased sadly. But sweet, sweet joy! So relieved. Here's hoping for a ton more approvals this week. Thanks for all your guidance! Xx would someone kindly update my info on the spreadsheet.[/quote]
Hi all, I still have not received biometric card. Does it usually take this long?

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Zee ali wrote:
AND

Thanks ..

As u were told before your issue is late appeal withdrawal. Hope u get your ILR soon without any problem.

@Khan1980

bro if u see the timeline most the us got approval even sara who applied in feb got her ILR.

Your's is round the corner. Dont worry sit tight and i hope u will be the next one to share good news.
I agree with your comment Zee Ali. Well said!

@linmkhan, HO will check all the information on the application form and supporting documents that we provide them. If they are not satisfied with any information provided they will request supporting information from external agencies to verify or for authenticity etc. Any caseworker will embark on such a detailed investigation if s/he suspects or is in doubt of something. For example, if tax/NI figures show or point to the fact that you might have violated the immigration law on basis of working more than 20 hours. It will be investigated and I guess HM Revenue and Customs and whoever you work for will get involved. If found quilt, that would consist an immigration offence that would be costly. Like any other job it is difficult to monitor or operate much to detail unless out of desperation or for promotion. In other words caseworkers will only be interested in the requirements needed for approval as stated on their checklist e.g. for absences, LIUK, appeals etc! I have seen such a checklist on the internet that caseworkers use for approvals or rejections- if interested google it!

But just as I said to you before, always avoid "shooting yourself in the foot" or raising unnecessary alarm. This is one important lesson I have learnt myself in this country LOL!

Lets just wait patiently and thank God for life.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Mysterymeow wrote:
Mysterymeow wrote:Hi guys!
Good news - received my indefinite leave to remain yesterday :D :D . It was delivered in a plastic envelope second class signed for. Letter dated 17 June. My degree was in there and it was all creased sadly. But sweet, sweet joy! So relieved. Here's hoping for a ton more approvals this week. Thanks for all your guidance! Xx would someone kindly update my info on the spreadsheet.
Hi all, I still have not received biometric card. Does it usually take this long?
Did u receive your documents with approval letter?

if yes than read the approval letter carefully. They said in the letter that if u do not receive your BRP card within 10 working days of the date of this letter u need to email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number and a contact telephone number.

Hope this helps

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:30 pm

I am sharing this court decision link for people who withdrew their appeal and apply new visa same day or apply new visa first and later withdrew their appeal.

Just to give u guys idea where u stand and be prepare for the possible outcome.

Every case is unique and outcome can be different. Wish u best of luck. Hope u hear your good news soon.

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 5-ukut-273

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Guys, I am applying for my wife' and Children's variation of leave from T2 Dependent to FLRM now (As i have got ILR under 10 Yr Rules), my query is my wife has to pass A1 test for english language requirement, what happens with my kid who is less then 2 Years Old ??

The guidance (As usual) are very unhelpful and only exempts people over 65 with some other exemptions, but it nowhere says anything about a toddler .... Not sure, explaing this in a covering letter would suffice ???

Also, We moved to the new address 4 months ago, since then we have rental agreement, bills on a combined name but also have bank statements on individual names,, The issue is that i havent got much documents on my wife name (Apart from 2-3 letters that i have found sent to us by the UKBA and NHS.. I know that this does not meet the number of documents required by the Home Office... ANy idea what shall we do or write in a covering letter ??

There are two reasons for not having many letters on her name ... 1 - She never worked since she came to the uK in 2012 and 2 we shredded most of the documents when we moved from our old house to the new one.. Even we had a lot of correspondence from NHS on my wife;s name when our first child was born but i am unable to find it anywhere...

Any ideas from you guys will be highly appreciated..

TA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Applicants under 18 years of age DO NOT have to meet the English language requirement. It is only applicable to applicants between 18 and 64/65.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:38 pm

CR001 wrote:Applicants under 18 years of age DO NOT have to meet the English language requirement. It is only applicable to applicants between 18 and 64/65.
Thanks Mate, i thought so... how about providing evidence for 2 years bills - any clue ?

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:58 pm

about my wife ILR
Biometric 02/05/2015
Decision 02/07/15
Dreams 40
Great News and congrats dream40 and happy for your approval

U are all sorted now.

Regards
Khan

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Zee ali wrote:
AND

Thanks ..

@Khan1980

Thanks alot Zee Ali..
u are really helpful and encouraging person.
Yes I saw Sara approval and all of those who sent applications in the same period. Hopefully I will have some good news to share aswell soon. Lets hope for the best.
Regards
Khan

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:33 am

Zee ali wrote:
meet2mustafiz wrote:Brother zee Ali,
I have spoke to 2 barrister and solicitor regarding this issue.all of them said If we able to provide evidences that we notify tribunal about the changes before hearing then I will be safe by law, my further suffering depend on case worker who will deal with my ILR application.
one of my closed friend got ILR recently who was deported to Bangladesh for 2 years with out country appeal right.end of the day he won and back UK.when his 10 year completed he apply for ILR.Home office counted 10 years including those 2 years while he was in Bangladesh.
If we able to provide evidences that it wasn't our fault -end of day we applicants will win
Where u gonna provide the evidences? Sitting next to the caseworker in PEO?

Try your luck man. Hope u get the good news

Share with us whatever the outcome is
Brother Zee Ali,
After getting ILR, hope you are having a very good time.
Brother I changed my solicitor and my address before hearing and notify tribunal on time,we have the evidence.So,according to Tribunal regulation they sent determination in to wrong address,please check the link I provided https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -rules.pdf.for this reason I don't have and gap during appeal process.But home office don't know all about,that why I worry
according to Tribunal rules :
Representatives
—(1) A party may be represented by any person not p
rohibited from representing by section
84 of the 1999 Act.
(2)
Where a party is or has been represented by a perso
n prohibited from representing by section
84 of the 1999 Act, that does not of itself render
void the proceedings or any step taken in the
proceedings.
(3)
If a party appoints a representative, that party (o
r the representative if the representative is a
qualified representative) must send or deliver to t
he Tribunal written notice of the representative’s
name and address, which may be done at a hearing.

(4)
Anything permitted or required to be done by a part
y under these Rules, a practice direction or
a direction may be done by the representative of th
at party, except signing a witness statement.
(5)
A person who receives notice of the appointment of
a representative—

(a)
must provide to the representative any document whi
ch is required to be provided to the
represented party, and need not provide that docume
nt to the represented party; and
(b)
may assume that the representative is and remains a
uthorised as such until they receive
written notification that this is not so from the r
epresentative or the represented party.
(6)
As from the date on which a person has notified the
Tribunal that they are acting as the
representative of an appellant and has given an add
ress for service, if any document is provided to
the appellant a copy must also at the same time be
provided to the appellant’s representative.

I know my case is very complicated and I won't go to PEO,

I agree with you and my plan is same as you advised,I need to keep my working right.I will add an additional ground if I get permission to go UT.but my solicitor said most probably I won't get chance to go there.So,I might need to make ILR application when all appeal right exhaust .
thanks for your time,your advice is very helpful.