ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Licenses Offences LC20

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hyclassic
Newly Registered

Licenses Offences LC20

Post by hyclassic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:11 am

Dear Forum

I was driving my car on international driving permit (also had UK provisional License) in 2008, I met an accident on motorway where I hit the side fence, Police came on its own and help me to take my car out from fence, and they checked my details, I had insurance mot road tax etc all fine but regarding driving license they said is not valid and they told me international driving permit is valid only for the first year when you come to UK very first time, but I did not know about this but was under the impression that if you go back your home country and get the international driving permit then its valid again for a year in UK. But police did not accept this.

Police confiscated my car, and told me that I should ask someone who is got right license should get my car released by paying the appropriate fine, police also told that they will fine me and give me points on my provisional license. After about six months they sent me a letter asking me to pay the fine but I had changed my address, so i did not receive the letter. One day I was passing by my old address so i collected my post, I found a court summons on my name, they were saying you have failed to pay the fine and surrender your license for us to give you points, so you have to come in the court now.

I contacted the court and explain to them the whole situations, they said If you plead guilty by post and pay the fine and give us your provisional license then you dont need to come in the court and we will drop the case. So i paid the fine and got three points on my license, The offence code they put on my license was LC20 (Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence).

Now in this snario, Do you think if I apply for naturalization then will get it?

and If I apply then Do I need to mention this somewhere if so where?

your prompt response will be highly appreciated

PrestonLancs

Re: Licenses Offences LC20

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 am

Yes, you need to declare it.

You had a conviction in court, so mention it in convictions.

Your application will not be refused due to this.

If you do not declare, and HO finds out, they will refuse your application and ban you from naturalisation for next ten years.

hyclassic
Newly Registered

Post by hyclassic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am

PrestonLancs wrote:Yes, you need to declare it.

You had a conviction in court, so mention it in convictions.

Your application will not be refused due to this.

If you do not declare, and HO finds out, they will refuse your application and ban you from naturalisation for next ten years.
Hi

I never went to court, they had asked me to plead guilty by post, pay the origional fine and get 3 points on license, then i did not need to go to court.

I never thought that this is a convictions so I have never declared this in any of my previous applications (Tier 1 general, extension, ILR etc) to HO.

If I declare it now, won't they say why didn't I declare this in my previous applications and call it a deception or something

Also to add up, I have recently received enhanced disclosure DBS, it does not show anything there

Seniors plz

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Please click here and have a read through, specially from Q1 to Q8.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.