ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:28 am

lishah121 wrote:Is anyone or does anyone know of someone who is going to be submitting their paperwork according to the new rule change from tomorrow?

What do u think will happen if anyone submits paperwork in Pakistan for a spouse visa?
The bhc would forward any documents sent to Islamabad onwards to sheffield as for the VAC they would advise they no longer accept documents other than passport
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 am

sajjaduk wrote:
lishah121 wrote:Is anyone or does anyone know of someone who is going to be submitting their paperwork according to the new rule change from tomorrow?

What do u think will happen if anyone submits paperwork in Pakistan for a spouse visa?
The bhc would forward any documents sent to Islamabad onwards to sheffield as for the VAC they would advise they no longer accept documents other than passport
Thanks.

On the website it does say:

'There will be a small transition period after the change, so if your sponsor sends the documents to Islamabad during this time they will be forward on to Sheffield.'

But dey should have made clear how long this transition period will be for.. e.g.1 week, 1 month.. It's not very clear.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 am

By such it means sending via post to Islamabad
gerrys would no longer accept the bundle in most instances
The transition period last roughly for a couple of weeks in most settings

lishah121 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

Thanks.

On the website it does say:

'There will be a small transition period after the change, so if your sponsor sends the documents to Islamabad during this time they will be forward on to Sheffield.'

But dey should have made clear how long this transition period will be for.. e.g.1 week, 1 month.. It's not very clear.
Last edited by sajjaduk on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 am

Bro I say youget in touch with immigration immediately and asky how you can send those documents or give them that evidence
make scans of it I reckon just in case lost in postbut look if they reject you because of this youwill maybe have toappeal if they give u appeal rights that's 6 months wait....instead if you can deal with the issue now deal with it people have been known to give documents. After sending case off just write refence number to attach documentation with etc

I had mine rejected over something silly don't give ur self the chance minimize ur risk and reliance on assumptions

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:53 am

just2cool wrote:Bro I say youget in touch with immigration immediately and asky how you can send those documents or give them that evidence
make scans of it I reckon just in case lost in postbut look if they reject you because of this youwill maybe have toappeal if they give u appeal rights that's 6 months wait....instead if you can deal with the issue now deal with it people have been known to give documents. After sending case off just write refence number to attach documentation with etc

I had mine rejected over something silly don't give ur self the chance minimize ur risk and reliance on assumptions
I did call up UKVI they told me the applicants documents can be submitted in Pak but the sponsers need to be posted.

But on the website it says all documents must be submitted here in the UK.

Which is why I am so confused..

The only think dat will resolve it is a real life situation when someone actually goes for their biometrics in Pak & they get told u can or cannot submit ur part of the paperwork in Pak & dat u have to send to the UK.

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:54 am

I did make 3 errors with my application
1, I put a pay slip dated after online date
2. Our nikkah was simple
3, bank statements where 6 days short of 6
Months but showed every pay going in

Marriage cert was translated[/quote]

There is nothing more powerful than dua
Just keep faith aand use upcoming Ramadan to remember Allah swt as much as possible and In Shaa Allah the outcome will be positive[/quote]
R these big mistakes I have made ?[/quote]

It's all down to the discretion of the ECO
I wouldn't be able to say alot more myself as there have been cases where the visa has been granted and some not
Don't be disheartened as you have covered most so it's just how the eco interprets everything as sometimes people provide so much and still are refused.

I wouldn't say they are major mistakes no[/quote]

don't risk it if u can fix issue now .. contact them immigration people and explain ur situation and why its detrimental for you to give documentation other people have done it so why cant you

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm

just2cool wrote:I did make 3 errors with my application
1, I put a pay slip dated after online date
2. Our nikkah was simple
3, bank statements where 6 days short of 6
Months but showed every pay going in

Marriage cert was translated

U mean a pay slip dated after ur online application has been submitted will count against you?

& is says marriage certificate was translated, isn't that something they ask for? That it should be translated.

Thanks

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Can you change ur Biometrics date after you have submitted ur online application, or is it that date u choose at the time of submission u have to attend & no changed allowed?

Thanks

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 pm

lishah121 wrote:Can you change ur Biometrics date after you have submitted ur online application, or is it that date u choose at the time of submission u have to attend & no changed allowed?

Thanks
You can change you biometrics appointment anytime up till 24 hours before the appointment
Just remember when you change it to print out the confirmation page of the appointment as will be needed when attending appointment

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
lishah121 wrote:Can you change ur Biometrics date after you have submitted ur online application, or is it that date u choose at the time of submission u have to attend & no changed allowed?

Thanks
You can change you biometrics appointment anytime up till 24 hours before the appointment
Just remember when you change it to print out the confirmation page of the appointment as will be needed when attending appointment
Thank u.

Can u submit ur paperwork after ur spouse has their biometric appt? Or do u have to submit or with the new change post the paperwork out & then have the bio appt?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:32 pm

I think is probably likely that if you book an appointment by the 5th July, then they will allow you to send the papers to Gerrys but after that you will have to send them to Sheffield.

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:40 pm

just2cool wrote:Bro I say youget in touch with immigration immediately and asky how you can send those documents or give them that evidence

Yes best to send the additional paperwork and at least if you have to go to appeal you can say that you sent all the paperwork and the ECO did not consider it. If you speak to them they will probably say that you cannot send further documents unless the ECO requests additional documents, but if you have sent them then they should consider them unless you would get refused anyway for something else.

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:06 pm

How difficult is it to do the onlin application for a spouse visa? How long will it take to fill it in?

Thanks

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:28 pm

lishah121 wrote:How difficult is it to do the onlin application for a spouse visa? How long will it take to fill it in?

Thanks

Register and start the application, it can be deleted as well. Start practicing now this way you'll know what details are required and can prepare accordingly.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

1st time always takes long so aprox 30min-1 hours. If your doing it again it takes 10min.

talha khalid

Post by talha khalid » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:56 pm

[quote="stillwaiting123"][quote="talha khalid"]Message and email received ready for collection

Will collect on monday as due to ramazan timing is till 1pm on Friday.[/quote]

What's your timline??[/quote]

applied on 10th april at lahore vac
got processed email on 02nd july and ready for collection on 03rd july

pick up arranged tomorrow will let you know the outcome inshaa ALLAH

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:04 pm

talha khalid wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:
talha khalid wrote:Message and email received ready for collection

Will collect on monday as due to ramazan timing is till 1pm on Friday.
What's your timline??
applied on 10th april at lahore vac
got processed email on 02nd july and ready for collection on 03rd july

pick up arranged tomorrow will let you know the outcome inshaa ALLAH
Best of luck! :)

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:33 pm

What should I do if applying now and housing tenancy agreement expires midway august.
Submit papers as is or landlord letter confirming roll on contract...?

Regards

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:22 pm

alivis2015 wrote:What should I do if applying now and housing tenancy agreement expires midway august.
Submit papers as is or landlord letter confirming roll on contract...?

Regards
You have to send a copy of tenancy agreement if renting!!
They would reject as they require a minimum 6 months to be left on a tenancy agreement and it must be extendable ...
The letter from landlord needs to state rent ... when the current contract starts and when it will end ... if all bills are inclusive ... their contact details and that they are happy for your partner to live with you at the address and that there is adequate space which meets the requirment and there shall be no overcrowding caused
If possible extend contract before submitting paperwork

alivis2015

Post by alivis2015 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 pm

[/quote]You have to send a copy of tenancy agreement if renting!!
They would reject as they require a minimum 6 months to be left on a tenancy agreement and it must be extendable ...
The letter from landlord needs to state rent ... when the current contract starts and when it will end ... if all bills are inclusive ... their contact details and that they are happy for your partner to live with you at the address and that there is adequate space which meets the requirment and there shall be no overcrowding caused
If possible extend contract before submitting paperwork[/quote]

WIll the letter from landlord confirming the extension for the period of 1 year from august be sufficient or defo get a new housing agreement.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:31 pm

alivis2015 wrote:
You have to send a copy of tenancy agreement if renting!!
If possible extend contract before submitting paperwork[/quote]

WIll the letter from landlord confirming the extension for the period of 1 year from august be sufficient or defo get a new housing agreement.[/quote]

That all depends on the eco .. though a letter from a landlord will show that long term accommodation will be there the rules actually do expect to show a current tenancy with atleast 6 months remaining to show adequate accommodation is in place so if it can be done extend ... it's so you can have the peace of mind knowing that an issue with accommodation would not come up

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 pm

hi is there anyway i can change my wife dob on her nadra card/passport shes 18 but her dob is wrong so is there any way i can change?

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Asad1232009 wrote:hi is there anyway i can change my wife dob on her nadra card/passport shes 18 but her dob is wrong so is there any way i can change?
Is her d.o.b correct on her b-form (pakistani birth certificate)??
If so then it can be used to make ammendments but overall this will take abit of time as first you need to change nadra then once you get the card then change passport .... knowing pakistan they make life miserable ...
Is it a major mistake or something you can adjust with ? If both legal docs are using that d.o.b then it may aswell stay such

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:04 am

it was wrong on her b form after we was told that we could not change due to alot of people doing fraud so i made her nadra card and now her passport both have the same date i guess i have to wait till next year? i cant bearit the only thing from stopping us appllying is her age on her id card passport

S.y.h

Post by S.y.h » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 am

New week, new hope! Prayers that we all get our visas before eid, hopefully within the next couple of days. Please stay in touch so we know what date they're on.. 14th April here!

S.y.h

Post by S.y.h » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:12 am

I emailed them for an update and this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that the application
has been processed and it should be with you in the next few days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery"

I haven't received any other email or message. How long do u guys think it will be after this... I want to book my flights! And please pray it's a positive decision! So stressed!