ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New AN Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

New AN Form

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 am

Hi everybody,

UKVI published new AN form. In the new form there is a section asking employment in the last 10 years in the UK! I dont know what is the reason for this question and what does it have to do with naturalization application? I hardly can remember my employment in 6 years ago and also I was unemployed for periods of time.

What should be put on in such cases?

Thank you

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: New AN Form

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 am

That form was released a month ago.

In terms of employment you should contact HMRC and ask them to tell u details over the phone and u write it fown, or ask them to send u in writing all the details of previous employments...

The reason for this is to assess good character. there are many people who have been working illegally, or working more hours than permitted and subsequently they are likely to be refused as it is not ' good character '

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Again it is just kind of hassle for applicants. Caseworker could contact HMRC himself. They charge over £1,000 and do not bother themselves to give a call?

And what if I did not work for periods of time? It is sign of a bad character?

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Yes its a hassle but citizenship is a priviledge and not a right. I dont particularly think its a hassle when it would take an hour maximum on the phone for them to tell u the dates n places of employment.

Being unemployed is not a sign of bad character because employment is not a requirement to become a british citizen.

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Would HMRC be able to confirm no of hours worked and hourly rate?? Also I doubt that they can provide start date and end date of employment as the only information I can see related to date is the P60 for Tax years.

Lets take an example from above if a person is hired by an recuritment agency under their payroll but the agency is based in Glasgow but the location of the client office was in Birmingham. Now after 1 year that person is given full time contract ( No changes to role and designation) and brought in by HR of the company based in Birmingham. So can the start date and end date will be confirmed in this case.
As far as I can read from above the P60s for both senarios will have Glasgow address as an employer address for the first year and Brimingham address for the second year.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:28 pm

averagejoe wrote:Yes its a hassle but citizenship is a priviledge and not a right. I dont particularly think its a hassle when it would take an hour maximum on the phone for them to tell u the dates n places of employment.

Being unemployed is not a sign of bad character because employment is not a requirement to become a british citizen.
please dont repeat what Theresa May and UKVI say every day. after years of paying huge taxes and application fees which are a fortune, it is their duty to check and not us to call those irresponsible public bodies! Yes it is a right after all of these difficulties and taxes. It is a hassle when you are a professional and you have to waste your valuable time to call HMRC or any of those old fashioned organizations. UKVI has access to all of those information and just try to show they are cracking immigration!

Moreover, please dont forget that this application form is not mandatory under immigration rules. It is not a visa or leave application.

I cannot understand why some users underestimates themselves so badly and just try to justify unacceptable behaviour of UKVI. We are not here begging for their passport and they should learn to offer high value service with this crazy application fees.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm

ok so dont fill it in then, its totally up to you.
They MAY send you a letter requesting for this information later on which May delay your application but on the other side, they may not ask for it. good luck :)

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:38 pm

i certainly fill those fields but I cannot understand why someone thinks that UKVI is the almighty correct and can do anything? Being forced to do something irrational is different from saying something is fine and reasonable. UKVI can check all these information, you can see many issues regarding their application forms which are too long and complex.

I still cannot understand what my 10 years employment history has anything to do with good character? I was on Tier 1 General and I had the right to work from day 1 in this country. If I had any issue regarding Tax payment why they did not catch me at ILR stage? You see, these points show we are dealing with a bunch of old fashioned public servant who are wasting our taxes and application fees. They could make the forms online and adapt it according to our categories, length of stay and other parameters. I am sure they dont know how to send a proper email yet alone to design such forms.

And finally why 10 years when most categories are eligible in 6 years? Is it a sign they are going to increase the residency requirement to 10 years?

KKD

Post by KKD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 pm

samira_uk wrote:i certainly fill those fields but I cannot understand why someone thinks that UKVI is the almighty correct and can do anything? Being forced to do something irrational is different from saying something is fine and reasonable. UKVI can check all these information, you can see many issues regarding their application forms which are too long and complex.

I still cannot understand what my 10 years employment history has anything to do with good character? I was on Tier 1 General and I had the right to work from day 1 in this country. If I had any issue regarding Tax payment why they did not catch me at ILR stage? You see, these points show we are dealing with a bunch of old fashioned public servant who are wasting our taxes and application fees. They could make the forms online and adapt it according to our categories, length of stay and other parameters. I am sure they dont know how to send a proper email yet alone to design such forms.

And finally why 10 years when most categories are eligible in 6 years? Is it a sign they are going to increase the residency requirement to 10 years?
Finally someone who shares the same view as i do, i hate to see how people think the UKVI is the all in all. They are irresponsible, rude and arrogant and i just hate to be on the phone with any of these public officials because they just irritate me to a certain degree.

I always say, if they had a magic button they wouldn't be asking these backwards questions and until such time where they can be seen as more efficient in what they do and have a better application system in place, i wouldn't bother giving them information that is not relevant to my application. They are absolutely... (you can choose your word for them).

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Samira yeah it looks like they will change he residency period to 10 years.... along with credit checks in the pipeline too....

jasonyu1983
Newly Registered

Post by jasonyu1983 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 am

I know, but we can't do much toward Home Office until the day we become British. :D

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 pm

I just realised I might have used a wrong (AN) form. I should be using form April/15 for my time of application, but instead I used March/15 form (completely my mistake taking 1.5 month to complete a form and able to book an appointment, and not realising there was an update during April).
Although they appear to be in the same version (says 04/15), does it matter?

Re: employment history.
I think HO would still check on our employment history regardless which form we are filling. The latest form would make their jobs much easier and quicker, which is in our benefit.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:15 pm

The newest AN form is May 2015

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:20 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:The newest AN form is May 2015
I applied 2 months ago.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Im sure the HO will write if they need any further information

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:55 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:Im sure the HO will write if they need any further information
Indeed.

Does anyone know if there's any substantial difference of updates 2 April 2015 and updates: 26 March 2015 ?
Pretty sure I'm using the right version of form, 04.15, (again I applied on 11/05).

Although I downloaded the form on 05/04, after the 02/04 updates, it still says March 2015 on it.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:32 pm

yes thats the right form. But i dunno what the differences are between the march form and the updated march form with the April footers.....maybe just spelling or grammar error? not sure!!