ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Permit application...help needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

EU Family Permit application...help needed

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:07 pm

Hello i am planning to make an application for eu family permit as we been in ireland for 6 months now and have 5 payslips, couple of points before i submit application online and if i can get answers to the following

My wife still on a stamp4 temp card is that an issue?

my wife is pregnant will that help for the centre of life test uk has in place will a baby help the application? should we mention and show documents that she is pregnant

how quickly do they issue the eu family permit?

what should i write for when they ask the reason for traveling to the uk?

and what documents should be provided?

if someone can help answer these that would be great thank you

benfares

Re: EU Family Permit application...help needed

Post by benfares » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Robster

Eu family Permit takes 6 months to process and they wont ask you why you want to travel to the UK in the application. Regarding your wife being pregnant in the UK residence application it clearly states 'Do you have any children with you or born there' . They dont mention anything about pregnancy.

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:09 pm

I am in the same situation as you I have been here since Feb and I am with my moroccan husband and 11 month old son (he was born in england) they expect you to settle there for a reasonable time. I have been here nearly 6 months.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:40 pm

6 months to process the application i thought the eu family permit was was processed more quickly? and how long should we be settled in ireland before we apply and can we apply even though my wife still on a temp residence card?

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Robster

It takes around 6 months sometimes less it depends.Plus they will have your original passports so you wont be able to leave Ireland.

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Yes you can if your wife has the stamp 4

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:49 pm

EEA Family permit applications in Ireland takes about 6 weeks to decide. Not 6 months.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:51 pm

6 weeks thats good, also i only have 4 months of pay slips but i had 2 jobs here in ireland and now doing part time job now full time should i send pay slips from both jobs, basically have 4 pay slips from 1 job thats now ended and soon 5th pay slip from part time job i am now doing full time?

plus 2nd question would it help the "centre of life test" if i send documentation for my wife pregnancy , reason i ask this as on uk visa website it says centre of life test is tested on how much ur life is moved over to member state and it says i.e. having a child in the member state

if someone can answer these both for me

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi Robster

Centre of life test means your wife will have to have the baby in Ireland to prove if you have moved to Ireland. I have my son here with me (he is british) they want evidence of your family there.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for your reply, also how soon after filling in the online form do you have to submit paper work? and what list of paper work needs to be included?

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Robster

Do you mean EEA family permit? You have to send everything as soon as possible

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 am

benfares wrote:Hi Robster

Do you mean EEA family permit? You have to send everything as soon as possible
yeah the EEA family permit, what kind of paper work should i include to prove where we live together as we lived with a friend of family we helped pay some rent but it was not proper rental as it someone we know we live with so only bills we have our name are some insurance documents, bank paper work and PPS numbers and phone bills

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 am

Hi

You have to send the EEA family permit along with all the required documents like bills,rental agreement plus original passports and marriage certificate

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 pm

we dont have a rental agreement though thats the problem just living with someone we know, we have a letter signed saying we live with them and some bills and documents to show we live here thats it

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:22 pm

That should be fine, send everythimg you sent for your EU1 application. Plus extra documents like bank statements etc

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 pm

benfares wrote:That should be fine, send everythimg you sent for your EU1 application. Plus extra documents like bank statements etc
i rather not include bank statements i believe that only required if your self employed, in terms of showing centre of life what would be best to include? photos of us at events in dublin? maybe showing documents for hospital visits for my wife baby?

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Yes you can include that even receipts of purchases, photos, library card.Plus show that you did volunteering I will do that.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 pm

sounds good, also how long once you get the family permit does it stay valid for as in how long until has to be used to enter the country or is it 6 months from the moment it is issued?

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:30 am

Its valid for 6 months and you can apply fr your UK residence card once your in England.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 pm

do you think photos, concert tickets and info about my wife pregnancy would cover a centre of life test? and yeah 6 months but does the clock start ticking on that 6 months from the moment its issued or when you first enter the uk?

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Yes all that should be fine and enough. Its from the moment they stamp your passport.

hk79
Newly Registered

Post by hk79 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Please I need some current information from anyone that has recently applied for EU family right as a partners not married. I am here in Ireland with my partner and five month old daughter, I currently do not have any legal statue here, but my partner and daughter are both British citizens. we both live together here and she does work here. has anyone recently applied under this circumstances as mine? and what are the current situation like?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Hk79

If you do not have a legal status how did you enter Ireland? I think you have to apply through extended family member through surinder singh seen as your Partner is British and child. You are in similar situation as myself I have a Moroccan husband and a British child. However, I entered Ireland through Directive 2008.

hk79
Newly Registered

Post by hk79 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:22 am

sorry, I just want to know the possibility of submitting an application under the EU treaty right as unmarried couple with a child. if you have any idea or anyone done it recently should please get in touch. partner and daughter are both British nationals.

hk79
Newly Registered

Re: EU Family Permit application

Post by hk79 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi everyone,

please I need some advise on EU family application,

I want to submit application for stam4 eufam

my partner and 6 month old daughter are both british

we live together in Ireland and my partner is working,

we have joint bills and tenancy from landlord,

but we are not married yet but we been together for over two years with limited paper work evidence apart from my daughter birth certificate.

please anyone have any advise on this matters.