ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for UK EU Family permit while on temp stamp 4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Apply for UK EU Family permit while on temp stamp 4?

Post by robsters » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Hello everyone

From what i read on here i am hearing i basically could apply for the EEA Family Permit now while my wife still on a "temp stamp 4 card" to enter the uk? I have over 4 months worth of pay slips and 2 jobs here. We have been in ROI since start of feb and started employment from start of march. if we did this will they need to see a full residence card from Ireland for the EEA Family permit application or will the temp one do? (valid until oct 2015) and if my wife does get an EU Family permit will she get the residence card in UK with no problems? she was refused a uk visitor visa before we were married thats all i worry about, also i have my car here in Ireland so we would only be traveling back by ferry not by plane as she currently 4 months pregnant as well. if someone can please advise me that would be great as it sounds like i could apply for eu family permit now while she on a temp card?

also do they need to see how much money I have for the EEA Family permit application ? because my savings are almost empty now trying to survive outside the uk for so long, we are desperate to get back to uk with family now my wife is pregnant.

Dublinhope

Re: Apply for UK EU Family permit while on temp stamp 4?

Post by Dublinhope » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:56 pm

. HI Robster

Thank you for your post, i am in Mongolia (british citizen) to applying eu spouse visa for my wife(mongolian citizen)
we gonna apply very soon visa for family member of eea citizen.
i think you have gone through this same route and hopefully you are with you wife in Republic of Ireland.
My situation is same and my wife applied for tourist visa for uk and refused
reason was just riducolous
when you filling on line application form there is asking,have you ever refused visa other than ireland
what did you answer for that and how long did you wait for irish short c visa?
did you send your all documents by post to irish embassy in beijing or you went by yourself and handed your documents?
What document have you provided?
after completing online application form do they give date time in embassy to hand document?
have you provided your fingerprints biometric information?
i am really appreciate if you could answer to my question

thanks very much

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:33 am

Dublinhope wrote:. HI Robster

Thank you for your post, i am in Mongolia (british citizen) to applying eu spouse visa for my wife(mongolian citizen)
we gonna apply very soon visa for family member of eea citizen.
i think you have gone through this same route and hopefully you are with you wife in Republic of Ireland.
My situation is same and my wife applied for tourist visa for uk and refused
reason was just riducolous
when you filling on line application form there is asking,have you ever refused visa other than ireland
what did you answer for that and how long did you wait for irish short c visa?
did you send your all documents by post to irish embassy in beijing or you went by yourself and handed your documents?
What document have you provided?
after completing online application form do they give date time in embassy to hand document?
have you provided your fingerprints biometric information?
i am really appreciate if you could answer to my question

thanks very much
Hello

Sorry for my late reply, i try to answer most of your questions.

1. we waited almost 2 months for my wife short c stay visa. it took longer because it was Christmas time and also the refused visa from uk also played a part, best thing is to be honest about any refusal uk visa and send the refusal letter as this will help your application. we told them she was refused a visa then they later asked for paper work to see refusal itself so send a copy of this so they don't have to ask for further documentation. Basically more honest you are the more they will trust you.

We applied in person at Jakarta irish consulate at the time, if you are worried about passports in the post then best to apply in person but i believe it makes no real difference showing up or posting its more of a personal preference but in terms of them seeing passports its better to go in person because if that stuff gets lost in the post then its a headache.

i believe once the online application was completed it told us we had to submit all our documents either by post or in person within the next 30 days it gives you a couple of weeks to a month then if you fail to hand the documents in on time you just have to reapply online.

also at the irish consulate there was no biometric taken from my wife, however it was stated they could ask for it but it our case it was not taken only once we were in Ireland and getting the stamp 4 card but for the short stay C visa it was not

One word of warning TRAVEL TOGETHER! we did not travel together i came to Ireland first 2 weeks before my wife arrived as my visa in my wife country expired, when my wife arrived at Dublin airport i was waiting for her for ages as immigration officer held her because he did not understand why she traveled here without me, then he asked me what i was doing in Ireland and because i have irish family here and my wife had my family details (phone number and address in her hand) we got lucky because we were silly enough for her to arrive without the marriage document so luckily for me being half irish we got around the problem but anyone else would have been sent back on the plane as this guy was very angry at me when he came out to the departure lounge looking for me. so TRAVEL TOGETHER with marriage document and reason why ur coming to Ireland either EU citizen looking for a job, because of not traveling together my wife only got stamp 30 days which luckily i manage to extend later to 90 days at immigration office but we could have avoided the hassle if we had simply flown into Ireland together.

good luck!

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:24 am

Thank you very much
That was very very helpful
Can I also ask you what documents you have provided?
And what was the reason for your wife,s UK visa refusal?
Same time applying your visa,did you contact EU c?
Do I have to write any explanation to that UK refusal visa or just leave it to them?
Very appreciate it

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Dublinhope wrote:Thank you very much
That was very very helpful
Can I also ask you what documents you have provided?
And what was the reason for your wife,s UK visa refusal?
Same time applying your visa,did you contact EU c?
Do I have to write any explanation to that UK refusal visa or just leave it to them?
Very appreciate it
Hi ,

we provided quite a lot of documents, we showed hotel reservation, booking.com is good then cancel booking once reserved, marriage document, both passports (should take copies of these at visa office) , covering letter from spouse and eu citizen stating u plan to travel under eu treaty rights

example of letter i included below i put both for u

my letter (eu citizen)
Dear Sir/Madam

My name is (ur name) (British Citizen, passport number: xxxxxxxxxxxx)

I am planning to travel to the Republic of Ireland on 5th November. I Plan to exercise my EU Freedom of movement/treaty rights from 5th November 2014.

I wish my wife (her name), Date of Birth: 1st jan 1980, Passport number: xxxxxxx) to accompany me. I kindly ask that you issue her with an Accompany Spouse visit visa (c-visa) for The Republic of Ireland. I would like the visa application processed under the EU Law Directive 2004/38/EC as I understand she is entitled to this visa and for it to be processed quickly under the directive.

I have enclosed some wedding photos and the original marriage certificate to show our relationship to each other.

I have also enclosed a proposed itinerary (go to a travel agent and get them to print a flight route u can book), where we plan to stay and a copy of my passport.

If you require any further information or documentation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I thank you very much for your time in processing our application

Yours Sincerely
your name

then example of the letter your non eu spouse can include as well

Dear Sir/Madam

Application Transaction Number:

Ref: Application for an Accompany Spouse Visa for (name),
Date of Birth: date here blah blah,
Passport number: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is (non eu spouse name) and I would like to apply for an Accompany Spouse visit visa (c-visa) for The Republic of Ireland. Please kindly find my enclosed application. I confirm that I will accompany my Husband to Republic of Ireland on or around November 5th 2014.

I have enclosed my passport, our marriage certificate to confirm our relationship and a copy of my spouses passport. Could you kindly note that under the EU directive 2004/38/EC That there is no legal requirement to submit any of the following documentation

Bank Statements
Payslips
letter from future or present employer or school
letter of reference
Reference or guarantee from people in destination country

I respectfully like to make you aware to the following that is quoted in from the directive 2004/38/EC where a visa is required “Member states shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas shall be issued free of charge, as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure”

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible with regards to my visa being granted as the family member of an EEA Citizen.

Upon Receipt of my visa my spouse and I will be traveling together from (whatever country ur traveling from) to Dublin Ireland.

If any further documentation is required please inform us and we are happy to fully co-operate and assist you in anyway we can.

I thank you for your time in dealing with our visa request.

Yours Sincerely
(ur non eu spouse name)

as for uk refusal she was refused a visitor visa before we married she wanted to meet my parents, they denied it as we didnt show enough evidence of our relationship and we didn't realise at time how strict they were with supporting paper work, best include covering letter explainig why you were refused and include extra paper work to prove why they were wrong to refuse it, in our case we showed photos and where we worked together to show irish immigration, but it should have no affect on the outcome of a C Visa and always be honest and show refusal letter without it them seeing refusal letter they will not process the c visa, far as i know they have to inform the uk home office you are in ireland thats all, so help them and they will help you

good luck
p.s u can use my letter as a template but personalise it so they know u did not just copy it , re-write in ur own words :)

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:31 am

Helped me a lot

Cheers