ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Idefnite leave (10yrs)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divs29
Newly Registered

Idefnite leave (10yrs)

Post by Divs29 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

Hello

I am in due for 10 yr ILR in couple of months. My route is student, Tier 2 General and Tier 2 General Dependant. Can anyone pls confirm the following for me ?

While on Tier 2 I have switched between umbrella companies. I am not sure if they have paid my taxes and I have never verified as well even though I have pay slips. Reading few threads here I understand the taxes are being checked before granting ILR. Is this correct ? If so do you recommend me giving a call to HMRC to know my status before applying ILR ? I know being on tier 2 visa the companies are supposed to pay but I dont want any hassles at this last minute and ready to pay myself if need be plus I would rather apply premium service to avoid the head ache. if its not paid, can I pay it now or can this call with HMRC affect me badly ? Can anyone pls recommend me the best scenario as my case is straightforward otherwise ?

Thank you.

Divs29
Newly Registered

Re: Idefnite leave to remain

Post by Divs29 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:13 am

sorry..can anybody give any suggestions pls ?

Chase53

Re: Idefnite leave (10yrs)

Post by Chase53 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 am

I would suggest you to call HMRC and request your Employment tax history.

HMRC helpline: 0300 200 3300

sitel24
Newly Registered

Post by sitel24 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Can someone help me came in 2002 dec been renewing on students visa till2012 switched to zambrano .can i apply to ilr as i make the 10 yrs with EEA /

Divs29
Newly Registered

Post by Divs29 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:02 am

thanks Chase..

During 10 yr ILR preminum appointment do you know if they check the taxes are paid or not in your understanding ?

Do you recommend me to first verify with HMRC before proceeding my case ?

In case the taxes arent paid(which I hope is not the case) can I pay it now or forward with my ILR applciation ? is this straightforward ?

thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Divs29 wrote:thanks Chase..

During 10 yr ILR preminum appointment do you know if they check the taxes are paid or not in your understanding ? Yes they check your tax record with HMRC. Besides, on a Tier 2, I am fairly sure working for an umbrella compnay is not allowed.

Do you recommend me to first verify with HMRC before proceeding my case ? Yes

In case the taxes arent paid(which I hope is not the case) can I pay it now or forward with my ILR applciation ? is this straightforward ? HO don't deal with taxes so forwarding with your ILR application will have no use. Even if you pay anything that is due after contacting HMRC, there is still a record etc. but better to pay than not if you have to.

thanks again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.