ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa requirments ????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Fiance visa requirments ????

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi everyone

Hi I am a British Citizen male living in the UK and have met someone from morocco. We like each other very much and want to get married. From what I have read and researched, it is a very lengthy process marrying in morocco and can be very expensive because of the bureaucracy and corrupt officials.I have read alot of foreign spouses have opted for applying for fiance visas and then marrying here with in 6 months and subsequently applying for a spousal visa.

Can some one please tell me what are the requirements for a successful decision. I understand they will be generally similar to the spousal visa but does the language requirement still stand if I opt for this route?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has taken time to read and answer.
:)

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance visa requirments ????

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Marrying in Morocco shouldn't be too difficult , expensive (unless your fiance wants a traditional wedding celebration) or time-consuming as long as you're patient. I'm married to a Morrocan, so I understand how the system works. One of the forum members managed to arrange all of the legal requirements within 10 days, but ideally you should allow 2-3 weeks. Bear in mind that as a male, if you marry in Morocco and aren't Muslim, the law requires you to convert. You may also want to look into Moudawana or family code. If you marry in Morocco and later divorce it could be extremely costly in alimony.

A1 level English is required whether you apply for a spouse settlement visa in Morocco, or a fiance visa to marry in the UK. You must show that as the sponsor you are earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have over £16,000 savings (held for at least 6 months in an accessible account) to make up the difference. It's essential that you submit strong evidence of your relationship, proof that you have met with photos etc and how you communicate when you are apart. You'll also have to show adequate accommodation in the UK.

If you apply for a fiance visa you will have to submit evidence of the wedding plans, quote from venues etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Casa thanks ever so much for the reply. bless you for that.

I am a muslim man. My situation is alittle complicated. I think best bet would be to marry in morocco . She is from taroudant. And I have already got her to go to school and start learning english. She is a fast learner. I on other hand am all over with arabic and derija.

Casa can we speak in private please if thats possible.. god i was soo stressed didn;t know who to talk to to for info.. didn't know anyone who was married to a moroccon or familiar with the process. You say you got married in morocco? and it took 10 days for marriage certificate. ? God i was stressing out from all stuff i was reading.

may I P.M you Casa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 pm

We married in Spain where we were both living, but I have friends who chose to marry in Morocco. The 10 day wedding was arranged by a member on the forum and to be honest, I was sceptical that it could be done in that little time. My husband and I have a friend living here who is from Taroudant and he married his British wife in Morocco.
You won't be able to send or receive PMs until you've made 10 posts and we advise against posting personal email addresses on the open forum due to it attracting spam. Please feel free in the meantime to ask any questions you may have. This link may help you. http://www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html
and this link: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/mo ... posite_sex

Ramadan Mubarak
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm

oh casa bless you I feel alot better now ,,, you put life into me.

MARIAGES

When one party is a Moroccan national and the other party is of a different nationality we will require the documents as specified bellow:

For men:

* Valid passport.
* 4 photos.
* Birth certificate.
* Certificate of conversion to Islam.
* Criminal records issued by the police in UK.
* Divorce certificate if you have been married before.
* Certificate of no impediment.
* Proof of employment along with the last 3 months pay slips.
* Certificate of capacity from British Consulate in Morocco.
Criminal records from the Ministry of justice in Rabat
Medical Certificate issued by a doctor in Morocco .

Now this is the list of documents needed to be able to marry. employment I have stopped working as my father needed full time care, he has dementia. I am a carer and am on carers allowance. Proof of employment with 3 months wage slips?? How am I going to manage that. Also I am separated now this one is the complicated one. But my marriage is not registered her in the UK I was married abroad 20 years ago.

Please case its a little hard to share personal info on public forum I would really appreciate it if you would listen to my situation and give me some guidance.

Thanks for quick replies casa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:45 pm

I can appreciate that you don't want to openly share personal details, but I'll reply as best I can with the information you are able to give me. You are asked to declare any other marriages, even if it isn't registered in the UK. As you probably know, under the relatively new Moroccan family code, laws regarding polygamy have become far more strict. In which country did you marry? We may have to leave this one for the moment and come back to it, but post what you feel comfortable with.

I'll have to look into the issue of the pay slips. It may be that you can submit evidence of your carers allowance as income, In the meantime perhaps one of the other members has a solution.
(Casa, not CR001)

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Oh bless you for understanding Casa.

Ok I will try to explain best I can .... I got married in Pakistan 20 years ago. Yes like 99% of the marriages she is a relative. She has the house ,, the kids,, It's a cultural respect and honor crap. I don't want anything to be quite honest I want badly out. I am happy to leave everything as long as I can see my children and she doesn't turn them against me which is not quite impossible as they are not kids but not exactly adults. Divorce is a like a death sentence in our culture as well as family. It will kill her family and they are very close. Emotional blackmail has lasted along time. How can I put it,,, If I was sentenced for murder I would have probably done my time and been a free man right now but here I'm still a prisoner. Like I said its a respect and honor thing. Me marrying again and living my life will be less hurtful than to divorce there daughter. Its like being rejected ,thrown away,, very hard to live with.. not to mention my children ,,, I could never have found someone if mt father was in right mind. He would have killed me if I mentioned getting out of this marriage which he forced me into. And he doesn't recognize me ... what can I say.

She will be more likely give me permission to remarry than to divorce her... I know this 100%. I have and will completely give her everything to marry and have my own life as long as I can see my children.

I lasted 20 years for the sake of fathers respect and honor ,,in laws respect and honor and for my children. Now I simply cannot do it any longer... BTW I was 18 when i got married. This could not get any more of a messed up situation.

I live in a small 2 bedroom house that belongs to a friend. I don't pay much rent ... he is very understanding of my situation.

God that was hard.

Thanks for response Casa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I can appreciate that. I do understand the culture, but the issue that needs to be addressed is that even if your present wife gives her permission for you to marry again, as I'm sure you know, your second marriage wouldn't be recognised under British law and therefore neither would it be for immigration purposes. Put this aside for the moment and I will be happy to discuss when you're able to PM after your 10 posts. This means you'll have to think of a few more questions. :wink: Often resolving a problem isn't as impossible as it may seem.
(Casa, not CR001)

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks Casa... your a wonderful person for taking time out to help me. I really appreciate it.

Casa you have no idea how much stress you have relieved me of. Your an angel I swear.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:33 pm

I was helped on this forum some years ago and just stayed in an attempt to give something back if I could.
(Casa, not CR001)

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 pm

I have read some posts and I can feel the stress and pain some people are in and some of the help that they receive on here from some wonderful people. Only someone who has been there can know how painful it is being apart. Not being able to be with your family an love ones.

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Ok thanks to you the £18,600 issue is resolved,,accommodation will not be a problem ,,, infact I might even start working maybe 12 or 14 hours a week part time,,, .

But this 1 thing is eating me up inside.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 pm

I've replied to the PM you've now been able to send. Step by step it can be worked through.
(Casa, not CR001)