ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Questions - FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Some Questions - FLR (M)

Post by janinah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi all,

Today i was trying to fill up the application form for my wife FLR (M) & found following difficulties....

1. Me, wife & 3 yrs son living with 2 female students friends in a shared flat. Total 4 Adult & 1 child. According to Health & Safety Survey maximum 6 adult can live in the flat. I want to show everybody living and will provide health & safety report if any question comes for overcrowding issue... But, i found in the FLR (M) guide under d (page 9) states "The Property must be occupied only by you, your partner and dependents". Where in the form 7.13 (page 38) asked name details of all people live in the property. Moreover, in the section 13 (page 62) asked docs "if you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 years period, please provide a letter from them confirming this". Its now really confusing. As, from previous post in the forum and one of my colleague experience i was sure shared accomodation allowed as long as no overcrowding and health & safety issue ok....

2. As our son born in london, i will apply MN1 for him later. Thats why not going to adding him in the FLR (M) of my wife as dependent. Now, question in the 7.2 should i select £18,600 or £22,400 ? Should i ignore him as he is not going to apply or still need to consider him for financial requirements ?

3. Both me & my wife works. But because of easy to get all documents, i want to show my documents only to satisfy financial requirements. In that case, what should write in the 7.3 ? My salary only or both of us together ? And, at 7.3a should i give all employment details for both of us or only me will be ok ? Then again, in page 29 what should be the amount ? My one only or both together ? Can i mentioned employment details for both of us but provide documents only mine ? I need a clear idea of this issue...

Please seniors, can you please clear my above confusion ????

Pleaseeee.... Thanks in advance

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Some Questions - FLR (M)

Post by janinah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Sorry, another two questions:

4. I will make premium appointment for her FLR (M). As i will pay full amount while booking appointment, do we need to fill up again payment page of the Paper form ?

5. As our son is not applying as dependent on the application, will we need to provide his passport and/or photo with the application ?

6. Finally, i am confused about 2.3 question (page 11). I am confused which category i should select. My wife currently on Tier 2 Dependent visa. Last she renewed her visa switching from PSW dependent to Tier 2 (G) dependent visa in 2013. And, this is first time she will apply as spouse of setteled person FLR (M). Now, which category she should select ??

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:05 pm

1. Not sure about this question so will leave it for someone else to answer.

2. You will need to show income of £22,400pa as your child is not a British Citizen yet. If he is British, then you only need to show £18,600pa. Even though you are not applying for his visa with your spouse, you will still need to mention him in the relevant section of the form and you can explain the MN1 application etc that you will be making.

When does your wife's current Tier 2 Dep visa expire?
How long has she been in the UK?
Why are you switching to FLR(M)?
Through what route did you get ILR?

You also have to pay the IHS Surcharge before she applies and this will be an extra £500 on top of the in person application fee.

3. You can show both incomes and provide documents for both or just for yourself. Be honest on the form because HO will have access to her employment records with HMRC.

4. No, you don't fill in the payment form in the application if applying in person. You need to take your payment confirmation with you though to the appointment.

5. No but see my comments in #2 above.

6. I think it is the second option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Thank you very much CR001 for your reply.....

Now, anyone else for the first question ????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 pm

How big is the property you live (i.e. bedrooms) and what part of the property do you have exclusive use of?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:11 am

It's actually 2 double bed room maidstone flat where huge living room converted into 3rd double bed room & 1 reception. We have exclusive use of double bed room, reception & balcony along Shared Spam, toilet, bathroom...

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm

I just received House inspection report which states from the room & flat size 6 person allowed... Where currently 4.5 person living.... So, The present occupancy of the flat below the statutory permitted number and will not become overcrowded if My wife continued with her residency at this property....

What do you think ?? Is it enough ?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 pm

CR001 wrote: 2. You will need to show income of £22,400pa as your child is not a British Citizen yet. If he is British, then you only need to show £18,600pa. Even though you are not applying for his visa with your spouse, you will still need to mention him in the relevant section of the form and you can explain the MN1 application etc that you will be making.
Hi CR001,
I was going through the form, found from guide that " child qualify for ILR exempt from financial requirements"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Page 7.

So, should i mentioned only £18,600 !!!

zgokool
Newly Registered

Post by zgokool » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Question number 3.

I had a similar problem. If both of you qualify for the Financial requirement and you want to include only yours its fine. The Home office applications are sometimes complicated but if you try to think logically you should be fine. Remember they want facts. In my case I said 'YES'' for are you/your employer employed. Then included my NI number and that was IT. The rest only my wife filled. you could explain this in your covering letter. look into my previous post. Do not give them a chance for they wont hesitate. Good luck.

please note that I am not a legal advisor and I am only giving my advice on the matter.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks zgokool...

I am also thinking put details of both of us and write in details in the given space end of the section that she just providing financial documents of her husband only as she is relying on his income alone to satisfy the financial requirements... I think it is sensible....