ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from FLR FP (partner) to FLR M, Previous Overstay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

March_LR14

Switching from FLR FP (partner) to FLR M, Previous Overstay

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:06 am

Dear Forum members,

I have couple of questions regarding Switching from FLR FP (partner) to FLR M and it will be much appreciated if someone can help me with these.

My wife got FLR FP (Partner route) visa March this year. She overstayed her previous visa (tier 4) by 7 months from July 2014 to Feb 2015 that's when we submitted a FLR FP application. Now i would like to switch her into FLR M Spouse (5 years route) as i fulfil all the requirements.

Is that possible? If yes would her previous overstay will be an automatic refusal for her FLR M application?

She has passed IELTS SELT test at B1 level whereas requirement for FLR M is A1. Would that be a problem? Although B1 is higher than A1.

Please seniors can you please advise on above issues as i would like to make a PEO appointment as we have all the documents ready for application.

Many Thanks

March_LR14

Re: Switching from FLR FP (partner) to FLR M, Previous Overs

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello Seniors,

Any input anyone please?

I have gone through 30 pages of 'Immigration for family members' section but can't find relevant answers.

If these has been answered previously 'Especially the one related to overstay' it will be very kind if someone can guide me to link.

Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:13 am

Hi,

Please can you answer my this below query,

Having obtained Partner visa through FLR FP while switching to FLR M does previous overstay is an automatic refusal?

Please help.

Many Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi All,

My wife application for switch from 10 year partner to 5 year partner has been successful today.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:12 am

March_LR14 wrote:Hi All,

My wife application for switch from 10 year partner to 5 year partner has been successful today.
Congrats
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Turner44
Newly Registered

Post by Turner44 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 am

Turner44
Newly Registered

Post by Turner44 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:53 am

Hello March_LR14

Could you give more insight on how you went about the switch please.

1. Did your wife had to wait towards the expiration of her FLR FP (10years route) to apply for the switch to FLR M (5 years route) OR she applied in the middle of the validity of her FLR FP (10 years route)

2. Is the time she has spent on the FLR FP (10 years route) counted towards the FLR M (5 years route) or she has to start a new 5years from when her FLR M was issued.

Turner44
Newly Registered

Post by Turner44 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 am

Hello March_LR14

Could you give more insight on how you went about the switch please.

1. Did your wife had to wait towards the expiration of her FLR FP (10years route) to apply for the switch to FLR M (5 years route) OR she applied in the middle of the validity of her FLR FP (10 years route)

2. Is the time she has spent on the FLR FP (10 years route) counted towards the FLR M (5 years route) or she has to start a new 5years from when her FLR M was issued.