ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abs566
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by Abs566 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:14 am

@Danchak
Sorry to have not posted an update. Yes my parents did receive their visa within 10 weeks on 29/5/15. They are flying to Dublin in 2 weeks.

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:37 am

itsmanu wrote:Hi,
I am looking to get my dependant parents to UK via SS route. I am planning to move to Ireland for 6 months or more.
I have couple of questions

1. Can I use my UK limited company for invoicing purpose if I find a contract in Ireland. Will it create any problem for me to prove that my centre of life changed from UK to Ireland.

2. Do I have to move my family [wife and kids] as well or only I can move to Ireland and still be successful in SS route?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer this questions

thanks.

1. I also have a limited company in UK therefore I opened a subsidiary company in Ireland. This way I was able to work from Ireland and use invoices and bills for my UK company. Only thing my Irish company was doing was paying me wages for managing there office in Ireland.
Centre of life would not be effected in my opinion as long as you can show paperwork to back your claim that you have been residing in Ireland with intentions to work there and not abuse EU directive.

http://cdn.kadmosimmigration.com/wp-con ... nnex_A.pdf

Please read slide 6.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Abs566 wrote:
itsmanu wrote:Hi,
I am looking to get my dependant parents to UK via SS route. I am planning to move to Ireland for 6 months or more.
I have couple of questions

1. Can I use my UK limited company for invoicing purpose if I find a contract in Ireland. Will it create any problem for me to prove that my centre of life changed from UK to Ireland.

2. Do I have to move my family [wife and kids] as well or only I can move to Ireland and still be successful in SS route?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer this questions

thanks.

1. I also have a limited company in UK therefore I opened a subsidiary company in Ireland. This way I was able to work from Ireland and use invoices and bills for my UK company. Only thing my Irish company was doing was paying me wages for managing there office in Ireland.
Centre of life would not be effected in my opinion as long as you can show paperwork to back your claim that you have been residing in Ireland with intentions to work there and not abuse EU directive.

http://cdn.kadmosimmigration.com/wp-con ... nnex_A.pdf

Please read slide 6.

Hi Abs566,

Can you please share with me (PM me) your solicitor details. I would also like to apply for my parents visa and would like to discuss my options with your solicitor.

Many thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Great thread st2447 and everyone who has contributed so far. It is great to see people sharing information to help each other. Please keep the information coming in as you are definitely making a difference. I need some advice from you good people out there!!

I want to exercise SS route for my non-EU dependent parents. They have been visiting UK since 2005 but now becoming old and frail so I want them to live with me since we have lived away from each other for so long.

To exercise this route, Ireland seems to be a good option so I am considering looking for a contract work there at the end of August.

I am a British National and my wife is Pakistan national with Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. We got her UK resident permit last year that states 'Permit Type' = Settlement and 'Remarks' = Indefinite Leave to Remain. My question is does she need a Visa for Ireland to accompany me for the duration of my stay?
I see the below info on INIS website
-----If you are:
• a family member of a European Union citizen, and
• a holder of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member State,
You are not subject to an Irish visa requirement. ----
The problem is there is no uniformity in the wording of residence cards relating to the Directive across Member States.

Does anyone know if UK Resident Permit satisfies above conditions? and what could be the difference between “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” and "UK Resident Permit"

Once in Ireland, I am hoping to work for 6 months. Then apply short stay ‘C’ Visa for my parents to come to Ireland. Then apply for a EEA family permit for UK. Once granted, I would travel with them to enter UK. Does this approach seem OK or do you guys have any better piece of advice.

In UK, I work as an IT contractor and have Limited company set up. I am hoping to do the same in Ireland for the duration of my stay.
I see Abs566 and some others are running Ltd companies there too. Since you have been there for quite some time how do you find the IT contract market there. Is it easier to find IT work?

mak35

Post by mak35 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi,
some more questions popping in my head. please help

1. What documentation is required to prove that non-EU parents are dependent?
2. Do the parents have to reside with me for the duration of my stay in Ireland?

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Post by sa3edansah » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:05 pm

I know I am going to get told ,, but .. what and who is surinder singh..????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 pm

sa3edansah wrote:I know I am going to get told ,, but .. what and who is surinder singh..????
Surinder Singh Diagram Explanation (Click)

Surinder Singh from .gov.uk website (Click)

Bear in mind that it is not applicable to you if you are living in the UK as a British Citizen and have not lived and worked (moved the 'centre of your life') in another EU state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

st2447

Post by st2447 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:15 am

mak35 wrote:Great thread st2447 and everyone who has contributed so far. It is great to see people sharing information to help each other. Please keep the information coming in as you are definitely making a difference. I need some advice from you good people out there!!

Hello and thanks mak35,

I want to exercise SS route for my non-EU dependent parents. They have been visiting UK since 2005 but now becoming old and frail so I want them to live with me since we have lived away from each other for so long.

To exercise this route, Ireland seems to be a good option so I am considering looking for a contract work there at the end of August.

I am a British National and my wife is Pakistan national with Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. We got her UK resident permit last year that states 'Permit Type' = Settlement and 'Remarks' = Indefinite Leave to Remain. My question is does she need a Visa for Ireland to accompany me for the duration of my stay?
I see the below info on INIS website
-----If you are:
• a family member of a European Union citizen, and
• a holder of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member State,
You are not subject to an Irish visa requirement. ----
The problem is there is no uniformity in the wording of residence cards relating to the Directive across Member States.

Does anyone know if UK Resident Permit satisfies above conditions? and what could be the difference between “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” and "UK Resident Permit"

You wife would need a visa, having ILR would not exempt holder from irish visa requirement, uk biometric residence permit is issued under domestic law.

Once in Ireland, I am hoping to work for 6 months. Then apply short stay ‘C’ Visa for my parents to come to Ireland. Then apply for a EEA family permit for UK. Once granted, I would travel with them to enter UK. Does this approach seem OK or do you guys have any better piece of advice.

You could apply for your parents visa before you arrive in Ireland.

In UK, I work as an IT contractor and have Limited company set up. I am hoping to do the same in Ireland for the duration of my stay.
I see Abs566 and some others are running Ltd companies there too. Since you have been there for quite some time how do you find the IT contract market there. Is it easier to find IT work?
Re docs and length of parents stay: Cant really help you much there, I'm not sure of the process except for spouse SS
Surinder Singh
Arrived in Ireland with Pakistani Spouse: 27 Jan 2014
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit: 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 8 June 2014
Received COA with right to work: 19 June 2014
Received UK Residence Card: 30 July 2014

mak35

Post by mak35 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks st2447.
Does anyone else have answer to the below please?
2. Do the parents have to reside with me for the duration of my stay in Ireland?

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:47 pm

1. I don't know the detailed answer, but proof of money being sent is definitely required. Other members will tell you what else is required.

2. Yes. They must stay with you in Ireland (or any other EEA country) all the time, and you must be exercising your treaty rights in that country during this time, ie working or being self employed.

fsmughal82
Newly Registered

EEA's family member visa

Post by fsmughal82 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 pm

hey

I am pakistani national living in uk from last 6 year I am currently reporting status. My wife is an eu lithonian national we got married in 2011 and i did not get visa becasue i was't submited her orignal passport after refusal she went to lithonia and never come back can anybody advise me what to do now ..

fsmughal82

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 pm

There is nothing anyone could suggest that would change your situation.

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm

mak35 wrote:Thanks st2447.
Does anyone else have answer to the below please?
Mak35

If your parents are with you during your stay in Ireland, then it is far easier to prove they are dependent on you and reduce any chance of rejection of the application.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks DanChack,

Do you or anyone know of any dependent parents success stories and possibly point to the thread for more information.

Abs566 - how is your application coming along? I see your comments that you have already been in IRL for last 7 months and just calling your parents over. Did your solicitor warned you of any issues that you may face bringing them to IRL after such a long time?
What documentation are you using to prove they are dependent on you?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:23 pm

I request the mods to consider making this thread a sticky. Not only is it likely to help answer many questions about the Surinder Singh route, but the OP's first post demonstrates the attention to detail and the paperwork that is required to make it work.

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:51 am

mak35 wrote:Thanks DanChack,

Do you or anyone know of any dependent parents success stories and possibly point to the thread for more information.

Abs566 - how is your application coming along? I see your comments that you have already been in IRL for last 7 months and just calling your parents over. Did your solicitor warned you of any issues that you may face bringing them to IRL after such a long time?
candy2012 very recently brought his mother back to UK after working in Germany within 3 months.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks Danchack

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm

mak35 wrote:Thanks DanChack,

Hi,
My parents are in Ireland now. They have been granted a stay. They now have to register with Irish immigration services and apply for a EU1 card which can take up to 6months to come. At the moment we are in the process of getting required paperwork for them and registering them with local GP. To accompany their EU1 application. I have been suggested (by solicitor) to get rental contract in my parents and my name plus all the utility bills and bank statements at our rental address. More the paperwork the stronger your application.

@UKBALoveStory: I am unable PM you as I am new member. I would love took reward you details of my solicitor.

Paperwork required to show dependency:
1. Regular payments sent to dependant via bank or any money transfer service to show financial dependency.
2. Emotional dependency if in case of parents no one to look after them in their current country of residence. In case of partner it's straight forward marriage certificate.
P.s please make sure you have your original birth certificates on you.

Hope this help!
I will update as soon as there any news on my parents application.

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:02 am

Dear st2447,

Thanks for sharing your experience and then having the patience to answer the basic questions like mine.

In your cover letter you said:
I have attached flight confirmation that I will be travelling to Dublin with my spouse to satisfy section 4.5 of the visa guidelines
Did you buy tickets from Pakistan, before getting your visa, and attached those with your application?

Regards,

hsmpguy1234
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpguy1234 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Also, did you book any accommodation before applying for visa?

As the application form asks for Contact/Host/Accommodation details. I am assuming that this is required for Visit visa applications, but ... still ... just in case ...

Regards,

mak35

Post by mak35 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi,
My parents are in Ireland now. They have been granted a stay. They now have to register with Irish immigration services and apply for a EU1 card which can take up to 6months to come. At the moment we are in the process of getting required paperwork for them and registering them with local GP. To accompany their EU1 application. I have been suggested (by solicitor) to get rental contract in my parents and my name plus all the utility bills and bank statements at our rental address. More the paperwork the stronger your application.
@UKBALoveStory: I am unable PM you as I am new member. I would love took reward you details of my solicitor.
Paperwork required to show dependency:
1. Regular payments sent to dependant via bank or any money transfer service to show financial dependency.
2. Emotional dependency if in case of parents no one to look after them in their current country of residence. In case of partner it's straight forward marriage certificate.
P.s please make sure you have your original birth certificates on you.
Hope this help!
I will update as soon as there any news on my parents application.
Many thanks Ab566, good to hear that you are progressing. Are you going to wait for the EU1 to arrive for your parents before going back to UK? 6 months is a very long time to wait for EU1 especially when you have already been in IRL for over 7 months. Im sure there is no requirement for the parents to have EU1 before accompanying the EEA family member. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:34 pm

An EU1 card has a lot of advantages if you are patient enough to get it.
Your parents do not have to apply a visa called EEA family permit to move to the UK
They can travel to all Schengen countries without applying for a visa if accompanied by you.

mchowdhr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mchowdhr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Danchak,

I am going to apply for my parents, please can you tell me what documents did you submit for them and how long it took them go their visa? I would be grateful of your help.

Thanks

Mchowdhr

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 am

I would suggest that you get all official documents from the non-EEA country like birth certificates, marriage certificates, affidavits apostille from there. If the non-EEA country is not party to the hague agreement, then go thru the series of certifications known as "legalisation". This will add strength when finally submitting the application with the supporting documents.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:28 pm

DanChak wrote:An EU1 card has a lot of advantages if you are patient enough to get it.
Your parents do not have to apply a visa called EEA family permit to move to the UK
They can travel to all Schengen countries without applying for a visa if accompanied by you.
Thanks DanChak, suppose if parents get the EU1 from Ireland. What are the next steps to get UK 5 year stay?
So they enter UK with me. What's next?
Many thanks