ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Citizenship Registeration - Father on settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bunnu
Newly Registered

Child Citizenship Registeration - Father on settled status

Post by Bunnu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 am

I have granted ILR(april 2015) about 2 years after my baby was born in UK. Her mother is on spouse visa.
i visited National Citizenship registration web page of my local council (lewisham, london) to book an appointment to apply for registration of my child's british citizenship. Before booking the website goes through some series of questions like "was baby born in uk (yes/no)" etc. I reached a point when it ask me "was the parents had ILR at the time of child's birth" i clicked "no".. Then it says "has both parents obtained settled status" ... I clicked "no" as only i (father) got settled status.. As i answer "no" to this question, a message appears that unfortunately i can not apply for childs british registeration as both parents have not obtained settled status...
I decided to ring the citizenship helpline and they also said the same thing that if both parents live together then both parents should have settled settled status for the child to register as British Citizen..
However section 3(a) says otherwise..
Can anybody please help what should i need to do next .. Many thanks

vinny

Re: Child Citizenship Registeration - Father on settled stat

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:21 am

They are mistaken.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jasonyu1983
Newly Registered

Post by jasonyu1983 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 am

The council was definitely wrong. :evil:

Bunnu
Newly Registered

Post by Bunnu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks Guys, i have just called the council and booked the appointment. The lady over the phone said that its entirely my responsibility if application gets declined and i wont get a refund. I agreed and booked it for tomorrow. Fingers crossed now :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:53 am

As it's an entitlement, there is no discretion to refuse.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dunca

Post by dunca » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:10 am

Bunnu wrote:Thanks Guys, i have just called the council and booked the appointment. The lady over the phone said that its entirely my responsibility if application gets declined and i wont get a refund. I agreed and booked it for tomorrow. Fingers crossed now :)
Hello bunnu, what was the outcome please.