ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening bank account with COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Opening bank account with COA

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Guys,

what banks open accounts to EEA family members with COAs and those in the process of applying for RC? We seem to hit the dead ground with oxymoronic morons within several banks (HSBC, Halifax) that know nothing and are not willing to listen to your arguments. Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Opening bank account with COA

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:44 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:Guys,

what banks open accounts to EEA family members with COAs and those in the process of applying for RC? We seem to hit the dead ground with oxymoronic morons within several banks (HSBC, Halifax) that know nothing and are not willing to listen to your arguments. Thanks
We were able to open a basic bank account (called Cashminder) with a TV license in my partner's name as proof of address and his passport at the Cooperative Bank. At that stage he only had a family permit and had not yet applied for the RC.

Does your partner have his/her passport? Or is that with the Home Office?

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Nationwide
Co operative bank

Both these banks only look at any form of ID you have and they won't ask you for any kind of visa or coa.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:15 am

We have the problem with proof of address. My parents (dependent family members) only have COA to their name with this address. I cannot change bills in their name nor add to them. I am currently in a bit of a limbo over this.

PS Do likes of Nationwide also require the proof of address?

Thanks

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 am

a.s.b.o wrote:We have the problem with proof of address. My parents (dependent family members) only have COA to their name with this address. I cannot change bills in their name nor add to them. I am currently in a bit of a limbo over this.

PS Do likes of Nationwide also require the proof of address?

Thanks
All banks would require proof of address. Best way to go about this would be to apply for a provisional license with their passport. And what about a council tax bill with their name on it ? Aren't they listed ? Also if you register them on the electoral roll , the confirmation of registration letter would he enough as address proof.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks for that. Electoral Register is a good way out. However, it states the following

"You must be a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen, and you must give your nationality
on the form".

I can apply, can my dependent family members do the same? Phrased differently, are they classed as being EEA nationals too?

Thanks

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:47 pm

No bank will accept electoral register vote letter. Easiest ones are following for proof of address:
NHS medical card
NINO card correspondence (less than 3 month old)
TV licence
Provisional licence
Mobile phone ( 50/50% chance be acceptable).
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:36 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:Thanks for that. Electoral Register is a good way out. However, it states the following

"You must be a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen, and you must give your nationality
on the form".

I can apply, can my dependent family members do the same? Phrased differently, are they classed as being EEA nationals too?

Thanks
If your dependent family members are not British/Irish/Commonwealth/EU citizens they won't be able to register.

We went for the TV license and opened a Cooperative Bank Cashminder.

Iyk13
Newly Registered

Post by Iyk13 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:52 pm

I was able to open a basic account with Santander. Only have to send them copy of my passport and copy of my tenancy agreement.