ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General and Sub Tiers

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BriKH
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General and Sub Tiers

Post by BriKH » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Hello!

I cannot express how happy I am to have found this board. I have a few questions that no one, and especially my unhelpful university, can answer. I'm sure I will have a few posts here and there!

I currently work part time (as per my Tier 4 visa rules) while completing my MPhil which I am due to finish soon. My job may offer me a full time job as they are licenses. My company is a Tier 2 sposor with the subcategory "Sport". Is this because they are a sporting club, or would my job need to be related to the sport? I am working with their community side of things. I am really confused.

Apologies if this is a daft question!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General and Sub Tiers

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:16 pm

It does not matter if your organisation is a sports organisation as long as they have a valid tier 2 licence for the relevant sub-category. To clarify, Tier 2 sportsperson category is for sportsperson only (i.e. you will represent the organisation in a sport - example, the foreign players playing in premier league apply for this category of visa). You cannot apply for this category for the other usual jobs which you'll generally apply using Tier 2 General.

What is the job profile that you would be doing?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:26 am

if you are not a sportsman, their licence will not cover you and you cant get a COS. however, they may apply to add a category to their licence, i.e. sub category - general.

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Latest on Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello, I am from Jamaica. My CoS was denied in June 2015. I have a contract for three years to teach English in September in Ash, England. I have a point standing of 70 and I was refused. I gave notice at to my current employer...it was a permanent job. Now, I am left in the cold. I really hope by the 13th of July that the circumstances change.
Any news?

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Re: Latest on Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:30 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:Hello, I am from Jamaica. My CoS was denied in June 2015. I have a contract for three years to teach English in September in Ash, England. I have a point standing of 70 and I was refused. I gave notice at to my current employer...it was a permanent job. Now, I am left in the cold. I really hope by the 13th of July that the circumstances change.
Any news?

BriKH
Newly Registered

Post by BriKH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 pm

moonlight55 wrote:It does not matter if your organisation is a sports organisation as long as they have a valid tier 2 licence for the relevant sub-category. To clarify, Tier 2 sportsperson category is for sportsperson only (i.e. you will represent the organisation in a sport - example, the foreign players playing in premier league apply for this category of visa). You cannot apply for this category for the other usual jobs which you'll generally apply using Tier 2 General.

What is the job profile that you would be doing?

Ah see, I thought the sportspeople would be under Tier 5 "exceptional talent". My role would involve working in the community, but I represent the club in doing that, so I wasn't too sure.