ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MPhil/PhD on Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BriKH
Newly Registered

MPhil/PhD on Tier 4

Post by BriKH » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Hello!

You'd think that my university would be able to help me with this but they are useless and have given me WRONG information in the past...

I had submitted my MPhil thesis in September last year and had my viva for it in mid-January. The results were: degree awarded pending major modifications, in which I am given 12 months to finish.

Am I able to stay in the UK to complete these modifications while my visa is still valid (until December 31 2015), even though I have until January 14th, 2016? (I am not bothered by extending a visa by 2 weeks and am actually hoping to have a full time job by then anyways).

I have a meeting sometime on Friday to discuss but have since had an email saying they need my supervisory logs ASAP as they are being audited by UK Visas & Immigration, so I am a bit scared now, and no one will respond to my emails.

I hope this makes sense but if anymore information is needed just say!

Thanks for any help!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: MPhil/PhD on Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 pm

BriKH wrote:Am I able to stay in the UK to complete these modifications while my visa is still valid (until December 31 2015), even though I have until January 14th, 2016?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

BriKH
Newly Registered

Re: MPhil/PhD on Tier 4

Post by BriKH » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm

sah10406 wrote:
BriKH wrote:Am I able to stay in the UK to complete these modifications while my visa is still valid (until December 31 2015), even though I have until January 14th, 2016?
Yes.

Thank you!