ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Mileman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 pm

mayakanon wrote:
Mileman wrote: If you have your family permit, and you find work with it, it shouldn´t be a problem for your wife to go back or for you to have a job while she is visiting Slovakia.

If you decide to apply for the residence, that may be a bit more complex.

Again, this is all based on things read and heard, don´t take me at 100%, some further research may help you for sure!
Thanks a lot for the information. Well, I talked with one company in UK they will provide job to my wife. As my wife is pregnant so the company agree for maternal leave. And we want to apply for Resident Card. But the problem is my wife wants to stay in Slovakia and give birth in Slovakia. And I don't know how to handle it now. If the inquiry from Resident Permit come about her, and they found she is in Slovakia in that time, can I simply show her medical leave and say that she will come after delivery, does it help anyway? I feel much anxious about this...
Too rich for my blood, you may need to contact immigration advisors!!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 am

mayakanon wrote:
Mileman wrote: If you have your family permit, and you find work with it, it shouldn´t be a problem for your wife to go back or for you to have a job while she is visiting Slovakia.

If you decide to apply for the residence, that may be a bit more complex.

Again, this is all based on things read and heard, don´t take me at 100%, some further research may help you for sure!
Thanks a lot for the information. Well, I talked with one company in UK they will provide job to my wife. As my wife is pregnant so the company agree for maternal leave. And we want to apply for Resident Card. But the problem is my wife wants to stay in Slovakia and give birth in Slovakia. And I don't know how to handle it now. If the inquiry from Resident Permit come about her, and they found she is in Slovakia in that time, can I simply show her medical leave and say that she will come after delivery, does it help anyway? I feel much anxious about this...
Technically I think what matters is your circumstances at the moment of your application and intention to stay in the UK. Your wife would be in the UK at the moment of your application and she would be full-time employed. They might question the intention to stay in the UK or legitimacy of your marriage if they get to know that she is absent but you could explain the situation, get some supporting evidence (statement/medical records etc.).
It is not your problem that the process takes 4-6 months on average not, say, 10 working days.

On the practical note, I would look through the messages and see when people usually get home visits and try to make make application date and travel plans accordingly. Family permit is valid for 6 months and you don't have to apply for residency straight away.

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:48 am

toto91 wrote:hi

do yo ureceive the COA after the biometrics are taken ?
i'm wondering if royal mail lost the COA letter, if it wasn't send to me, but the biometrics were taken so i have a reference number.

i might give them one more week before trying to reach them, maybe they are late with holidays

regards
I also haven't received COA yet.

Applied 18 June (I added next day delivery envelope to my application)
Money charged 23 June
Biometrics 23June (letter); 27 June (taken)
Asked for passports back 29 June
Got both passports 8 July (in next day delivery envelope attached to my application)

No COA as yet

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:06 pm

fokus wrote:

i'm wondering if royal mail lost the COA letter, if it wasn't send to me, but the biometrics were taken so i have a reference number.

i might give them one more week before trying to reach them, maybe they are late with holidays

regards

Money charged 23 June
Got both passports 8 July (in next day delivery envelope attached to my application)

No COA as yet
Can we ask for passport before CoA, will ask for passport back affect decison of CoA or RC?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Cihangir wrote:
fokus wrote:

regards

Money charged 23 June

No COA as yet
Can we ask for passport before CoA, will ask for passport back affect decison of CoA or RC?
HO requests at least 10 working days after the date of the COA to request the passports back.

It doesn´t affect their decision, or at least, that is what we are all inclined to believe.

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Mileman wrote:
UKBA...ARRG wrote:Shadow reader, first time poster

EEA (FM) Submitted 29/06/2015
Royal Mail Acknowledgement of delivery 30/06/2015

Awaiting further updates.... but will keep posting on any developments

Situation:-

Married to EEA National (Hungarian) for 5+ years (I am Australian)
Married in the UK as we both lived here previously (Stupidly did not apply for a UK PR and now we have to restart the clock!)
9 month old child with dual citizenship
Applied for EEA (QP) for both wife and child
We moved to Australia 5 years ago and have only recently returned
We went down the "Self Sufficient" route as we have only just arrived and we have no jobs yet
As self sufficient, we provided 6 months of bank accounts showing savings and rental income
Also provided a print out of our health insurance plan (not originals as they dont provide them these days)

Fingers crossed, we are hoping to get the COA within working days, as experienced by most people here.

Hoping to get a residency card for myself and a registration certificate for my wife and child

Does the UKBA need to hold on to your passport during the period between issuing a COA and providing the RC?

Also, does the COA have an expiry date (worried about the right to work part as I have a job lined up!)

Not comfortable with the UKBA holding our passports after reading some of the horror stories on this board.

Thanks!
Passports: they need at least 10 working days starting from the issuing of the COA...I would give them a few extra just in case and then complete the form to get them back.

COA: The letter says the document is valid until you either get your residence, or, until you have a resolution on any appeals you may have made in case it is rejected. In any case, you shouldn´t have it for more than six months, I would worry about it then.
Further updates

Money taken out of account on 02/07/2015
Biometrics letter dated 02/07/2015 (Received 06/07/2015)
Biometrics submitted at post office on 08/07/2015

Now for the wait again....

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Mileman wrote:
Cihangir wrote:Hi All,

Today i checked credit card transactions and HO took money.
How long does it take to receive documents for biometric enrolment?

I applied before biometrics were required, can´t help you here!
Got mine this week, it took about 5 working days from submission. (see my timelines so far on the post above)

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:56 pm

UKBA...ARRG wrote:
Mileman wrote:
UKBA...ARRG wrote:Shadow reader, first time poster

Awaiting further updates.... but will keep posting on any developments

Situation:-

Married to EEA National (Hungarian) for 5+ years (I am Australian)
Married in the UK as we both lived here previously (Stupidly did not apply for a UK PR and now we have to restart the clock!)
9 month old child with dual citizenship
Applied for EEA (QP) for both wife and child
We moved to Australia 5 years ago and have only recently returned
We went down the "Self Sufficient" route as we have only just arrived and we have no jobs yet
As self sufficient, we provided 6 months of bank accounts showing savings and rental income
Also provided a print out of our health insurance plan (not originals as they dont provide them these days)

Fingers crossed, we are hoping to get the COA within working days, as experienced by most people here.

Hoping to get a residency card for myself and a registration certificate for my wife and child

Does the UKBA need to hold on to your passport during the period between issuing a COA and providing the RC?

Also, does the COA have an expiry date (worried about the right to work part as I have a job lined up!)

Not comfortable with the UKBA holding our passports after reading some of the horror stories on this board.

Thanks!
Passports: they need at least 10 working days starting from the issuing of the COA...I would give them a few extra just in case and then complete the form to get them back.

COA: The letter says the document is valid until you either get your residence, or, until you have a resolution on any appeals you may have made in case it is rejected. In any case, you shouldn´t have it for more than six months, I would worry about it then.
Further updates

Money taken out of account on 02/07/2015
Biometrics letter dated 02/07/2015 (Received 06/07/2015)
Biometrics submitted at post office on 08/07/2015

Now for the wait again....
What does the Biometric process include exactly?

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Mugshot, finger prints and another £19.20 to the home office

raume
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by raume » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 am

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are an unmarried couple. He is about to make a residence card application this week, and we are desperately looking for some advice! This forum has been extremely helpful during the process of preparing our application, and we're really hoping that someone could help us with this.

We have a slight problem with my supporting documents to prove that I am a qualified person.

I work full time in a small company, and I am able to provide payslips for the past 5 months. However for the last two months there has been some discrepancies between my payslips and the net amount I have been paid. I've been paid about 50pounds less than what I should have been paid one month, and 10pounds more the other month. This was due to some clerical errors, and will be fixed on my next month's payment. However we are worried that the discrepancy might cause problems with the application.

We noticed that the evidence required to prove that the EEA national is a qualified person are "Payslips AND/OR bank statements". We are now thinking of sending the payslips only, and no bank statements at all, or perhaps the statements of the first 3 months only. I am wondering if there's anyone on the forum who has done this? Do you think this might reduce my partner's chances of getting the RC?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:07 am

raume wrote:Hi everyone,

My partner and I are an unmarried couple. He is about to make a residence card application this week, and we are desperately looking for some advice! This forum has been extremely helpful during the process of preparing our application, and we're really hoping that someone could help us with this.

We have a slight problem with my supporting documents to prove that I am a qualified person.

I work full time in a small company, and I am able to provide payslips for the past 5 months. However for the last two months there has been some discrepancies between my payslips and the net amount I have been paid. I've been paid about 50pounds less than what I should have been paid one month, and 10pounds more the other month. This was due to some clerical errors, and will be fixed on my next month's payment. However we are worried that the discrepancy might cause problems with the application.

We noticed that the evidence required to prove that the EEA national is a qualified person are "Payslips AND/OR bank statements". We are now thinking of sending the payslips only, and no bank statements at all, or perhaps the statements of the first 3 months only. I am wondering if there's anyone on the forum who has done this? Do you think this might reduce my partner's chances of getting the RC?

You should be fine sending your payslips. The treaty right in itself will be that you are working, in these cases there is no need to send financial proof.

You could send payslips and your bank statement if it makes you feel safer, they won´t be looking for a match between the total amount and the money deposited monthly.

Your main target should be sending enough supporting arguments regarding your relationship, I am sure you have those.

toto91

Post by toto91 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Cihangir wrote:
fokus wrote:

regards

Money charged 23 June

No COA as yet
Many thanks, that means no receiving CoA is normal yet as i also have similar date (applied 10 june, biometric on 27 june).

Why people ask for passport back if you are not traveling? (at least why asking passport before receiving a CoA ?)
what's the risk ?
what could happen, i mean it's not like they can deport when we have a right to stay, the worst is they reject an application but they have to give back the passport whatever happen, i guess.

thanks

raume
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by raume » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Mileman wrote:

You should be fine sending your payslips. The treaty right in itself will be that you are working, in these cases there is no need to send financial proof.

You could send payslips and your bank statement if it makes you feel safer, they won´t be looking for a match between the total amount and the money deposited monthly.

Your main target should be sending enough supporting arguments regarding your relationship, I am sure you have those.

Thanks so much for your response Mileman. Yes we are not worried about proving our relationship and cohabitation, we are providing more than what's asked.

What worries us about not sending my bank statements is that it is asked specifically to prove receipt of wages of the EEA national, rather than showing financial proof. Plain logic says it should not be mandatory as what's asked is payslips and/or bank statements, and we got the relevant part of the form filled out and signed by my employer too. We just want to see if anyone has had such an experience of not sending the statements. We've read some horror stories online where people are being rejected due to not providing enough evidence to prove exercising treaty rights, or simple mismatches between documents...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:40 pm

raume wrote:
Mileman wrote:

Thanks so much for your response Mileman. Yes we are not worried about proving our relationship and cohabitation, we are providing more than what's asked.

What worries us about not sending my bank statements is that it is asked specifically to prove receipt of wages of the EEA national, rather than showing financial proof. Plain logic says it should not be mandatory as what's asked is payslips and/or bank statements, and we got the relevant part of the form filled out and signed by my employer too. We just want to see if anyone has had such an experience of not sending the statements. We've read some horror stories online where people are being rejected due to not providing enough evidence to prove exercising treaty rights, or simple mismatches between documents...
Got it.

I guess there is always someone looking into the applications in detail, you can always add a note explaining the errors.

I want to believe that a sixty pound difference will not make a difference on someone not only working but on a valid relationship.

You can always try expatforum. com, the moderators there are very knowledgeable and very quick to respond.

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:45 pm

hi all, can you please advise me which email address i have to contact case worker as i didnt get any updates about my case it almost 9 months now and 3 months finished after interview too. my solicitor is not ready to write for ukba as he telling to wait untill decision is made. can anyone please help me. thanks

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

svalavil wrote:hi all, can you please advise me which email address i have to contact case worker as i didnt get any updates about my case it almost 9 months now and 3 months finished after interview too. my solicitor is not ready to write for ukba as he telling to wait untill decision is made. can anyone please help me. thanks
I´ve never heard of an email, I know there is a phone number but I don´t have it handy, I am sure you can find it online.

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:26 pm

raume wrote:

We didn't send bank statements for my husband's account and I still received my RC. The only bank statement we sent was for a joint account we just opened so it only had a couple hundred pounds in it and that was solely for proof of address/our relationship since both names and our address were on it.

This is what we included:
Application
Marriage Certificate
Husband's job contract and offer letter
2 x husband's payslips
Lease (Signed by both of us)
Husband's HMRC tax reference letter
Council tax bill (In husband's name)
Utilities bill (in my name)
Bank statement for our joint account

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:00 pm

jenangeles wrote:
raume wrote:

We didn't send bank statements for my husband's account and I still received my RC. The only bank statement we sent was for a joint account we just opened so it only had a couple hundred pounds in it and that was solely for proof of address/our relationship since both names and our address were on it.

This is what we included:
Application
Marriage Certificate
Husband's job contract and offer letter
2 x husband's payslips
Lease (Signed by both of us)
Husband's HMRC tax reference letter
Council tax bill (In husband's name)
Utilities bill (in my name)
Bank statement for our joint account
Hi jenangeles
How long have you been married? Have you received a visit from HO?
thanks!

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Married 3 years, together 5.

No visits from HO.

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Any news February applicants?

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Any news February applicants?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Pursuitofhappiness wrote:Any news February applicants?
The latest RCs received were for people who applied 16.02, let´s hope the rest of February gets released this days.

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 pm

I hope soo too..thank you for taking time to reply

raf7

Post by raf7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Pursuitofhappiness you are at the top in the queue of February applicants in this forum . I guess

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:50 pm

raf7 wrote:Pursuitofhappiness you are at the top in the queue of February applicants in this forum . I guess
I agree with RAF, being 22/02 yours must be fresh of the press waiting to be delivered.