ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality registration for UK born child - Now in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kumar Socrates
Newly Registered

Nationality registration for UK born child - Now in India

Post by Kumar Socrates » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:01 pm

I have recently received ILR. My daughter (3 years old) who is born in UK. She had Tier 2 dependent visa where the company is NO longer in list. Due to child care issues in UK she lives with my parent in India. We now want to bring her back to UK.
I am now confused, should I...
A. Go for nationality registration followed by British passport application from United Kingdom; Considering she is India and I'm in UK. Is option A possible? If so,
a. Can we apply by Post / Online (if possible)?
b. Can we apply via Council's Nationality Checking Service (NCS)? If so, NCS is asking her presence in the UK and her original passport.

B. Go for nationality registration followed by British passport application from INDIA; Considering she is India and I'm in UK. Is option B possible? If so,
a. Which form to complete?
b. Where and how to apply?
c. What is the total time it would take for her to get passport?

noajthan

Re: Nationality registration for UK born child - Now in Indi

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Kumar Socrates wrote:I have recently received ILR. My daughter (3 years old) who is born in UK. She had Tier 2 dependent visa where the company is NO longer in list. Due to child care issues in UK she lives with my parent in India. We now want to bring her back to UK.
I am now confused, should I...
A. Go for nationality registration followed by British passport application from United Kingdom; Considering she is India and I'm in UK. Is option A possible? If so,
a. Can we apply by Post / Online (if possible)?
b. Can we apply via Council's Nationality Checking Service (NCS)? If so, NCS is asking her presence in the UK and her original passport.

B. Go for nationality registration followed by British passport application from INDIA; Considering she is India and I'm in UK. Is option B possible? If so,
a. Which form to complete?
b. Where and how to apply?
c. What is the total time it would take for her to get passport?
Option A seems possible as it is similar to these cases:
british-citizenship/uk-born-baby-living ... d#p1146131

A child does not have to be present at NCS for interview;
under 6 years old there is no need for biometrics;
and, as a minor, the child will receive the registration certificate in the mail.

So a) by post & b) via NCS both appear viable options for you.

(Note: As per guide to MN1, child's BC can be submitted as evidence of identity)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:34 pm

She would need to be present here so that you can apply for nationality registration as she would need to submit the biometrics as part of application. The minors need not to submit the fingerprints but they are required to submit distal photograph as per new rules.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:41 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:...

The minors need not to submit the fingerprints but they are required to submit distal photograph as per new rules.
Fair point if it is now digital photos (since April).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.