ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration health Surcharge - not paid enough

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenourou
Newly Registered

immigration health Surcharge - not paid enough

Post by lenourou » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Dear Madam/ Sir,
I am contacting you because i am encountering a small problem.
I made an application for my wife and me for a Tier 2 visa “up to 3 years”. I paid the amount said by the system because i am asking for 1 year extension visa but i received a letter afterwards.
In this letter, i am asked to go to the website https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... eed-to-pay and pay the difference of amount (I didn’t pay enough according to the letter- £800 remaining corresponding at the two other years of the visa application for me and my wife).
I follow this link until they say “pay the healthcare surcharge” and I sign in and follow all the steps.
Unfortunately at the end the system says that I have to pay 400GBP , not the £800.
So i don’t know what to do? Is it any other way to do pay the remaining amount? Am i doing something wrong or should i do this “pay the healthcare surcharge” step several times until i reach the amount of 800GBP?
Thanks for your reply.
Best Regards.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: immigration health Surcharge - not paid enough

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Not sure as I have not yet paid Healthcare Surcharge(got visa before 6th April, 2015), but will try to answer you.
i think you need to pay £400 for yours and £400 for your wife (total of £800) separately. You can wait for expert's reply for the confirmation.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:27 am

HI,
Not sure why you were asking to paid £600 for three years when you asking for only one year visa. I think contact UKBA about it.

Also please update us as my extension is close as well and I will need around 1 year extension as well.

lenourou
Newly Registered

Post by lenourou » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:47 am

hey guys,
I call them and apparently they did a mistake with the online link they sent me, they sent me a new letter but still not working
Apparently even if we ask for one year renewal we have to pay for the three years visa and they will refund the two years money we don't apply for.
Basically because we are applying under a tier 2 visa up to 3 years. we have to pay the nhs for this 3 years and we hstay only one year they will refund us the two others years.
Hope it's clear for you guys. good luck with your applications. i will keep you update
R.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for update, will they refund after application processed or at the end of year? Not sure why they asking money for the years we don't apply for.

hereff
Newly Registered

Post by hereff » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 am

Hi, can you give update on this? It's happening to me too.

lenourou
Newly Registered

Post by lenourou » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:05 pm

hey guys,
Everything is fine now, i received the letter saying that my application was approved and i will have a partial refund if i am granted less than i pay (they don't specify when though!!).
So basically the link never work and contacting the e support team was pointless. i paid 400GBP twice to reach the 800GBP. So i received two numbers by email and i wrote a letter explaining everything and adding the two numbers.
If you have other questions i am more than happy to reply to all of you.
Regards

hereff
Newly Registered

Post by hereff » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:59 pm

lenourou wrote:hey guys,
Everything is fine now, i received the letter saying that my application was approved and i will have a partial refund if i am granted less than i pay (they don't specify when though!!).
So basically the link never work and contacting the e support team was pointless. i paid 400GBP twice to reach the 800GBP. So i received two numbers by email and i wrote a letter explaining everything and adding the two numbers.
If you have other questions i am more than happy to reply to all of you.
Regards
Hi, I have this problem too. Did you just make a new IHS application to complete the payment, or you need to do it through the existing IHS application?

I got a letter telling me that I didn't pay enough too, they gave me a link for me to log into the IHS portal, but there's no option for me to add more payment to my existing IHS, there's only option to make a new IHS application.

lenourou
Newly Registered

Post by lenourou » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:29 pm

hi,
yes i did a new IHS application to complete the payment. At the end the system will give you a number beginning by ils... . i wrote this number and add it to the letter i sent. I repeated this action twice in order to reach the outstanding amount they asked!
good luck

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks for update, Can you please let us know once you receive it so we can have idea how low it takes

hereff
Newly Registered

Post by hereff » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 am

lenourou wrote:hi,
yes i did a new IHS application to complete the payment. At the end the system will give you a number beginning by ils... . i wrote this number and add it to the letter i sent. I repeated this action twice in order to reach the outstanding amount they asked!
good luck
Thank you so much, that really helps. I just did the same thing, you're a lifesaver.

Sherisse1
Newly Registered

Told to make IHS payment of 0.00 but I am not exempt. Tier 2

Post by Sherisse1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Good Day,

Can someone assist. I applied online for a Tier 2 General and my application details were correct. I proceed to the IHS page which autopopulated the data and then I was told to make a payment of 0.00 and an IHS number was sent to my email. How is this possible. I should not have been exempt. I am unable to go back and amend as it says IHS payment complete. Can someone assist me? Would I be able to make payment separately via another medium?
P.S. I am applying from outside the UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:52 pm

I think the only reason this might happen is somewhere in the IHS page, it must have been Tier 2 ICT selected as they are exempt but still need the number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:46 pm

lenourou wrote:hi,
good luck

HI lenourou,

Have you received the refund?

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 am

Hello everyone. Pls I have almost the same problem as the Op. I made an FLR(M) application for my wife(UK based) last week and receive an acknowledgement letter, Letter for biometric registration and a letter stating that I've not paid th . full IHS fee. I paid £500 at the time but I've read somewhere that it's supposed to be £600 actually(for 33months).

Question is, what do we do next? We've got just 10days. How do we pay the extra £100? Shall I ring them? Pls I need help urgently?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:55 am

Answered in your other thread. £500 is correct. FLR(M) is issued for 2.5 years, not 33 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.