ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement (Spouse) Visa Timeline Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbeyroad30
Newly Registered

UK Settlement (Spouse) Visa Timeline Questions

Post by abbeyroad30 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello,

I am a US Citizen and married a UK Citizen last year. We plan to move to the UK soon and began the application process for my Spousal Settlement UK Visa. Here is the timeline so far:

-January 11th - completed online application
-January 26th - completed biometrics and mailed paper documents out
-January 28th - materials received at Sheffield office (non-priority application)
-February 6th - received an email saying my materials are ready for review by an entry clearance officer

I have not heard anything since February 6th. My concern is that on the uk.gov website the processing times for January are pretty quick! It said that 88% of settlement visas in January were completed within 15 business days. I haven't received an email stating that we had forgotten anything, but I haven't heard any updates with my application and am a little concerned of why we wouldn't be with the majority 88%.

Would this be due to the fact that priority applicants are being reviewed ahead of us? Also, if something were submitted wrong, would they have contacted us by now?

Any advice or tips you have would be great!

Thank you!

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Re: UK Settlement (Spouse) Visa Timeline Questions

Post by honeykmb18 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:26 pm

I applied from delhi on 15 jan 2015 still waiting but as far i know the settlement visa processing time all over is within 60 working days .. Just be patient everything will be ok , sometyms they do take abit of tym to make a decision

Best of luck

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Its hardly 4 weeks since your feb timeline, so another 4 weeks to go before you can start worrying! :)
In the meantime please have patience, as the website states if they need to contact you they will. So relax for a month.
How long it will take

A decision will be made:
within 8 weeks for postal applications
usually on the same day if you use the premium service

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
if your supporting documents need to be verified
if you need to attend an interview
because of your personal circumstances, eg if you have a criminal conviction

abbeyroad30
Newly Registered

Post by abbeyroad30 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Great- Thank you both! :)

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:43 pm

honeykmb18, OP's application is in-country (UK), hence 8 weeks for spouse visa for postal applications.

Yours and one of mine is out of country and it has standard 60 working days timeline without any priority route.

regards

helloitslisa
Newly Registered

Post by helloitslisa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:36 am

Hi abbeyroad30,

Your situation is very similar to mine and I am currently waiting for a decision on my spouse visa. It is so stressful! Have you heard back yet? If you have, how long did it end up taking until you got a decision? Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Ukagain_2015
Newly Registered

Post by Ukagain_2015 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:00 am

Me too waiting for my spouse visa its been 5 weeks over today...