ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General to ILR and a few more questions !

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mehreen

Tier2 General to ILR and a few more questions !

Post by Mehreen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi everyone!

My husband completes his five years on Tier 2 General(work permit) in October 2015. He's planning to apply for ILR then.
Does he need to show any maintenance for that?
Could you please give me a gist of documents he needs to submit?

Also I came to the UK in May 2013 as his dependant. So I am not on the 2 year route to ILR :(
If he gets his ILR which visa am I supposed to be on? I have a tier-2 dependant visa till October 2016.
Am I supposed to switch to any other category? And if Yes will my clock get reset to zero???

We have a baby who was born in the UK and is on the same dependent visa as me. Will she qualify for British citizenship after her dad gets ILR?

Thanks in advance!

Mehreen

Re: Tier2 General to ILR and a few more questions !

Post by Mehreen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Anyone????
Please?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm

We have a baby who was born in the UK and is on the same dependent visa as me. Will she qualify for British citizenship after her dad gets ILR?
Yes

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Mehreen wrote:Hi everyone!

My husband completes his five years on Tier 2 General(work permit) in October 2015. He's planning to apply for ILR then.
Does he need to show any maintenance for that?
Could you please give me a gist of documents he needs to submit?

Also I came to the UK in May 2013 as his dependant. So I am not on the 2 year route to ILR :(
If he gets his ILR which visa am I supposed to be on? I have a tier-2 dependant visa till October 2016.
Am I supposed to switch to any other category? And if Yes will my clock get reset to zero???

Thanks in advance!
No maintenance required. Check out the application for a list of required docs... Not a lot needed!

You can continue to extend your PBS dependent visa even after your spouse applies for ILR until you reach five years in the UK - assuming he is applying using SET (O). You don't have to swtich to FLR (M) as that would reset your clock.

Mehreen

Post by Mehreen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Thank you for your help :)