ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent visa for WIFE and child(born in india)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khaisar007
Newly Registered

ILR dependent visa for WIFE and child(born in india)

Post by khaisar007 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi Top Team,

I have question on dependent visa for wife and child in india.

At the moment I am on ILR(indefinite leave to remain Granted on April 2014).And I want to bring my wife and chlid to UK.

Both my dependents are in India and i have below questions.

1. Like to know under which visa category they need to apply visa? If you can share the visa category name will help.
2. Can my child directly apply for ILR dependent from india and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my child?
3. Can wife also apply as ILR dependent and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my wife also?
4. Does my wife need to satisfy the english language requirements?

Your reply will help me a lot.

Regards,
Khaisar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependent visa for WIFE and child(born in india)

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Has your wife been in the UK before as a dependent on your previous visa?

I will provide answers to your questions based on the assumption that she has not been in the UK as your visa dependent previously.
1. Like to know under which visa category they need to apply visa? If you can share the visa category name will help. Spouse (Settlement) Visa - VAF4A and Appendix FM and the child as dependent. You need to meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa or substantial savings.
2. Can my child directly apply for ILR dependent from india and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my child? Same form as for your wife and childs visa will be issued in line with your wife's visa and for the same duration. Yes, you have to pay the IHS Surcharge of £600.
3. Can wife also apply as ILR dependent and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my wife also? Yes, she can but please answer my first question above. Yes you will need to pay the IHS Surcharge for your wife @ £600.
4. Does my wife need to satisfy the english language requirements? Yes, English A1 from one of the approved test providers See Here (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your very quick reply.

Answer to your follow up question is..
My wife was in UK as my Tire 2 dependent for a brief period from Oct 2013 till March 2014. She went back to India in March 2014 and her Visa as Tire 2 dependent got expired in Dec 2014 and I got my ILR in April 2014.
Can you please guide me if your reply changes based on this answer?

Regards,
Khaisar

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:31 am

khaisar007 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your very quick reply.

Answer to your follow up question is..
My wife was in UK as my Tire 2 dependent for a brief period from Oct 2013 till March 2014. She went back to India in March 2014 and her Visa as Tire 2 dependent got expired in Dec 2014 and I got my ILR in April 2014.
Can you please guide me if your reply changes based on this answer?

Regards,
Khaisar
Her previous leave as a Tier 2 PBS dependent is not relevant to this application as it is expired and she is out of the UK.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks for reply. Its clear now.

One question...

in this scenario. when my wife and child becomes eligible for ILR and naturalisation?

Regards,
Khaisar Pasha Muhammed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:00 pm

They will need to have 5 years residence on the new visas before they can apply for ILR. Initial visa will be issued for 33 months and 28 days before expiry they will have to apply for a further extension for 2.5 years on FLR(M), meeting all the requirements again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks for reply.

akbar786
Newly Registered

Post by akbar786 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:24 pm

CR001 wrote:Has your wife been in the UK before as a dependent on your previous visa?

I will provide answers to your questions based on the assumption that she has not been in the UK as your visa dependent previously.
1. Like to know under which visa category they need to apply visa? If you can share the visa category name will help. Spouse (Settlement) Visa - VAF4A and Appendix FM and the child as dependent. You need to meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa or substantial savings.
2. Can my child directly apply for ILR dependent from india and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my child? Same form as for your wife and childs visa will be issued in line with your wife's visa and for the same duration. Yes, you have to pay the IHS Surcharge of £600.
3. Can wife also apply as ILR dependent and do i need to pay for NHS surcharge for my wife also? Yes, she can but please answer my first question above. Yes you will need to pay the IHS Surcharge for your wife @ £600.
4. Does my wife need to satisfy the english language requirements? Yes, English A1 from one of the approved test providers See Here (Click)

Hi. Can you please just clarify that only one form needs to be submitted for both Spouse and child? I don't need to submit a separate form for my son? Please reply at your earliest. Thanks a lot.