ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric query + application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theaviator380

Biometric query + application timeline

Post by theaviator380 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Hello All,

I have applied for the citizenship on 2nd June along with my wife and daughter. I applied through NCS, I received acknowledgment with my Case ID through an email on 16th June, fees were deducted from bank A/C on 24th June. Till date, I haven't received biometric invitation/letter. I was looking at the time for some other candidates here and kind of worried why I haven't received it yet.

Also my another question, as we are supposed to do biometric within 15 days upon receipt of the letter/invitation, what happens if that letter get's lost somewhere and doesn't reaches to me at all? I guess it's not signed for or recorded delivery? so what proof I have to show that I never received the letter in a first place? I know this is hypothetical scene but just curious to know what happens in this case?

Any one please?

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: Biometric query + application timeline

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

theaviator380 wrote:...

Also my another question, as we are supposed to do biometric within 15 days upon receipt of the letter/invitation, what happens if that letter get's lost somewhere and doesn't reaches to me at all? I guess it's not signed for or recorded delivery? so what proof I have to show that I never received the letter in a first place? I know this is hypothetical scene but just curious to know what happens in this case?

Any one please?

Thanks.
If you do not submit biometrics within the specified time you should get a second 'warning' letter with a further 10 days timeslot (from date of 2nd letter) in which to take the biometrics.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

theaviator380

Post by theaviator380 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks for reply.

Would you suggest me to email them and check whether they have issued me the letter and I haven't recieved it or it's under process?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 pm

theaviator380 wrote:Thanks for reply.

Would you suggest me to email them and check whether they have issued me the letter and I haven't recieved it or it's under process?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
It very rarely gets lost. So if you have not received a Biometric Enrollment letter yet then I'd request to be patient for a bit more time, this initiative was launched just a few months ago, so its possibly facing teething problems and will iron itself out soon. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

theaviator380

Post by theaviator380 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 pm

^ Thanks a lot, really appreciated, I received letter however there is another issue now, please I kindly request you to see my new post and advise.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 89779.html

Thanks.

Loughborough
Newly Registered

Post by Loughborough » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:49 am

I applied on 30th April. Got email on 28th May. Fee deducted on 20th June. Got biometric letters on 8th July dated 3rd July.

So I got biometric letters on the 18th day of fee deduction. But there is no set pattern... at least I could not observe one.

All the best.