ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA reply over Naturalization employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Universal soldier
BANNED

UKBA reply over Naturalization employment history

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:03 am

Good morning,
I just want to know that as since May a new section regarding employment history has been included in naturalizations form? What is the exact purpose of that section for UKBA caseworker and how about if the applicant does not remember the dates of its past employment since there is no requirements of employment for naturalization application? Moreover, whether the ukba caseworker will approach HMRC and past employers to verify the employment or is it better for applicant to attach his employment history after getting it from HRMC??
Regards

Dear Sir,

The questions on the application form help the caseworker to assess whether or not the applicant has met all of the requirements for citizenship, which include the good character requirement. This requirement is not restricted to the applicant's criminal history both inside and outside of the UK, but covers the history of their general behaviour, and whether or not they have complied with the requirements of other government departments during the whole of their time in the UK.

Where an applicant cannot provide details of their employment history, they should provide details of their tax history. Caseworkers may contact HMRC to verify the information submitted, but it is up to the applicant to ensure that they provide all of the required evidence to support their application, or it is likely to be refused.

Regards
Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy & Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Blue Zone, 1st Floor, The Capital | Liverpool | L39PP

chowkal

Re: UKBA reply over Naturalization employment history

Post by chowkal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 am

Hi
It appears HO is now looking into employmen history as well, with the new form. It is better you provide your emplyoment history, HO may cross check with HMRC. Try not leave it to them to approach HMRC
Hope this helps

Ta

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:34 am

As per my ordinary guess which can be wrong as well, the people who overstayed or had no leave then ukba is actually getting them themselves be admitting that they were working by asking payslips/p60 etc for such period. Although they were already be provided funds bank statement when extending visas in past as well as they also know that many overstays/no leave period in many occasions covers by section 3c but they actually not fully implementing that at naturalizations.
And I personally don't think this is to check number of hours being worked rather to check that whether the immigration status at that period allows the person to undertake work.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

hi,
what email address did you use?

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:11 pm

But does it good practice to forward them ourselves the employment history and source of finance which maintain us during time for which ukba may ask especially where you ukba was processing applications under section 3c?? Or be Solent but get ready until they ask?? :idea:

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:04 pm

I got my past 6 years employment history letter from HMRC today. I still don't remember the dates of my employment which i did in 2006. If i put the guess dates and HO checks with hmrc and finds them incorrect will that be considered as deception on my part?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:25 pm

March_LR14 wrote:I got my past 6 years employment history letter from HMRC today. I still don't remember the dates of my employment which i did in 2006. If i put the guess dates and HO checks with hmrc and finds them incorrect will that be considered as deception on my part?
It shouldn't. Just include a explanatory comment under the additional information section stating your past employment dates may not be exact & are approximate from memory.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:28 pm

I don't know that whether is it suitable to attach employment history but again repeating what I guess that they don't care where you work. They try to locate your weak immigration history in past and then ask as how you support yourself during that period and if you have no right of work then under good character they will refuse. Maybe they preferring that applicant itself admit his guilt without they even refer HMRC. That's what I guess.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:36 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:I got my past 6 years employment history letter from HMRC today. I still don't remember the dates of my employment which i did in 2006. If i put the guess dates and HO checks with hmrc and finds them incorrect will that be considered as deception on my part?
It shouldn't. Just include a explanatory comment under the additional information section stating your past employment dates may not be exact & are approximate from memory.
Many Thanks for reply, I have received past 6 years employment history letter from hmrc yesterday and i have found job contract for a job i did in 2007.

I have searched my all documents and also called my previous employer but they said they don't keep employee records for more than 3 years after the cease of employment so they don't have any record of me working for them.

Only option for me is to guess the dates and explain in additional section.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

You don't even need to guess the dates. Just put the month and year. I spoke to UKBA and they said that month and year will do if you csnt remember the dates. State that in covering letter.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:58 am

Hi
How did you apply for your employment history and does it tell you
Info about tax paid and all employers you work for and times you were self employed
As I need mine from 2005
Please advice

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 am

I am in a same boat as not sure what dates should i write. I dont mind providing my employment history as I worked part time all my student term times. I do have my p60s to cover 2005 and 2006 period the earnings shown is equivalent to partime averaging between 700 - 800 a month before tax. Also I was doing two jobs for about 3 months after i submitted my final dessertation and was waiting for my result.
For my understanding working on student visa is permissable and doesnt equates to illegal working. The problem will only occur when ones visa was expired and was not sent for renewal in time as that invalidates your rights untill the decision is made on the application.
Also the student visa conditions were different before April 2011 e.g. Limit on the working hours, my point is if HO is checking hours then they need to consider the rules as per each case.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

We need more and more experiences of members who has been asked further documents/information over that topic in order to resolve that mystery. Not 2011 but before points system 2009 the students rules were very different than afterwards. In my guess its not to check hours being worked rather they detect any overstaying period (where no visa or section 3c/3d) where applicant has no work right in past.

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Agree!! ✅
Also my apologies for daft question. Are you referring to Sec 3C & 3D of guide AN1??

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:44 pm

imi99999 wrote:
Hi
How did you apply for your employment history and does it tell you
Info about tax paid and all employers you work for and times you were self employed
As I need mine from 2005
Please advice
Hi,

I called HMRC on 0300 200 3300 and requested them for my employment history. Be prepared to wait for upto an hour before they answer your call.

HMRC only has upto 5-6 years history at their computer system. They will send you that in 10 working days. For anything before that you have to write HMRC record retrieval department and that can take months.

Regards

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi

Well they've only asked for 10 years of employment history not before that I got my WP in 2007 and hopefully will apply for my British citizenship next year due to points on my license.

I came to UK in the year 2003 as a student but if I apply for next year for my citizenship I don't have to worry prior to 2007 any ways cause it'll cover my 10 years of work history any ways.

I've almost all the p60s available from my previous employment do you think is it worth enclosing them along with my application form.

It says clearly that your application will not refused on the basis of your employment don't know why they're asking for it.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 am

I really dont know what was their intention to add such question. What is it to do with good character? they just make life more difficult day by day. Also, they can easily reach HMRC and check everything. what is the purpose of asking applicant? and why 10 years?

I did not work for periods of my visa so it is a sign of bad character?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:32 pm

samira_uk wrote:I really dont know what was their intention to add such question. What is it to do with good character? they just make life more difficult day by day. Also, they can easily reach HMRC and check everything. what is the purpose of asking applicant? and why 10 years?

I did not work for periods of my visa so it is a sign of bad character?
The beginning of this same thread answers most of your question:
british-citizenship/ukba-reply-over-nat ... l#p1204696

HO can only crosscheck & verify with HMRC for legal & declared working.
Applicants are also expected to disclose material facts & confirm (by signing the the declaration) that they have made no false representations nor concealed material facts.

Employment is not a condition of naturalisation & not working will not be interpreted as "bad character";
on a lighter note, If it was how would people working as <enter profession of your choice to be ridiculed> ever get naturalised :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jasonyu1983
Newly Registered

Post by jasonyu1983 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

I still can't get my head around the point of self-declaration of the employment. HO should contact HMRC themselves.

DAC000

Post by DAC000 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:09 am

jasonyu1983 wrote:I still can't get my head around the point of self-declaration of the employment. HO should contact HMRC themselves.
I'd bet that by having applicants state employment history Home Office can then ask about periods of unemployment. This would lead to queries about how did an applicant support themselves during gaps. Seems as through if they can raise legitimate questions about periods of cash employment good character could be questioned.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:37 pm

DAC000 wrote:
jasonyu1983 wrote:I still can't get my head around the point of self-declaration of the employment. HO should contact HMRC themselves.
I'd bet that by having applicants state employment history Home Office can then ask about periods of unemployment. This would lead to queries about how did an applicant support themselves during gaps. Seems as through if they can raise legitimate questions about periods of cash employment good character could be questioned.
I would disagree here - any periods of gaps in employment could have been supported by family funding AND applicant is not supposed to keep evidence of that funding for 10 years. I believe they are carrying random checks on applicants and match what applicant had declared at different stages of his/her route to ILR. If considerable discrepancies are found in what applicant declared in AN form compared to records with HMRC & applicant history maintained by UKVI, HO would use that as excuse to raise questions based on good character.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:41 am

How about if a person doing 2 zero hour part time jobs then should the both need to write or one. If two jobs then where the 2nd job should write??

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:36 pm

I will humbly request the members that don't open multiple new threads about naturalization employment history because why not we all share our experiences, thoughts, solutions about this dilemma in an organized manner under one thread to know it in fullest level while using very gentle and friendly (non-controversial) language. We can make base that thread for this purpose.

naresh25
Newly Registered

Post by naresh25 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Hello,

Can a senior member / Gurus help me out in filling Application form for Naturalisation.

As I am using May 2015 version form there is a section for Employment history of previous 10 years.

I dont have the exact information of dates, so i had contacted HMRC and they were able to provide me details for the past 6 years and they said that they dont keep records before that.

What should i do now as i remember the Employers where i had worked but not the dates and years and also during my Student period i had worked various number of places (temporary jobs for a week or month...) which i do not remember everything that i had worked 9 years ago.

Can some one please help me out in this matter as i had to get Naturalisation done inorder to continue in my job.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Firstly thanks for opening this thread up,...

Naresh --- I think you can try bank account Statements (online)..Just give them month and year..in the extra information write to them that this what I can remember...

Questions is if HMRC doesn't have information for period before 6 years, whom are they going to cross check the accuracy beyond 6 years...????