ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reason for the delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leis

Reason for the delay

Post by Leis » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi friends,

I am also like one of you waiting for the outcome of my application. There are many involved in processing the application. It varies person to person, application by application, their circumstances etc. We just can not simply think from our application date. The case workers are totally busy/confused/overloaded. Apart from that the application forms are changing quite often, fees are changing. These all make them to consider the application carefully. If something goes wrong they are answerable to their supervisors.
Beyond that they have to get the feedback on the applicants from different sources like HMRC, DBS tc...
Even if they delayed our applications will be delayed. The case worker may go on holidays/change job etc. These all small things may affect our applications. Thy do not bother about anything because they have 6 months time minimum still can go over that. No body can question them!
All of us definitely can say that our applications are 100% straight forward
Still somebody from last year also waiting till now. After all that w must have some luck. So we will wait patiently until we get the reply from UKVI.

We wish for the approvals
We regret for the refusals
We pray for ours

Because stress makes our health and life worse. At least we have ILR, still many are struggling to get ILR. So w can have confidence and enjoy the present life

Goodluck to all

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Reason for the delay

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Quite a heartfelt post, but I fail to see any question? :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 pm

One day in greed of money the ukba may allow naturalization application through same day window service like 10 years based ILR. :) :wink:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 pm

I doubt it.

Quite apart from the fact that it the Home Office and not the UKV&I that is in charge of citizenship (citizenship is not a part of the immigration process, which ends at ILR/PR), the grant of nationality has implications in international law (taking responsibility for people internationally, being the country they get deported to if they are thrown out of other countries, etc). ILR & PR have effect only domestically (within the UK) and the former can be revoked far more easily than citizenship.

Granting of citizenship is not something that would be or should be done in a hurry, least of all two hours in a PEO. It is a country and a prospective citizen committing to each other for the foreseeable future.