ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

approval letter but no invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakhtoon 1
Newly Registered

approval letter but no invitation letter

Post by pakhtoon 1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:29 am

I have got my approval letter today but I haven't got my invitation letter..It says wait for 2 weeks...should I contact my local council

bestshow

Re: approval letter but no invitation letter

Post by bestshow » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:08 am

I am in the same boat, and what I understand is we have to wait for the invitation letter even if the council have our certificates, as we have to attend the ceremony with the invitation letter, so we have to wait up to 14 days from the date on the approval letter.
British Citizen

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

You don't need to. just call up council and ask them to book the ceremony. They will only book it if they have your certificate.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:55 pm

My wife got council letter before approval letter, which came two days after council letter. But I had already booked private ceremony at the receipt of council letter. So they can come before or after each other. Not to worry, just book ceremony, and congratulations. :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

bestshow wrote:I am in the same boat, and what I understand is we have to wait for the invitation letter even if the council have our certificates, as we have to attend the ceremony with the invitation letter, so we have to wait up to 14 days from the date on the approval letter.
I got it this morning dated 09/07/2015 : )

hope you got it too mate.
British Citizen

pakhtoon 1
Newly Registered

Post by pakhtoon 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:17 am

Finally got my invitation letter.17/7/15 (dated..10/7/15) :D ..private ceremony booked for Monday :D ...Thanks and good luck everyone

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi all,

I have received my approval on 10 sept , dated 8th Sept. I have not received my invitation letter yet. It will be 14 days tomorrow. Already called council and they have said that I cannot book the ceremony until unless I have my invitation letter. Any suggestions please ?