ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK travel but need advice before travelling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

UK travel but need advice before travelling

Post by umbro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 am

Hi all, firstly thanks all of you to work on such amazing forum.
I just created my account and hope to get a good advice from all of you. I already found some info on my query but every case is different from others.
I am non eu and living in east Europe with my spouse and kids, married 6 years ago, I don’t have EU PR yet but limited remain to leave.
we are planning to go to the UK (on short break) in first week of August but without any F and get entry code 1A stamp at airport, I already inquired with couple of airlines carrier , and got answer that I should only carry valid passport with me. I hope it will work with me??
On other hand, I got FP last year but now it’s expired, what do you people advice me to take such risk??
I will take docs with me to show at UK’s port, but frankly, I don’t want to get any tension with kids at airport either here at my home or UK.
Any helpful advice should be appreciated.
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: UK travel but need advice before travelling

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:09 pm

You can apply free EEA family permit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks sheraz7 for info,
I have idea for free FP but unfortunately there is no visa centre in my residence country so I have to travel to neighbour country and its take time and cost too. FP is free but associated cost is around 200 quid for me, as its peak time so ticket cost also going up with every day.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:50 pm

You need to apply online.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Ya apply online but need to go for biometric personally, and spend couple of nights at hotel if they agree to issue visa in 48 hrs otherwise come back home and and later again send passport by courier to visa issue on it.

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Umbro!

In the past I got this stamp travelling without FP.
I was traveling with my wife who already was a resident in the UK. So I needed to show the paperwork not only about marriage but also that she is working in the UK.
At the end it went OK, took me about 15 min or so to explain and show documents and I got entry clearance.

I think as long as airline agrees to board you on the plane it should be fine.

May I ask you what airlines did you speak with who agreed to board you on the plane without FP? I have created a separate thread to discuss experience of different airlines. http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 89699.html

umbro
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by umbro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:39 pm

thanks for in put,
well,my wife is with me and we all planning to trvel to gether.
I got answer from wizz air and ryan air, but no idea how their staff will act on airport.