ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ILR - Dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pulok.paul
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ILR - Dependant

Post by pulok.paul » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Dear Experts,

I need your assistance on below points. I would really appreciate any comment on below.

I am on Tier 1 General visa and will be applying for ILR in the month of Aug 2015. My wife is currently on dependant visa. While I apply for ILR in the month of Aug 2015, my wife will not be eligible for ILR as she joined me in the UK on Dec 2013.

I will be extremely thankful if you address my below questions,

1. Under which Visa catagory I need apply for my wife's extension considering she is not eligible for ILR?
2. Can I apply for my wife's extension along with my ILR application? Or do I need to first apply for me first and after successful completion of my visa, I need to apply for my wife?

3. How long will my wife should be applying for her dependant visa. I would assume she might get for 3 to 4 years of extension to make her eligible for ILR?
Is there any UKBA rule book which clarifies this?

Pulock

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 ILR - Dependant

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 am

1. She can continue to extend on PBS Dependent form Here (Click), PBS Dependent Policy Guidance (Click) and Caseworker Guide/Instruction (Click)

2. Yes, you can apply in person on the same day. Book her appointment separate from yours, a couple of hours later.

3. Probably 3 years extension

She will also have to pay the IHS Surcharge, £600 for 3 year extension, see Here (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:37 pm

pulok.paul wrote:Dear Experts,

I need your assistance on below points. I would really appreciate any comment on below.

I am on Tier 1 General visa and will be applying for ILR in the month of Aug 2015. My wife is currently on dependant visa. While I apply for ILR in the month of Aug 2015, my wife will not be eligible for ILR as she joined me in the UK on Dec 2013.

I will be extremely thankful if you address my below questions,

1. Under which Visa catagory I need apply for my wife's extension considering she is not eligible for ILR?
2. Can I apply for my wife's extension along with my ILR application? Or do I need to first apply for me first and after successful completion of my visa, I need to apply for my wife?

3. How long will my wife should be applying for her dependant visa. I would assume she might get for 3 to 4 years of extension to make her eligible for ILR?
Is there any UKBA rule book which clarifies this?

Pulock

Hi
your and mine case is same but the extension will be only 3 years i never heard that HO will grant the visa 4 years
she will hv complete her 5 years for the route for ILR

any senior member will advice

pulok.paul
Newly Registered

Post by pulok.paul » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Really appreciate it. Many thanks

pulok.paul
Newly Registered

Post by pulok.paul » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Dear Experts,

I have one more query on this.

Can I apply for my wife's dependant visa extension with the ILR approval letter rather than BRP card.
The reason I am asking this question - I intend to apply for my ILR application and dependant visa extension for my wife on the same day and that is only possible if UKBA accept ILR approval letter for my wife's dependant visa extension.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Pulock

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:40 pm

If you are applying for both on the same day, book your wife's appointment for a couple of hours after yours. They will have a record of your ILR application but it should not be any issue at all to extend her PBS Dependent visa on the same day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Post by LondonerIndian » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 am

Hello CR001/Vinny/Mods/Seniors,

I am in a similar situation. I have been granted ILR this month (I was on Tier 1 (G) prior). My wife joined me in March 2013 so, she will be eligible for ILR only by 2018. I will have to apply for her PBS dependent extension in the month of December next year when her current leave under Tier 1 (G) dependent expires. My questions are - in her application for both PBS dependent (Dec 2016) & ILR applicaiton (March 2018):

1) Do I need to show maintenance fund for three months prior to her application?
2) Do I need to earn/show my income like I did for my earlier Tier 1 extension? As I am a contractor & If I am not in any contract will it affect my wife's application?

Please accept my apologies if these things have been discussed earlier. I would be really glad if you can shed some light on these above questions.

Thanks in advance!!

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 am

LondonerIndian wrote:Hello CR001/Vinny/Mods/Seniors,

I am in a similar situation. I have been granted ILR this month (I was on Tier 1 (G) prior). My wife joined me in March 2013 so, she will be eligible for ILR only by 2018. I will have to apply for her PBS dependent extension in the month of December next year when her current leave under Tier 1 (G) dependent expires. My questions are - in her application for both PBS dependent (Dec 2016) & ILR applicaiton (March 2018):

1) Do I need to show maintenance fund for three months prior to her application?
For PBS dependent extension - yes and for ILR - No
2) Do I need to earn/show my income like I did for my earlier Tier 1 extension? As I am a contractor & If I am not in any contract will it affect my wife's application?
No you dont need to show any income and it wont effect your wife's application if you are out of a contract

Please accept my apologies if these things have been discussed earlier. I would be really glad if you can shed some light on these above questions.

Thanks in advance!!

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Yes u hv to show maintance funds for pbs dep , and no need to show same earning because pbs requirements only mataninace funds only

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Post by LondonerIndian » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks for your valuable input guys!!

pulok.paul
Newly Registered

Post by pulok.paul » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:53 pm

never wrote:Yes u hv to show maintance funds for pbs dep , and no need to show same earning because pbs requirements only mataninace funds only
Dear Experts

For PBS dependant Visa extension which all documents I have to submit.

I know I need to submit proof of maintenance of fund
what are the other documents I have to submit?

Many thanks