ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions 2.4-2.5

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabi28
Newly Registered

Questions 2.4-2.5

Post by gabi28 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 am

Hello,

I would be grateful if anyone could explain me how to fill/answer the 2.4-2.5 questions of AN form.
Both these questions asks to provide the evidence of excercising
treaty rights and lawful residence for the last 6 years. So this is where this confusion arises-I am EU national, and became permanent resident automatically in 2011, after that as far as I am aware I became free of any immigration controls and was not oblidged to exercise treaty rights, so basically I am holding PR status for 4 years now.
Is it possible to just skip those questions and explain that I obtained my PR in 2011, and just send the evidence of qualifying continuos 5 year residence, or what?
Thanks for the answers

gabi28
Newly Registered

Re: Questions 2.4-2.5

Post by gabi28 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Anyone...?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:04 pm

I cannot answer your question but please be patient, someone will respond to you when they are able to. It is Sunday after all and we do have families and other commitments aside from the free advice we offer here on the forum in our own time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gabi28
Newly Registered

Post by gabi28 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:I cannot answer your question but please be patient, someone will respond to you when they are able to. It is Sunday after all and we do have families and other commitments aside from the free advice we offer here on the forum in our own time.
thanks for the aknowledgement

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:42 pm

gabi28 wrote:Hello,

I would be grateful if anyone could explain me how to fill/answer the 2.4-2.5 questions of AN form.
Both these questions asks to provide the evidence of excercising
treaty rights and lawful residence for the last 6 years. So this is where this confusion arises-I am EU national, and became permanent resident automatically in 2011, after that as far as I am aware I became free of any immigration controls and was not oblidged to exercise treaty rights, so basically I am holding PR status for 4 years now.
Is it possible to just skip those questions and explain that I obtained my PR in 2011, and just send the evidence
of qualifying continuos 5 year residence, or what?
Thanks for the answers
I also think that it would be great if anyone could answer this question, the form is rather confusing as it is aimed at those who are applying after 6 years of residence. Question 2.4 asks to fill in on what basis you were in the UK in the last 6 years so they can see if you were excercising treaty rights for continous period...what about those who gained PR more than one year ago, but decided to apply for BC now. It looks like it is being suggested that EU national who already got his PR status and is free of any immigration controls has again to continously excercise these treaty rights 6 years before applying.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Yes, you either provide a PR card if you have one or proof of exercising treaty rights in the UK for a continuous 5 year period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 am

Amber wrote:Yes, you either provide a PR card if you have one or proof of exercising treaty rights in the UK for a continuous 5 year period.
Hey, thanks for your response, however, it is confusing where to show that 5 year period in the form, as, for example, my 5 year period was 2005-2010, but in the section 2.4 you are asked to provide on what base you were in UK in the past 6 years, so my continuos period was not in the past 6 years, this is why it is confusing, how to fill in those questions, because if I fill in my past 6 years for them to decide if I had excersiced my EU rights continously, they would decide that I hadn't as the past 6 years have some gaps in my employment, so how do you show them in the form that you lived lawfully in UK for a relevant 5 year period? Just to ignore the "past 6 years" part?

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:07 pm

I have just called the Home office and was told that 5 years of continous residency should be shown in section 2.5 starting with the most recent one , so in my case it would be 2010-2005...
So everything is so much clearer now, as I thought "the most recent one" meant my current employment, but it actually means the most recent activity of the relevant 5 year period during which I excercised my treaty rights.

gabi28
Newly Registered

Post by gabi28 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:50 am

Amber wrote:Yes, you either provide a PR card if you have one or proof of exercising treaty rights in the UK for a continuous 5 year period.
It's not what my question was about :roll:

gabi28
Newly Registered

Post by gabi28 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:50 am

mojo78 wrote:
Hey, thanks for your response, however, it is confusing where to show that 5 year period in the form, as, for example, my 5 year period was 2005-2010, but in the section 2.4 you are asked to provide on what base you were in UK in the past 6 years, so my continuos period was not in the past 6 years, this is why it is confusing, how to fill in those questions, because if I fill in my past 6 years for them to decide if I had excersiced my EU rights continously, they would decide that I hadn't as the past 6 years have some gaps in my employment, so how do you show them in the form that you lived lawfully in UK for a relevant 5 year period? Just to ignore the "past 6 years" part?
Exactly

gabi28
Newly Registered

Post by gabi28 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:52 am

mojo78 wrote:I have just called the Home office and was told that 5 years of continous residency should be shown in section 2.5 starting with the most recent one , so in my case it would be 2010-2005...
So everything is so much clearer now, as I thought "the most recent one" meant my current employment, but it actually means the most recent activity of the relevant 5 year period during which I excercised my treaty rights.
At last, an answer I was looking for, many thanks!