ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General with grace period gap and eligibility for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anishvarghese
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General with grace period gap and eligibility for ILR

Post by anishvarghese » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:15 am

Hi,

I came to UK on Tier 2 General Visa in Mar 2011, and I will be eligible for ILR in Feb 2016. In between, I change 3 companies / Sponsorship's in UK.
Company 1 - from Mar 2011 to Oct 2012
Company 2 - from Oct 2012 to Aug 2013
Company 3 - from Oct 2013 to Jun 2015

My job with my last employer (Company 3 above) is completed on 2nd Jun 2015, and on the same day they informed UKBA for cancellation of my CoS. I got another job now and the employer is willing to sponsor me. However I can apply for Tier 2 General visa only on 15th Aug 2015.

Please clarify on below queries:
1. I didn't receive my curtailment letter yet from UKBA. I came to know that I can legally stay for 60 days in UK from the day i receive the curtailment letter. Is this True? If not till when I can stay legally in UK.
2. If I apply for Tier 2 General Visa on 15th Aug 2015 through my new employer. Then will I still be eligible for ILR in Feb 2016, as the gap between my last day at previous employer ( i.e., 2nd Jun 2015) and applying to new CoS (i.e., 15th Aug 2015) is more than 60 days.

Could you please clarify me with these queries.

Regards,
Anish