ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help: delivery time to India(chennai) by Airmail

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rose123
Newly Registered

Please help: delivery time to India(chennai) by Airmail

Post by rose123 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:59 am

According to Home Office, my docs are despached on 6th of Sep.
But i didn't receive my docs yet.
Is there anyone's docs despatched on the same date to India (Chennai)?
Could anyone please tell me how long max time will take to reach India(Chennai) by Airmail.

vinnu26
Newly Registered

Post by vinnu26 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 am

Hello,
Mine was approved and sent by airmail on 14 sept 2007 to Hyderebad. But I haven't recieved yet till now. I browsed through royal mail site and it seems they will use the local postal services of the respective country when they delivar things to other countries. And it also mentions that it will take 25 days in worst case to delivar the things.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... d=15500190

so I think the best way is to contact the near by local post office and enquire about your courier. It might happen that the postman came and nobody was there to collect the courier,in that case your courier might be lying in the local post office itself. The same thing I am going to do it tomorrow.

Good luck

Thanks,
vinnu

vinnu26
Newly Registered

Post by vinnu26 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi,
Just now I recived the courier and got all of my documents with the approval letter.

If you haven't recieved yet please check with the nearest local post office.

Thanks,
Vinnu

vivekrb
Newly Registered

Delaying documents

Post by vivekrb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:42 am

Hi rose123,
did you receive your documents.I am also having the same issue.My documents were sent by 9th Aug.but still i am waiting for the documents.I am in chennai.while enquiring over the phone from home office they said that it will take upto 12 weeks.After then only they said that they can investigate on that.
--vivekrb

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:26 am

mine too was dispatched on 14 sept and i received it on 21st sept via airmail

a week normally

Chirping_Bird
Newly Registered

Re: Delaying documents

Post by Chirping_Bird » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am

vivekrb wrote:Hi rose123,
did you receive your documents.I am also having the same issue.My documents were sent by 9th Aug.but still i am waiting for the documents.I am in chennai.while enquiring over the phone from home office they said that it will take upto 12 weeks.After then only they said that they can investigate on that.
--vivekrb
Hi Vivek,
Even mine is delayed. Everyday passes by with anticipation. My documents were posted to me on 31/08/2007. It is close to 4 weeks now and no news about where my documents are.. I have confirmed with home office that the documents have been despatched.
I am going to verify with local post office today. Please keep me posted on ur progress. Any other chaps with similar problems... please share ur experience as well.
Cheers
CB.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:02 am

I got a mail from HO saying my letter and documents have already been dispatched to my destination address in chennai. Any one know how long it takes for delivery by airmail from HO to chennai (india) addresses. I request people who have got their letters and documents by airmail to chennai to tell the time it ook to reach. WIll be helpful for all members.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:16 am

Anyone who appied from chennai India, can you please reply.

vivekrb
Newly Registered

traced my documents

Post by vivekrb » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi,
finally i got a mail from home office saying that it returned saying the address does not exist.I arranged a courier pickup via mbe.Mostly i will get in the next two days.
--vivekrb

vivekrb
Newly Registered

address written in strange way

Post by vivekrb » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi,
postman redirected the document since it had the name addressed wrong.I.e in place of my name -my father name was there and in place of my father name they put the initials of my name.so the postman returned it saying no such person is existing.its really strange.
--vivekrb

1400 Years

Re: Delaying documents

Post by 1400 Years » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:17 am

Hi Vivek,
Even mine is delayed. Everyday passes by with anticipation. My documents were posted to me on 31/08/2007. It is close to 4 weeks now and no news about where my documents are.. I have confirmed with home office that the documents have been despatched.
I am going to verify with local post office today. Please keep me posted on ur progress. Any other chaps with similar problems... please share ur experience as well.
Cheers
CB.
yep; mine delayed too.

the last time my packet reached me in 10 days via airmail. this time, they sent my documents on 14 september, and i haven't received them yet ... and i'm completely at sea about what to do - whether to go ahead with my resignation at my workplace or not ... whether to admit my daughter in a school or not ... whether to buy a car now or not ... whether to use up my money to pay off long-pending debts or not after all ... etc etc ... and then there's the EC issue to grapple with too once (and if???) the documents arrive ...

and our despatch dates don't fall within the postal strike time.

thus far, i had always received my ordinarily airmailed mail from uk within ten days ... but once when i sent a precious airline document from uk (when i was there) it never reached home ... and the royal mail were 'extremely sorry but the matter has now been investigated' and something to the effect of nothing can be done about it was written in their letter.

so ... whatever can be said now ... :-P

sorry to panic and to perhaps spread it ... but i needed to bring it out of me ... i'm hopeful you'd understand.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:04 pm

Any one from chennai who applied for hsmp plz keep updating if you have rxed docs nas this will help to reduce anxiety levels of lot of hsmp aspirants from chennai.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:52 am

Yet another round of strikes is planned by royal mail from 15th oct. I think it is going to take months bfor I receive my papers. It is so unfortunate that home office is not using a mail delivery that can be tracked. 400 pounds is worth for atleast a mail delivery that can be tracked.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:08 am

Hey guys....This is to let yoi know that I got my HSMP letter and documents via AIRMAIL. So Airmail that are posted by 3rd oct or before that is not affected by postal strike :-)

Chirping_Bird
Newly Registered

Post by Chirping_Bird » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:54 am

congrats dude! I am still waiting with little hopes expecting to be falling in the same case as Vivekrb and hoping that the HSMP team might contact me. In the mean time trying to arrange duplicate copies of my originals which were lost.

Vivek... can u confirm when HSMP team originally posted ur document and when it was returned back to them saying as not delivered. Just the time intervals will give me some idea and hopes. Can you please reply.

Just FYI... mine was originally posted to me from UK on 31/08/2007.

Please hlp.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:51 am

any news about your packet, chirping_bird?

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:54 am

Any news Chirping_Bird, I hope it all goes well to you

Regards

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Airmail from Britain is not good like it used to be - you better off using company like MBE

Chirping_Bird
Newly Registered

Post by Chirping_Bird » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 am

Nopes... now that my 12 weeks are over. I will be requesting for a reprint. This time I will opt for a courier service. It has been a pain getting all the documents/certificates reissued
:-(

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Arranging the pickup through MBE Sheffield is explained at this link.
Just have a look.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/arr ... ments.html
Cheers
Paul