ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ram001
Newly Registered

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

Post by Ram001 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:50 am

Hi All,

I have done some research and in the form you need to choose that your

1) Wife is applying alone.
2) Enter details of yur Wife
3) in the Visa Route Select Settlement
4) VISA type as Wife
5) and Click on Calculate and you will get the £600 Sum.

Because you are already setled as ILR and she is applying alone to join you.

I am not sure if this is correct, but for me it seems to be.

Thanks
Ram

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:15 am

I thought I was the only one with this query but now I know I'm not alone!! Its utterly confusing.

I actually paid for the IHS already as I was desperate and I also read somewhere that a refund will be made if we overpay, so I am not that worried.. I entered my supposed own visa expiration date, and I also entered his details as the Main applicant, and mine as the Lead applicant.

I really hope this is correct!!!

Karthick
Newly Registered

Post by Karthick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:36 am

Hi Ram,

Even i tried the same way. But there is no option to choose that the person is joining someone in UK. So, couldnt confirm that its correct or not. :(

Karthick.B

Ram001 wrote:Hi All,

I have done some research and in the form you need to choose that your

1) Wife is applying alone.
2) Enter details of yur Wife
3) in the Visa Route Select Settlement
4) VISA type as Wife
5) and Click on Calculate and you will get the £600 Sum.

Because you are already setled as ILR and she is applying alone to join you.

I am not sure if this is correct, but for me it seems to be.

Thanks
Ram

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:57 am

Karthick wrote: IF we give the actual VISA expiry date (for example in my case its 2024).
Then the amount to be paid is 1900£ which is not correct.
If your visa expiry is 2014 and that's what you put, then that £1,900 is correct. How have you got a 9/10 year visa?

If the visa applied for is for 30 months, then it will be £500.

If the visa applied for is for 33 months, then it will be £600.

If the visa applied for is for 60 months, then it will be £1,000
Last edited by Petaltop on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:04 am

verityrose wrote:I thought I was the only one with this query but now I know I'm not alone!! Its utterly confusing.

I actually paid for the IHS already as I was desperate and I also read somewhere that a refund will be made if we overpay, so I am not that worried.. I entered my supposed own visa expiration date, and I also entered his details as the Main applicant, and mine as the Lead applicant.

Hi Verityrose,

Thanks for that informaiton, can you please let me know what is the VISA Type you have choosen for the main applicant (as your Husband VISA status is ILR and that option is not available to select)?

Thanks in Advance

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Ram001 wrote:
verityrose wrote:I thought I was the only one with this query but now I know I'm not alone!! Its utterly confusing.

Hi Verityrose,

Thanks for that informaiton, can you please let me know what is the VISA Type you have choosen for the main applicant (as your Husband VISA status is ILR and that option is not available to select)?

Thanks in Advance

Hi, I can't remember but it is settlement, then husband.

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks Verityrose

Chandu4u
Newly Registered

Post by Chandu4u » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:17 am

Hi Everyone,

It’s exactly the same with me. I got my ILR last September which is valid for 10 years; I need to apply for my wife's visa from India this may. After completing the health surcharges form it is mounting to 190000 (INR).

Can anyone please confirm
1) Do I need to pay health surcharges for my wife's visa?
2) If yes, then how much?
3) Can I pay it at VFS office or should I pay online only.

Lastly, it deeply hurts me and completely annoying to see how UKBA imposing charges on immigrants. I pay ridiculous amount of taxes, the tax is more then what a UK citizen pay - Disappointing.

Now the overall visa fee will be 95000 + 190000 = 285000 (INR) approximately £3200... Such a shame

Thanks,
Chandu

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Chandu,

I don't think you will pay more then the duration of your wife's visa. I think the guidance is not properly defined. I think the correct option would be to select the applying as alone(I mean only the lead applicant). Then that will give you the correct amount. This is what I have used.

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 am

Edited
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

antrad

Post by antrad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Am a British citizen and have to pay for my wife's Health surcharge. My question is, where i.e, in which application should I reference the IHS number once I've completed my payment?

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:38 am

antrad wrote:Am a British citizen and have to pay for my wife's Health surcharge. My question is, where i.e, in which application should I reference the IHS number once I've completed my payment?
Hi,

U should write the IHS reference number on the printout of the online application(cover page) form if you wife is applying from outside the UK. Otherwise on the cover page of the paper application form.

Thx

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 am

antrad wrote:Am a British citizen and have to pay for my wife's Health surcharge. My question is, where i.e, in which application should I reference the IHS number once I've completed my payment?
This the information I got in the email after payment

If you want to come to the UK

Finish your visa application and write your IHS reference number on the front page.

If you want to remain in the UK

Finish your immigration application. Write your IHS reference number on the cover sheet if you're applying online, or in the application form if you're applying by post.

antrad

Post by antrad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Thank you Ram001, appreciate your help. Yes, found out ourselves after paying for the Health surcharge. Wish it was clearly mentioned at the start of the registration and payment process. Would have caused little less panic!!

Karthick
Newly Registered

Post by Karthick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 am

Hi ram,

Finally, how much did you pay? £600 or £1900. I am planning to pay this week.

Thanks.
Karthick

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Karthick wrote:Hi ram,

Finally, how much did you pay? £600 or £1900. I am planning to pay this week.

Thanks.
Karthick
I paid £600.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:50 am

PLEASE HELP GUYS
'U should write the IHS reference number on the printout of the online application(cover page) form if you wife is applying from outside the UK. Otherwise on the cover page of the paper application form'

MY WIFE HAS PRINTED OUT HER FORM BUT THERE IS NO BOX TO FILL THE IHS REFERENCE NUMBER....EVENTHOUGH WE HAVE PAID AND HAVE EMAILS CONFIRMING THIS. WHAT IS THE COVER PAGE??? DOES SHE MANUALLY HANDWRITE IN PEN ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE FORM SHE PRINTED?

Please guys this is stressing me. Visa type is settlement to join me...i'm from the UK.

Thanks
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

RkSC
Newly Registered

Post by RkSC » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi Zakikhan,

Edited:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/UK ... 290615.pdf

Please check above information first for IHS number issue.
Also ensure that you include original email confirmation of IHS payments.

A cover page is recommended to make sure you put down all the points which the immigration advisor is supposed to check in your application and substantiate what original documents you have attached for their satisfaction. By experience it is better to be safe and give relevant documents (especially the timeline of documents like last 6 months payslip).

Hope this helps.

RK

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello guys

I am going to make a postal application for my wife on FLR (M) form and I am settled in UK. My wife is also in UK.

However when I was trying to make a payment for Immigration Health Surcharge then I cannot proceed further with below question.

‘’If you are going to join or remain with a person who is already in UK’’

This section asks couple of question about that person whom my wife will be going to join or remain with in UK and those questions are as follows:

· Have you got their HIS number – I answered it as NO. Since this rule only came after 5th April 2015 and I never had to pay this.

· What is their visa expiry date? Since I've got ILR and there is no visa expiry date for indefinite leave to remain so what should I select here? If I leave this section blank , it does not let me proceed with the application.

If I leave this all section blank and do not add anyone in this section then I think it would let me proceed with the application but not sure if that will be correct way.

Please let me know how should I go about this problem.

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 am

Any suggestion about above query?

Thanks
US

aabdelmalek
Newly Registered

Post by aabdelmalek » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi Guys ,
I am in the same problem!
I am on ILR and my wife applying to join me in the UK, The IHS surcharge online form is very confusing and when it asks about my details ILR is not an option on the drop down menu.
Just wondering what everyone thinks and how you go about this.
Could you really do with some advice on this as we're very short of time
Thanks

SumitP
Newly Registered
India

Post by SumitP » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello,

I have gone through all the discussion but haven't really managed to find out what the solution is for online applications.

Like almost everyone who has raised this query, I had my ILR issued in Nov,2014 and have paid NI for last almost 6 years so don't really expect to pay IHS for myself separately.

I am however applying for my wife's visa and am stuck at the point where the IHS payment system is asking for my wife's details and details about my own visa.

I entered the end date marked on my BRP card (2024) and then filled in my own details. But the visa type option for my details does not have correct option.

I have read that some people have mentioned we should select applying alone option but I am not able to go back to the stage where this can be done and I did not encounter this question in her application. Can someone please help with answers to the questions below so it becomes clear to anyone who faces the same problem in future?

1. How can I remove my own details from IHS payment screens to be able to enter only details of my wife and then proceed onto make IHS payment for her?

2. If I am not able to make the change, should I create entirely new application for my wife and then select any different option during the application process before I reach the IHS payment stage?

3. What will happen to my wife's current application if I start all over again with new application because I am not able to fix the issue on IHS payment screens mentioned above?

SumitP
Newly Registered
India

Post by SumitP » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello,

I contacted UKVI and asked the questions. They didn't have answers when on the call and said they will write to me on mail Id. I got below from them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

With regards to your query, when the Immigration Health Surcharge(IHS)
section is being completed, the applicant will be required to enter only
their information on the calculation page.

We strongly recommend not to book prepaid travel and accommodation before
receiving the visa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my wife's details in both the first part and second sections of IHS application and put visa end date as 33 months from the date when her visa was expected to be approved approximately.

I got 630 pounds as charges and I made the application. Hope this information is useful to others when they stumble upon same problem.

ekganesh
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa IHS excess fee paid..1800 gbp instead of 600

Post by ekganesh » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello,
I have wrongly paid the IHS fees in excess..i.e instead of 600 gbp, I paid 1800 gbp by choosing the wrong option. Will this cause any delay or rejection of my Settlment visa...Will I be entitled for the refund of excess fees if all goes well ? Pls confirm as I have booked the appoitment on 27-Jan-2016 and dont want to cancel my appliction and go for the entire refund...

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

Post by swats_1315 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am

Hi All,

Need URGENT help with IHS fee.

I am on my ILR and applying dependent visa for my husband from India. We almost managed to fill the application for and then it took us to the IHS payment and then asking for my husbands DOB and Nationality and then asks to enter the details on mine (person you are joining in UK) where it asks for my Visa expiry date. If I enter the ILR expiry date it is asking us to PAY 1800£ and if i skip that question (there is option saying if you are a british citizen or EEA you can skip this question) it is asking us to PAY 600£.

Can you please help if we have to choose " if you are a british citizen or EEA" as I am on ILR as paying 1800£ doesnt make any sense?

Thanks alot.