ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can you be deported if you done crime eea res card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

can you be deported if you done crime eea res card

Post by gagsgahra » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi..i being found sleeping in the crashed car drunk and refused breath test ..police catch me and take me to custody and give me letter that I could be deported..i have British child..any advise

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: can you be deported if you done crime eea res card

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:02 pm

No idea but when you will apply British naturalization then ukba will give you a tough time under good character criteria. 8)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 pm

In theory, any non-British citizen (including EEA citizens) can be deported from the UK. It depends on the gravity of the crime.

As you have a British citizen child, the judge would look to the best interests of the child as well. But that by itself does not stop you from getting deported. The child could have somebody else take care of them (their other parent, for instance) or could be taken into social care.

So, the sole fact that you have a British child is not sufficient to stop you from getting deported if the crime is sufficiently grave.

Whether your crime is sufficiently grave depends on the judge and jury and is not a matter for these forums, but you may wish to have a look at this link to see how crimes are judged.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:45 pm

This document may be of interest to you: http://www.biduk.org/sites/default/file ... sion_0.pdf
(If you are an EEA national - couldn't really tell from your original post.)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Very useful. Thank you, LilyLalilu.

As the OP said in the subject that s/he has an EEA Res Card, I would presume that s/he is the family member of an EEA citizen, not one herself.

But the document does seem to state that the rules apply to them too.