ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police stopped me in random vehicle check, entrepreneur visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shanky

Police stopped me in random vehicle check, entrepreneur visa

Post by shanky » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Questions for gurus & geniuses

Need some quick advice and your views on my situation

My entrepreneur visa extension is due this coming Sep/2015. I have managed to invest £50 K, employed 2 full time employees and other requirement needed for extension.

My business was going through tough time I wasn't taking any salary from my business so I decided to drive a taxi on weekends to support myself.

Yesterday police stopped me in random vehicle check and my two front tyres were below the legal limits. Police gave my licence back and said that im good to drive but i would need to attendent court. That means I may get 6 point (3 point each tyre) on my licence or penalty or both depends on judge. I already had 3 speeding points on my licence in Sep/2013 and if I get these 6 it will be 9 points :( :(

They said it can take upto 3-4 month for the court summon and whole process. They said it's a motoring offence not criminal offence so it won't go on police records.

1- If I don't receive the court order before i apply for my extension do I need to mention this on my entrepreneur extension visa application form ?
2- If i receive court order before I apply for extension do you think I should mention this on form? and will this affect my extension ?
3- If I get this Sep/2015 extension sorted I will be due for ILR in Sep/2017. Do you think what ever the court decision will that affect my ILR application ?

Some off you may argue that its clearly mention in guidance that we are not allowed to drive a taxi. How I look into this is that its directors responsibility to keep the main business going and make sure that 2 employees get paid on time. Its doesnt matter if director sweeps the floor or drive a taxi to earn extra cash to top up the business accounts to keep business going. May be im wrong not sure ?

Regards

Taj
S

Irfanmz

Re: Police stopped me in random vehicle check, entrepreneur

Post by Irfanmz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:10 pm

this is very sensitive issue and would suggest you to contact a good solicitor, whatever people might say here might will be their opinion. but this matter does need expert Legal advice. Do not take any risk

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 pm

You worked or are working against the visa conditions an applicant is issued with at the time of visa. Director employed workers tryna make some extea money by illegal employment is all irrelevant if you were to justify. Now police got you driving with illegal tyres taking you to the court for the said reason is comon practice for which punishment is three points given for each tyre. In your case when you apply for extension you need to declare these incidents wether you would have attended the court or were attending the court as driving convictions dealt at magestrate are covered under criminal law following ukvi policy you need to tell such a case if its in process or have been processed against you when you fill in the application form. Implimentations include curtailment of your visa for not working for business you establish and being below level 4, application being not processed untill court's decision on your case. No matter what you werenot or are not supposed to be working as a cabi.
thanks,

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:28 pm

I don't think it will affect on your extension assuming you just get points and you mention it. However there might be problem when applying for ilr. 3 points is fine. More than that might affect...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:I don't think it will affect on your extension assuming you just get points and you mention it. However there might be problem when applying for ilr. 3 points is fine. More than that might affect...
9 points. 3 Points previously + 3 points for each tyre. Hopefully the OP hasn't passed his test within the last 2 years, or his licence will be suspended.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

empire
Newly Registered

Post by empire » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Have you passed your taxi test after getting visa?Or you already had your taxi licence because i heard they don't allow
you to pass taxi driving test on entrepreneur visa? please reply.

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Its really sad to know. Believe me guys I put new budget tyres in last month for 90 quids. Tyre size was 15. Even I dont drive for living (mean no taxi).

I cant understand why we get risk to save couple of quids.

shanky

Post by shanky » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm

empire wrote:Have you passed your taxi test after getting visa?Or you already had your taxi licence because i heard they don't allow
you to pass taxi driving test on entrepreneur visa? please reply.
Applied for the test and got licence before i applied for tire 1 visa, I know they don't give licence if you are on tire 1.

I was looking for a back up other then my regular business so taxi was the only flexible thing i could find that i could do whenever i want also it was the stress free kind of job - driving around the city , taking to nice customers , listening to nice music , flexibility of working whenever you want with no commitment and decent money so its a no briner at time.

Never thought that my back up plan will hold me up for my extension lol
S

rizarifpk123456

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:24 pm

@shanky you should not be doing taxi first of all being on t1 visa unless it is your own cab office. But by info it looks you invested 50k so you are on PSW, so taxi is not an option at all for you.
However i do not think your driving record will show that you was doing taxi at the time when you was stopped by police. If you mention it on your extension, by the way you will have to mention then, but they will only check DVLA record that why were you given points. And the reason is because of being tyre below the legal limit.
It will or will not make an impact is out of questions. You will have to disclose this information to HO keeping a faith that they will not dig into circumstances of points.

zshaan21
Pakistan

Post by zshaan21 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Don't worry bro such a sad news, but be positive and get some good advice from some legal practitioners who are dealing with the road offence cases. Also, as concern to your extension the best thing is to get advice from a good solicitor, but before contact with someone please read the extension policies/ guidelines,relevant information & form so atleast you know the rules.
I had 3 points last year and after that I applied for the Entrepreneur Visa by my own and I got the visa within a 1 month time and I am sure I did not mention anything about my points.
The driving offence points can be a problem when we apply for a passport, but don’t affect the ILR status.
Best of Luck....xx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

What about tax records? Won't they show that the OP was self employed outside the terms of his visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....