ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Holder's Traveling Eligibility to Europian Countries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashif.butt
Newly Registered

HSMP Holder's Traveling Eligibility to Europian Countries

Post by kashif.butt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi,

I am havin HSMP visa in U.K. I got a query from an employer, they want to know wheter you are eligible to go&work to other Europian countries without visa? because this new role requires often travel to other Europian countries?

Can anyone please tell whether i need visa to go and work in other EU contries or can work with same visa?

Kind Regards,

Kash

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Holder's Traveling Eligibility to Europian Countrie

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Having HSMP do not give any other privilage about visiting ang working outside UK (including EU countries). So U still need a VISA?WP if U want to work visit EU countries.
kashif.butt wrote:Hi,

I am havin HSMP visa in U.K. I got a query from an employer, they want to know wheter you are eligible to go&work to other Europian countries without visa? because this new role requires often travel to other Europian countries?

Can anyone please tell whether i need visa to go and work in other EU contries or can work with same visa?

Kind Regards,

Kash
Pantaiema

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi der,
You will definitely need a work visa to work in any other european country.
I had been to Germany for 1 week training and needed a visa as well.

kashif.butt
Newly Registered

Post by kashif.butt » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 am

Thanx for quick response. :wink:

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:12 pm

After you work for one year at your employer's, you can go under van der elst to certain countries such as NL, France, Spain and Germany, Italy doesn't recognize van der elst principle and it hasn't been tested in other EU countries.
I find it unusual , that you were required to get a visa for training
For a one week training, you generallly shoudlnt need a visa. It is like going in for a business meeting which doesn't rise to the level of earning income for work.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:21 pm

It may have just been a Schengen....

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:22 pm

Hello,

My international employer has invited me to visit our French office on business. I've been working on a team to design, develop and implement a new computer system for the company. In order to assist with implementation, they're contemplating a business trip to France that would last up to one month in duration.

They've not yet mentioned a date, but knowing my employer as well as I do, I gather it would be as soon as possible. Our company is located in the North of England.

I'm a permanent employee of the UK office, and my HSMP visa is good until the end of 2010. I'm a US Citizen with a US passport.

Is the Schengen Visa the correct route to take for a work-related trip to France? If so, how long does it typically require to obtain one for France (Assuming I can expedite my company's handling of the flight and accommodation arrangements!)?

What is the "van der elst" (I have indeed been working for my employer well over a year now)?

I am also worried that a month of business travel to France might jeopardise my HSMP ILR. I know the Home Office is starting to crack down on absences from the UK, but this trip is solely on business and to assist my UK employer. Perhaps I should suggest to my employer a shorter time period spent away from the UK?
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture