ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS decisions for July 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lloyd2442
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted COS decisions for July 2015

Post by Lloyd2442 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

I just heard back from PwC legal and mine was approved! I scored 50 points.

Best of luck to all of you and thank you for all the information on this.

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:42 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:
luckysunny wrote:Hey stephybailey24 !

I think some of us are a bit confused. Could you clarify - were you refused OR successful with 40 points?

Thanks
I am a teacher of English Language. I will be working in a high school in Ash. I am not sure if I can mention the school's name.

At 40 points, I was refused last month. This month, my employer resubmitted my application and i got an email saying that "I am pleased to inform you that your CoS was granted. I will email you tomorrow with the certificate".
Okay, that's great.

Congrats!! :D

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi Ttttier2,

I actually had 45 points.

It makes no sense to me that ppl with 40 points are being approved while others got refusals.

Although the news says 45 points is the cut-off point, but we still need to wait for either BBC or the Home Office to announce it to be sure.

If the news is true, the possible explanations are:
A. stephybailey24 has got housing allowances or salary increase, making him 45 points, while the employer has not given notice about it. (maybe teacher is on shortage list? or got a PhD degree?)

B. The application pool has gone so large that the MAC had to review applications case by case. As far as I know, the policy says they only judge by points. (see policy clause 29.23 and below. it tells you how they allocate the COS) so I cannot be sure if they actually do such things.

C.the cut-off points is actually not 45. perhaps media is just making assumptions, you cannot be sure unless it's on BBC or GOV websites.

these are just my speculations...right or wrong, I don't know.. I just hope I could offer a bit help..

I mean, I literally read all related Tier 2 policy guides. They are like 600 pages+ so I cannot remember the exact sentences.[/quote]

. Well, I guess my employer must have added housing allowance or gave me salary increase and did not inform me. I am not at the phd level and English is not a shortage subject. One of my friends has 40 points and his was denied... I don't know what is happening

IHateTheresaMay
Newly Registered

Post by IHateTheresaMay » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:04 pm

I guess there were some exceptions for those who do certain jobs such as teachers, nurses, etc.?
Anyway, congrats to those who got their RCoS.

I can't wait any longer. I'll have to search for jobs here in the US now but was really looking forward to return back to the UK and working for PwC there.

Rabiya

Post by Rabiya » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Are you sure there were exceptions for teachers or nurses etc?

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Rabiya wrote:Are you sure there were exceptions for teachers or nurses etc?
I doubt it. One of my friend is a teacher, like myself, and he did not get it at 40 points.

Believe me when i say...I don't know how i got mine at 40 points. My employer must have added something without my knowledge...

sammanu
Newly Registered

Post by sammanu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Have a look at these links. I am going to write a response to MAC. We put a lot of time and effort to get our job offers. I know it's desperate and may not be even read. But it might have a weight if a large number of refused applicants personally respond. If you never try you'll never know.

http://www.smithstonewalters.com/2015/0 ... -2-review/

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... er-2-route

Congratulations to all who have received their RCOS and all the best to those who were refused.

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:39 pm

sammanu wrote:Have a look at these links. I am going to write a response to MAC. We put a lot of time and effort to get our job offers. I know it's desperate and may not be even read. But it might have a weight if a large number of refused applicants personally respond. If you never try you'll never know.

Congratulations to all who have received their RCOS and all the best to those who were refused.
Another link with information
http://www.smithstonewalters.com/2015/0 ... icted-cos/

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:12 am

Mine got refused at 40 points. Any guesses for August 2015 ??

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:04 am

45 points but still haven't heard from my employer. I'm assuming the delay is on their part in letting me know since all decisions would have been released today/yesterday correct?

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:33 am

sammanu wrote:Have a look at these links. I am going to write a response to MAC. We put a lot of time and effort to get our job offers. I know it's desperate and may not be even read. But it might have a weight if a large number of refused applicants personally respond. If you never try you'll never know.

That's a great idea. They should listen to the applicants as well. The employers need to apply for COS allowances in advance and why would they still limit the COS in each month.

Also, these three months are peak months as most jobs start in August/Sept, and they could shift allocations from other months to the summer season.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:42 am

GettingTier2 wrote:

That's a great idea. They should listen to the applicants as well. The employers need to apply for COS allowances in advance and why would they still limit the COS in each month.

Also, these three months are peak months as most jobs start in August/Sept, and they could shift allocations from other months to the summer season.

Any chance to look forward to August with 40 points in your opinion , or is it just a waste of time again ?

Thanks

stargal87
South Africa

Post by stargal87 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:47 am

Hi all,

Congrats to all who made and to those who didn't - good luck with next month, I really feel for you guys!!!

Anyone on here applying for a tier 2 visa from South Africa? :D

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:17 am

How can I possibly convince my employer to re-apply next month , is it easy for you guys you got their application rejected to ask your employer to resubmit ?

fizhere
Newly Registered

Post by fizhere » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:21 am

Hi,

Any more people with 40 points getting a positive reply for rcOS?

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 am

ks227 wrote:How can I possibly convince my employer to re-apply next month , is it easy for you guys you got their application rejected to ask your employer to resubmit ?

Mind if I ask who's applying for your COS?

my employer promised me to reapply for July and August when we received a refusal in June.

Well, ks227, no one is sure about what would be happening in August. Let's wait for the July stats and maybe we can deduct something from that.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:50 am

ks227 wrote:How can I possibly convince my employer to re-apply next month , is it easy for you guys you got their application rejected to ask your employer to resubmit ?
Hi mate - you just have to request them again with a more positive note getting the CoS granted in next month allocation meeting. Hopefully they understand and reapply. My employer has been applying since Apr 2015 with no success but still happy to reapply next month. Its good of them to do to be honest.

Shah
Shah

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:52 am

Shah1698 wrote:
Hi mate - you just have to request them again with a more positive note getting the CoS granted in next month allocation meeting. Hopefully they understand and reapply. My employer has been applying since Apr 2015 and still happy to reapply next month.

Shah
Why didn't you get in April & May ?

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:59 am

Hmm. First time they did not post advert in Job Centre plus hence rejected. In second attempt, they did in Job Centre but without closing date mentioned in the advert so it got rejected again.

In third attempt, in spite of everything was inline with Home Office guidance, it was refused this month due to over subscription.

Don't know what happens next month...
Shah

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 am

Shah1698 wrote:Hmm. First time they did not post advert in Job Centre plus hence rejected. In second attempt, they did in Job Centre but without closing date mentioned in the advert so it got rejected again.

In third attempt, in spite of everything was inline with Home Office guidance, it was refused this month due to over subscription.

Goodluck for August. What other place was your job advertised apart from jobcentre?

ITConsultant2015
Newly Registered

Post by ITConsultant2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 am

stargal87 wrote:Hi all,

Congrats to all who made and to those who didn't - good luck with next month, I really feel for you guys!!!

Hi stargal87

I am applying from South Africa, still haven't heard back from PWC Legal though. Did PWC legal process your application on your behalf?

stargal87
South Africa

Post by stargal87 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:07 am

ITConsultant2015 wrote:
stargal87 wrote:Hi all,

Hi stargal87

I am applying from South Africa, still haven't heard back from PWC Legal though. Did PWC legal process your application on your behalf?
Hi - Yes they did, I basically phoned to the UK and asked her whether my application has been approved, at first she said she does not know, but will check and then I followed the call up with an email to which she responded that my RCOS has been approved. Who have you been dealing with? (the lady helping me has been very helpful and direct throughout the process)

What job did you apply for and where?

winteriscoming
Newly Registered

Post by winteriscoming » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:32 am

Any articles on the BBC/other credible news sources yet on the July cutoff?
I'm at 45 points and still haven't heard anything from my employer.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:01 am

fahadfaiz wrote:
Shah1698 wrote:Hmm. First time they did not post advert in Job Centre plus hence rejected. In second attempt, they did in Job Centre but without closing date mentioned in the advert so it got rejected again.

Goodluck for August. What other place was your job advertised apart from jobcentre?
Reed.co.uk
Monster.co.uk
Totaljobs.com
Jobsite.co.uk
CWJobs.co.uk
Indeed.co.uk

In all the above job boards they posted.
Shah

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 am

It is engineering company here in UK(Not sure if I am allowed to name it ) , I have done graduation in engineering here in UK and i am at 40 points, can not believe i have to work hard first to get a job , then to request my employer to not give up on me and then work equally hard to get RCoS and visa. This system must be fixed.
Last edited by ks227 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.