ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport & biometric card needs to be notorized?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

passport & biometric card needs to be notorized?

Post by kashyap80 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi,

I have ILR in the UK and my wife is currently submitting her VISA application under category "join the family of settled person".

I am going to send COPIES of my passport and biometric residence permit as part of her documentation. Do these documents be certified as original by anybody i.e. notorized by solicitor or certified by post office, etc? I believe these documents are already with Home office (as part of my ILR documentation) and they can check the details from their end. Do these still be certified by a third party? If yes, is it definitely by a solicitor?

Regards,
Kashyap.

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: passport & biometric card needs to be notorized?

Post by kashyap80 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 am

Could somebody guide me on the above query?

Raju1

Re: passport & biometric card needs to be notorized?

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:59 am

Kashyap,

They do not need to be notarised. It's okay if you can sign on those copies confirming with your attestation.

-Raju