ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR continuous period calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SimiP

ILR continuous period calculation

Post by SimiP » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:12 am

Hi,

I have a question on how to calculate continuous period for ILR.

I entered UK with Tier 4 visa for year. After completing my post-graduation, I switched to Tier 1 (PSW) for 2 years.

I then applied for Tier 2 (General) visa in Dec which was refused in May.I then made an appeal in May and the appeal was unsuccessful.I was under section 3c till the appeal was decided. The decision was received on 22 May. I then made another application and was granted the visa on 07th June. Will this be counted as break in the continuous period calculation for ILR??

I then extended my Tier 2 visa which was again refused on 10th June. I then re-applied for the same and was granted the visa on 8th July. Note that I was under Section 3c till 25th June.

Am I eligible for ILR???
Cheers!!
Simi

asif.masood
Newly Registered

Re: ILR continuous period calculation

Post by asif.masood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi All

Let me add another question and will appreciate if anyone can help me find an answer.

Can I apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after completing 5 continues years in UK and waiting for decision on my application to switch from Post Study Work Visa (PSW) to Highly Skilled Migrant Visa (HSMP).

HSMP Visa Applied on 01/07/2010

Thanks very much.

Asif